post any random Mario thought on your mind

I was never a huge fan of Giga Bowser. It's an amusing novelty but I don't like it as his final smash.

Mcmadness said:
I was never a huge fan of Giga Bowser. It's an amusing novelty but I don't like it as his final smash.

My only complaint with Giga Bowser is that the developers made him weaker than a Super Mushroom boost. Seriously, whenever Bowser picks up a Super Mushrooms, his attacks can actually deal more damage and make KOs sooner than Giga Bowser's attacks, especially in Smash 3DS / Wii U.

On a side note, while doing more of my size modifier tests, it seems that a fully charged smash attack actually deals up to 1.395x more damage, instead of 1.4x. An uncharged smash attack that deals 180% damage ends up dealing 251% damage when fully charged, so the fully charged multiplier is definitely lower than 1.4x.

Edit: After doing more tests with the damage multipliers, it seems that the damage multiplier for fully charged smash attacks is normally 1.4x. It still baffles me, however, that an uncharged smash attack that deals 180% damage doesn't deal 252% damage when fully charged.

Yeah, he should at least be as broken as Warioman.

On a different note playing through Paper Jam again and it's amusing how many parallels it has with partners in time. It's practically the same plot only replace time travel with paper and the shroobs with Bowser's army.

All it needs are the Baby Mario Bros. :'(

Or go full crazy. Mario, luigi, baby mario, baby luigi, paper mario, paper luigi, baby paper mario, baby paper luigi vs Bowser, Baby Bowser, Paper Bowser and Baby Paper Bowser.

A full clusterfuck of bros and Bowsers

I'd pay big bucks to see Paper Baby Mario and Paper Baby Luigi. Like BIG bucks.

$599 US dollars?

Sounds about right.

Like, the cost of a PS4 and a game with those guys playable in it. Would be awesome.

4K Baby Luigi

Mcmadness said:
Yeah, he should at least be as broken as Warioman.

Wario-Man isn't about being a heavy-hitter though. His greatest strength is his insane air game, enabling him to perform off-stage assaults that no one else can pull off.

Basically, while Wario-Man may not be as powerful as Mega Lucario or Giga Mac, his off-stage game greatly makes up for it.

I meant as in comparatively broken for different reasons.

Mcmadness said:
I meant as in comparatively broken for different reasons.

That's true. Unlike Giga Bowser, the only way that Wario-Man can take damage is if he goes off-screen or eats explosives (basically actions that are Wario-Man's own fault).

Giga Bowser should've been like a heavy-hitting kind of Final Smash fighter who surpasses Bowser with most attacks. If you only have 8 seconds to use Giga Bowser in Smash 3DS / Wii U, he should at least be able to get a few KOs in, but he feels so underpowered that you might not even get a single KO in before he reverts back to Bowser.

Magikrazy said:
*Image*
This might just be the last time we ever see Bowser in a tuxedo.
If they only knew...

It is pretty ironic how trophy descriptions can eventually contradict with what happens in future games. But to be fair, Super Paper Mario is the only time that "Paper Bowser" wears a tuxedo.

If anything it only further shows how much better regular Bowser is to his SPM counterpart.

It's funny how we are in theory supposed to hate Bowser since he's the bad guy but he's just too damn likeable.

Really, it's more of a "love to hate" feeling, which is the best feeling you can have for a villain no matter the genre or medium.

I've looked at Brawl's size modifier codes even further, and I believe that I caught a trend on how increasing a fighter's size affects the damage multiplier.

1x normal size = 1x damage dealt
1.625x normal size = 1.5x damage dealt
2.25x normal size = 2x damage dealt
2.875x normal size = 2.5x damage dealt
3.5x normal size = 3x damage dealt
6x normal size = 5x damage dealt
12.25x normal size = 10x damage dealt

So basically, whenever a fighter's size increases by 0.625 points, the damage multiplier increases by 0.5 points. However, these multipliers do NOT take into account the use of Super Mushrooms and Lightning.

In regards to the codes that get those size multipliers...
Code:
1.625x
140000D8 3FD00000

2.25x
140000D8 40100000

2.875x
140000D8 40380000

3.5x
140000D8 40600000

6x
140000D8 40C00000

12.25x
140000D8 41440000

Swiftie_Luma said:
She sounds really quiet to me.

MKWii was better .

She at least isn't as loud as Funky Kong was in Mario Kart Wii.

I also really liked her clips from MK Wii. I think Nintendo really found the best replacement for Jen Taylor, though I think it took a few games for Samantha's Toad voice to become good.

I also really like Pink Gold Peach's voice clips. I wonder if they were recorded specifically for her, or if they were leftovers from Peach. Perhaps even both situations happened.

Back