What products do you think are cash grabby?

What products do you think are the biggest cash grabs?

• The entire frigging EA Sports games. (ie, Madden and FIFA)

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • The Call of Duty series

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer/Winning Eleven series.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Windows Me (Millennium Edition)

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • The entire Skylanders series

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • The Castlevania Lords of Shadow games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple products like the iPhone, iPad and iWatch

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Alienware PCs

• Action 52 on NES

• The Mario Party series

• Assassin's Creed series

• Mega Man X6

• Disposable one time use only items.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Sierra's King's Quest, Space Quest and Police Quest series.

• Sega 32X

• Five Nights At Freddy's

• Guitar Hero

• Bioware games like Mass Effect.

• Graphics Cards

• amiibos

• Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

• LJN's movie based games on NES and other systems.

• Xbox Live Membership

• Total voters
Lumastar said:
Paper Jorge said:
Mario Party Σ said:
Mario Party, by a stretch so long, it would circumnavigate the Earth.

I'd disagree...it became a yearly thing at one point, sure, but each installment had a lot of heart put into it. Up until MP8, imo.
Ironically that's when it stopped being yearly.

It was cash grabby when it was yearly.

Paper Jorge said:
Mario Party Σ said:

I'd disagree...it became a yearly thing at one point, sure, but each installment had a lot of heart put into it. Up until MP8, imo.
No, I meant that putting Mario Party as a cash grab might qualify, but to a certain extent.

Pwwnd123 said:
Lumastar said:
Paper Jorge said:
Mario Party Σ said:

Ironically that's when it stopped being yearly.

It was cash grabby when it was yearly.

Cash grabby would imply its a rushed and poor product (example: CoD games past black ops?). But each Mario Party game was fucking awesome and well worth the price tag

even i'd disagree that mp9 and 10 are cash grabby, besides the car, they're both beautifully crisp and good games with really fun minigames

I'd say Assassin's Creed is probably worse than Mario Party. Assassin's Creed is known to be rapid fire.

Anyways is SMG2 and NSMB2 worse than the Assassin's Creed series from Ubisoft from Assassin's Creed 3 onwards? Assassin's Creed is considered a rapid fire franchise with non-stop installments.

I added Guitar Hero series as an option. It's also a cash grabby product.

guitar hero 3 was a pretty good game but it was the only one worth it.

oh and the arcade version. that one is pretty good tool.

3 was the heroes of rock one right
yeah that was amazing

though guitar hero isnt actually that grabby its all the spin offs like dj hero and shit like that

3 is the one everyone has played for some reason

mayb because it got defil went down to georgia and through the fire and flames

Cigarettes.

Seriously, paying all that crap and no benefit whatsoever.

Mario Party Δ said:
Cigarettes.

Seriously, paying all that crap and no benefit whatsoever.

I think it's one of the most awful products ever.

please dad, stop smoking them. we're on the brink of foreclosure and the last thing we need is you having medical problems resulting from it

He can't quit from it. I hate confronting him. Remember the last time I confronted him!?

He acts like we're personally attacking him. I don't blame him, it's the goddamn nicotine that's altering his state of being and replaced any semblance of reasoning and logic with impotent anger. It feels like a slow cycle of torture, especially when it affects other family members.

Eri Ayase said:
do people never read the warnings that are on every pack before they get addicted

They do, but they don't care. They give into peer pressure because it was the cool thing to do. Peer pressure is a pretty powerful persuasion technique.

Also, keep in mind that my dad is almost 60 years old, he probably got into it before the health hazards were a major thing. It's unfortunate they get addicted before the research catches up.

I don't want to blame dad. It's those disgusting tobacco companies that won't stop at anything to market their poison.

It's not his fault, but only he can decide whether to quit or not, unfortunately, and in this case, it's his choice. It's an extremely difficult one considering how addictive nicotine is, though.

My dad used to have the habit of smoking cigarettes since the 1990s. It took him a very long time to quit smoking. Now he smokes electrically.

Well BLOF and LGM, it's only only the medical bills you have to worry about. It's the cost of the cigarettes entirely, you could blow through all your savings and get foreclosed.

You might want to hold an intervention.

It's really my dad's decision. He never ever visits a psychologist or a psychiatrist despite his mental flaws. Unfortunately, he's Chinese. He doesn't understand my ADHD or want to understand my ADHD, for instance. I mean, he sometimes listens, but he doesn't understand how accommodations work and I don't think he trusts medications. My point, what are we supposed to do? Convince him? He's extremely hard to argue with, and he's the passive-aggressive type, especially when people criticize him.

a bunch of my family and friends smoke, ive never really had a problem-it's their choice
i always wanted to but never did because hospital is my worst fear

Pwwnd123 said:
Now he smokes electrically.
ive never heard it phrased it like this but electric cigarettes are a good alternative, maybe try suggesting that to your dad?

I'd rather he skimp on those filthy things all together. The science isn't clear on electronic cigarettes for now, but I don't know if he ever wants to switch.

Oh, you mean e-cigarettes? Yeah, those are literally cigarettes. They're vapourized tobacco. And worst of all, nobody knows what vapourized tobacco does to you, at least in the article I read in class. But welp, since nobody knows if it could kill you or not, it's safe. Obviously.

Back