What products do you think are cash grabby?

What products do you think are the biggest cash grabs?

• The entire frigging EA Sports games. (ie, Madden and FIFA)

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • The Call of Duty series

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Konami's Pro Evolution Soccer/Winning Eleven series.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Windows Me (Millennium Edition)

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • The entire Skylanders series

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • The Castlevania Lords of Shadow games

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apple products like the iPhone, iPad and iWatch

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Alienware PCs

• Action 52 on NES

• The Mario Party series

• Assassin's Creed series

• Mega Man X6

• Disposable one time use only items.

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Sierra's King's Quest, Space Quest and Police Quest series.

• Sega 32X

• Five Nights At Freddy's

• Guitar Hero

• Bioware games like Mass Effect.

• Graphics Cards

• amiibos

• Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

• LJN's movie based games on NES and other systems.

• Xbox Live Membership

• Total voters
Re: Which product do you think is cash grabby?

The Ultimate Pwwnd123 said:
I added Mega Man X6 for many of those who think it's a cash grab.

AND NOW I CANT UNDO MY VOTE

Eri Ayase said:
The Ultimate Pwwnd123 said:
I added Mega Man X6 for many of those who think it's a cash grab.

AND NOW I CANT UNDO MY VOTE
I'll reset it for ya.

Lumastar said:
I think you should change the poll title to "What products do you think are the biggest cash grabs?" and change the thread title to "What products do you think are cash grabby?"

I changed the poll title and thread title based on your suggestion.

I added the disposable one time use only items option to the poll.

I think, I should also add the King's Quest, Space Quest and Police Quest options.

King's Quest used to be repetitious like Mega Man. Mario Party used to be just as repetitious as Assassin's Creed.

When you say, "disposable one time use only items", you mean microtransactions, right? Lately, that's been every Pokemon game in a nutshell.

Paper Jorge said:
you know whats cash grabby

five nights at freddys

I agree

Five Nights deserves its spot here thoroughly.

I added the Sega 32X option. It's a very cashgrabby product.

EDIT: I even added Five Nights At Freddy's.

I know of a soulless cash grab that's worse than New Super Mario Bros. 2

Windows Me (Millennium Edition)

What was it? It was Windows 98 all over again rebarfed right back at us for $209 with no access to real mode DOS to play MS-DOS games and shit. It introduced Windows Movie Maker and System Restore but that has nilch over Windows 98. I mean one could easily pick up Sony Vegas or Adobe Premier back in the day and use it on Windows 98 and 2000 without having to fork some cash for Windows Me. And System Restore was flawed and wasn't worth it. Seriously, one can easily back up their data and reinstall Windows 98/95.

That sums it up.

Let me tell you, Fifa ultimate team is a massive crash grabber. If you can get access to good players and master playing well in the divsions, then it's a good game mode but recently EA have fucked everyone who plays this game over, how, by introducing price ranges.

Originally the natural way you could get more coins access to better players is buy using methods of trading, you make profit of the players you sell by charging them at a higher price than you payed for and slowly you gain more money would be able to use good players as reward but now players are sold at a certain price range so people know what they go for and your restricted to how much you can sell a player for, this was to stop people buying coins off websites but it came with all sorts of side effects and it didn't even stop people getting fifa coins on websites. It's now almost impossible to naturally make profit and get the players you want. Your stuck with your low amount of coins. It's a replicate of corrupt society where everyone is stuck in their classes and can't get out no matter how hard you try.

The only way to solve is to buy fifa points but you can only use fifa points to open packs and packs contain random and mostly shitty players who don't sell, so you have hope someone good comes out or your fucked and have to buy more fifa points. Is a cheap cash cow and it's ruining what is an otherwise very good simulation of the sport.

Lucina said:
Let me tell you, Fifa ultimate team is a massive crash grabber. If you can get access to good players and master playing well in the divsions, then it's a good game mode but recently EA have fucked everyone who plays this game over, how, by introducing price ranges.

Originally the natural way you could get more coins access to better players is buy using methods of trading, you make profit of the players you sell by charging them at a higher price than you payed for and slowly you gain more money would be able to use good players as reward but now players are sold at a certain price range so people know what they go for and your restricted to how much you can sell a player for, this was to stop people buying coins off websites but it came with all sorts of side effects and it didn't even stop people getting fifa coins on websites. It's now almost impossible to naturally make profit and get the players you want. Your stuck with your low amount of coins. It's a replicate of corrupt society where everyone is stuck in their classes and can't get out no matter how hard you try.

The only way to solve is to buy fifa points but you can only use fifa points to open packs and packs contain random and mostly shitty players who don't sell, so you have hope someone good comes out or your fucked and have to buy more fifa points. Is a cheap cash cow and it's ruining what is an otherwise very good simulation of the sport.

Heck, even the entire Madden and FIFA series is a cashgrabby just like Pro Evolution Soccer, Call of Duty, and possibly Mario Party by extension.

Mario Party, by a stretch so long, it would circumnavigate the Earth.

Mario Party Σ said:
Mario Party, by a stretch so long, it would circumnavigate the Earth.

I'd disagree...it became a yearly thing at one point, sure, but each installment had a lot of heart put into it. Up until MP8, imo.

Back