What products do you think are cash grabby?

What products do you think are the biggest cash grabs?

• The entire frigging EA Sports games. (ie, Madden and FIFA)

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • The Call of Duty series

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer/Winning Eleven series.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Windows Me (Millennium Edition)

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • The entire Skylanders series

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • The Castlevania Lords of Shadow games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple products like the iPhone, iPad and iWatch

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Alienware PCs

• Action 52 on NES

• The Mario Party series

• Assassin's Creed series

• Mega Man X6

• Disposable one time use only items.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Sierra's King's Quest, Space Quest and Police Quest series.

• Sega 32X

• Five Nights At Freddy's

• Guitar Hero

• Bioware games like Mass Effect.

• Graphics Cards

• amiibos

• Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

• LJN's movie based games on NES and other systems.

• Xbox Live Membership

• Total voters
Re: Which product do you think is cash grabby?

The Ultimate Pwwnd123 said:
To me Mario Party is worse than Street Fighter, Mega Man, Call of Duty, King's Quest, and Assassin's Creed. I also believe Madden and FIFA surpasses Mario Party in terms of repetitiveness. Mario Party used to be rapid fire like Street Fighter, Mega Man, Bomberman, King's Quest, and even Assassin's Creed for a more recent example.
Okay, maybe Mario Party is a bit cash-grabby. But how is it any worse than Call of Duty?

Mario Party Σ said:
To me Mario Party is worse than Street Fighter, Mega Man, Call of Duty, King's Quest, and Assassin's Creed. I also believe Madden and FIFA surpasses Mario Party in terms of repetitiveness. Mario Party used to be rapid fire like Street Fighter, Mega Man, Bomberman, King's Quest, and even Assassin's Creed for a more recent example.
Okay, maybe Mario Party is a bit cash-grabby. But how is it any worse than Call of Duty?

Mario Party is notable for rehashing minigame ideas and many other things from game to game similar to how Call of Duty does in terms of maps and other ideas. I am talking about the GameCube Mario Parties.

Pyro said:
This can practically be equated to Mario Party. Each game demands a full set of new minigames, stuff like capsules/candy/whatever, new boards, a new story mode, extra modes. Neither [Mega Man and Mario Party] are repetitive when you actually look into them instead of casually glazing over them and assuming.

Baby Luigi said:
Pyro said:
This can practically be equated to Mario Party. Each game demands a full set of new minigames, stuff like capsules/candy/whatever, new boards, a new story mode, extra modes. Neither [Mega Man and Mario Party] are repetitive when you actually look into them instead of casually glazing over them and assuming.

But the Mega Man X series on the Sony
200px-PlayStation_logo_wordmark_1994to2009.svg.png
1 is somehow a little repetitive with the PS1 version of Mega Man X3 and Mega Man X6. Mega Man X6 had nothing over X5, it was the same shameless piece of shit as the game before it. At least Mega Man X7 on the
PS2-Logo.png
had something fresh to offer besides just 3D graphics only being offered by the PS2 Graphics Synthesizer, it atleast had something influential such as having multidimensional gameplay (switching from 2D to 3D within gameplay) which I honestly think influenced Super Paper Mario, but it sucked.

Mario Party 7 on the GameCube is less creative just like Mega Man X6 on the Sony PlayStation 1 which is a cashgrab.

You know you could have typed out the names of the consoles rather than pasting their logos within your text.

Is it really necessary worth the effort intricately looking for an image of the PlayStation logo and embedding it into your post while *bleep*ing up the readability and presentation instead of simply typing...."PlayStation"?

It's a bit funny how you ignore on why Mario Party 7 other than dogmatically say that it's a cash-grab...because JUST BECAUSE.

You shouldn't criticize Mario Party games for being the same, as well as any other multiplayer games that would rather rely on replayability than enriching, overhauling new content that tends to be the driving force between single player games who needs to thrive on innovation in order for their series to thrive, hence why so many indie titles try to do that. You know, it's funny how you can ceaselessly say that while Mario Galaxy 2, the magnum opus that you so insistently say it is, essentially brought as much new mechanics to the series as Mario Party 7 did to Mario Party games. Just like Mario Kart, all Mario Party needs to keep the series fresh is to introduce some new concepts here and there, and Mario Party 7 has done exactly that, what with character specific items, variable board play, 8 player cruise, and a new 2 player co-op system. That to me is enough for the game to not be stale. Furthermore, you get most enjoyment out of playing it with friends, and because of the variation of minigames Mario Party 7 provides, it's enough to be a totally different experience than it is for Mario Party 6 and before.

You never seem to explain why Mario Galaxy 2 is fine being nearly identical to its predecessor but not Mario Party 7 to Mario Party 6. And no, I don't want the "DUHHH DIRECT SEQUEL" excuse either.

Baby Luigi said:
Is it really necessary worth the effort intricately looking for an image of the PlayStation logo and embedding it into your post while *bleep*ing up the readability and presentation instead of simply typing...."PlayStation"?

It's a bit funny how you ignore on why Mario Party 7 other than dogmatically say that it's a cash-grab...because JUST BECAUSE.

You shouldn't criticize Mario Party games for being the same, as well as any other multiplayer games that would rather rely on replayability than enriching, overhauling new content that tends to be the driving force between single player games who needs to thrive on innovation in order for their series to thrive, hence why so many indie titles try to do that. You know, it's funny how you can ceaselessly say that while Mario Galaxy 2, the magnum opus that you so insistently say it is, essentially brought as much new mechanics to the series as Mario Party 7 did to Mario Party games. Just like Mario Kart, all Mario Party needs to keep the series fresh is to introduce some new concepts here and there, and Mario Party 7 has done exactly that, what with character specific items, variable board play, 8 player cruise, and a new 2 player co-op system. That to me is enough for the game to not be stale. Furthermore, you get most enjoyment out of playing it with friends, and because of the variation of minigames Mario Party 7 provides, it's enough to be a totally different experience than it is for Mario Party 6 and before.

You never seem to explain why Mario Galaxy 2 is fine being nearly identical to its predecessor but not Mario Party 7 to Mario Party 6. And no, I don't want the "DUHHH DIRECT SEQUEL" excuse either.

I like to be fancy, sometimes y'know.

Well well, go take a look at EA's so called Madden and FIFA garbage, a sports series that also has multiplayer gameplay. Then come back and tell me if it relies on replayability (which it doesn't since it is so yearly). Madden and FIFA are quite literally the same game rebarfed over and over again every goddamn time.

If being "fancy" sacrifices practicality then it just makes things "unfancy" just as how typing in script font makes things unecessarily hard to read. You type words in order to get a message out. This isn't art, all you're doing is typing a response.

Well well, go take a look at EA's so called Madden and FIFA garbage, a sports series that also has multiplayer gameplay. Then come back and tell me if it relies on replayability (which it doesn't since it is so yearly). Madden and FIFA are quite literally the same game rebarfed over and over again every goddang time.

way to cherry-pick my position and make a strawman out of it, as stargazing had pointed out

Nozomi Toujou said:
I love how you totally skipped BLOF's MP7 points.
Actually wait, I want you to answer her:

Baby Luigi said:
You know, it's funny how you can ceaselessly say that while Mario Galaxy 2, the magnum opus that you so insistently say it is, essentially brought as much new mechanics to the series as Mario Party 7 did to Mario Party games. Just like Mario Kart, all Mario Party needs to keep the series fresh is to introduce some new concepts here and there, and Mario Party 7 has done exactly that, what with character specific items, variable board play, 8 player cruise, and a new 2 player co-op system. That to me is enough for the game to not be stale. Furthermore, you get most enjoyment out of playing it with friends, and because of the variation of minigames Mario Party 7 provides, it's enough to be a totally different experience than it is for Mario Party 6 and before.

Baby Luigi said:

If being "fancy" sacrifices practicality then it just makes things "unfancy" just as how typing in script font makes things unecessarily hard to read. You type words in order to get a message out. This isn't art, all you're doing is typing a response.

To me, being fancy sometimes doesn't necessarily mean that I sacrifice practicality. That's something I do sometimes.

Baby Luigi said:

To me, being fancy sometimes doesn't necessarily mean that I sacrifice practicality. That's something I do sometimes.
But we call you out. You are sacrificing practicality. The point of writing is to get your point concisely and clearly as you can. If you try to be fancy, you risk giving unnecessary effort for your readers, and guess what, readers don't like spending a lot of effort since they have little time and little energy to do this.

please stop skipping over the mp7 points
i really want you to answer her as i'm curious as well

Baby Luigi said:
You know, it's funny how you can ceaselessly say that while Mario Galaxy 2, the magnum opus that you so insistently say it is, essentially brought as much new mechanics to the series as Mario Party 7 did to Mario Party games. Just like Mario Kart, all Mario Party needs to keep the series fresh is to introduce some new concepts here and there, and Mario Party 7 has done exactly that, what with character specific items, variable board play, 8 player cruise, and a new 2 player co-op system. That to me is enough for the game to not be stale. Furthermore, you get most enjoyment out of playing it with friends, and because of the variation of minigames Mario Party 7 provides, it's enough to be a totally different experience than it is for Mario Party 6 and before.

Well to, me all these apparently new concepts have got to do nilch with the gameplay just like in every new Call of Duty. Call of Duty does the same thing as Mario Party, by adding hardly anything new. Madden and FIFA do nothing to improve and they're the exact same piece of crap over and over again. Sure the Mega Man series on the NES by Capcom may have had a bit of improvements in gameplay but the Robot Master ideas are rehashed. Only very few Robot Masters are original.

Nozomi Toujou said:

There there, happy now.

Yoshi Touch & Go is a game I got, I remember how I was disappointed with it.
Game is extremely short, very repetitive, four modes that have very similar gameplay. It's all about aiming for a high score.
Sky part is boring to play, and you have to do that everytime.
Marathon mode is interesting, but only after like 5000 yards where it is becoming difficult, so it's long to reach there and one error, you die and you have to restart everything.

This game is an excuse for a software that uses the potential of the touching screen on the DS, it would have been fine a Eshop product for 10 € (if Eshop would have existed at this time) or something like that, but it's not worth 40€ at all.

Well to, me all these apparently new concepts have got to do nilch with the gameplay just like in every new Call of Duty.

uh that's not a rebuttal to my statement, that's just "well I think it's that because it's like that in *completely different X gaem*

....and the rest is just you going off on a tangent littered with red herrings like usual

maybe i should stop seriously debating with you if you're not going to seriously rebut my points

why the fuck is action 52 on there. do you even know what a cash grab is.

EA Sports titles now has 7 votes while Pro Evolution Soccer/Winning Eleven which is another repetitious sports franchise has 2 votes.

Pro Evolution Soccer is Konami's most rapid fire franchise. It's Konami's answer to FIFA.

Konami's most rapid fire franchise

DDR wants to have a word with you.

there is a new arcade version nearly every year (with multiple being released in some years) since 1998

Nozomi Toujou said:

There there, happy now.
no
because

Baby Luigi said:

I finally added Assassin's Creed series. It is somewhat cashgrabby.

I added Mega Man X6 for many of those who think it's a cash grab.

Back