Nintendo Switch

1 2 Switch GOTY 2017

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/13/14255984/nintendo-switch-hardware-specifications-screen-resolution

32gb isn't very exciting but whatever

stolen from http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228230533&postcount=11718

PV5zV1T.jpg

XWuNY1C.jpg

y0DIEgA.jpg

N1MgkOR.jpg

GM2pMi7.jpg

0qAWMSP.jpg

mQ81LHS.jpg

tvIwZ2t.jpg

2yabGJG.jpg

mjyLkSe.jpg

LQSeJYP.jpg

iUVibz5.jpg

naUl2XH.jpg

4X9MOMn.jpg

The Switch may cost 300 dollars, but this includes the joy-cons (40 dollars each) and the grip (30 dollars) and the Nintendo switch dock set (90 dollars). that is 200 dollars just for buying them separate. Source is the website.

Nabber said:
http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/13/14255984/nintendo-switch-hardware-specifications-screen-resolution

32gb isn't very exciting but whatever

Sigh

470 dollary doos they can shove that

imma wait for mario and splatoon and new pokemon before dropping money

Like with ps4 at launch im interested but it needs a good library i can jump into right away before i can purchase instead of waiting for stuff

Also man fuck paid online
Nintendos plan sounds like a shittier psn really
Even with the monthly free nes game

$299.99 in the Us and £279.99 in the U.K. Look at the comparison

Cheers brexit

im down. I'd say something 'guess i'll work extra hours for the next few weeks and save up for it' but I don't know how to say no so I'm doing that already. Any word on launch titles? Breath of the Wild is pretty solid at least.

Crackin355 said:
im down. I'd say something 'guess i'll work extra hours for the next few weeks and save up for it' but I don't know how to say no so I'm doing that already. Any word on launch titles? Breath of the Wild is pretty solid at least.
Breath of the Wild is the only launch title that will probably appeal to you.

I mean, you have the motion-control bastion called ARMS and there's this 1 2 Switch crap is... I don't know, whatever the hell that is. It requires you to look in your opponent's eyes and it doesn't use a screen, but its utter "lolcrap" (similar to that translator guy for Grasshopper) made me pass out.

I was pretty ambivalent about the presentation itself, but everything after it is a shitshow

>32 GB of storage
>$110 (CAD) controllers
>"free games" for the online subscription are only playable for one month
>voice chat is done through smartphone app
>Is $400 in Canada, nearly as expensive as a PS4 pro when all hidden expenses are factored in

What a mess. For every half-decent advancement the system has, there's something stupid to neuter it.

yeah, basically

these are all things that nintendo can fix, the question is if they're too stubborn to actually fix them

no region locking lol just get the thing for cheap from the us if you really need to

Rohan Kishibe said:
470 dollary doos they can shove that
Ikr that's more than the Wii U
Canada gets it for $400 and we're practically the same currency

I'll probably get the Switch... In a few years time. Thanks Nintendo for your great pricing

Glowsquid said:
I think it works like this: you get Super Mario Bros. for one month. When that month ends you get a different game, like The Legend of Zelda. When that month ends you get Super Mario Bros. 2, etc. Of course those are only examples. Just in case there was any confusion.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Crackin355 said:
Breath of the Wild is the only launch title that will probably appeal to you.

I mean, you have the motion-control bastion called ARMS and there's this 1 2 Switch crap is... I don't know, whatever the hell that is. It requires you to look in your opponent's eyes and it doesn't use a screen, but its utter "lolcrap" (similar to that translator guy for Grasshopper) made me pass out.
Yeah, seems that way. Maybe some third party's will throw in a couple of launch titles, but for now I'll just go with Breath of the Wild. It should last a while at least, assuming the map actually has an appropriate amount of stuff to do in it compared to its size.

Glowsquid said:
I was pretty ambivalent about the presentation itself, but everything after it is a shitshow

>32 GB of storage
>$110 (CAD) controllers
>voice chat is done through smartphone app
>Is $400 in Canada, nearly as expensive as a PS4 pro when all hidden expenses are factored in

What a mess. For every half-decent advancement the system has, there's something stupid to neuter it.
i love this post

not even mentioning the pretty lackluster launch titles and including the assumption that nintendo will carry over their dumb practice of dripfeeding the virtual console and forcing people to buy them again or """"upgrade"""" them from the previous console i have pretty much no desire to get a switch at launch

Luigi 64DD said:
Glowsquid said:
I think it works like this: you get Super Mario Bros. for one month. When that month ends you get a different game, like The Legend of Zelda. When that month ends you get Super Mario Bros. 2, etc. Of course those are only examples. Just in case there was any confusion.
no its just you get that game for the month and no longer. you know whats bad about this proposed practice is that sony does the same thing but offers retail titles and other games for free

and you keep them so long as you keep your ps+ subscription active /and/ whenever you dont you can still renew it and the games will still be there

even if ps+ is a shitty service it has nintendo's proof of concept beat out the gate which isnt promising t b h

Rohan Kishibe said:
you know whats bad about this proposed practice is that sony does the same thing but offers retail titles and other games for free

and you keep them so long as you keep your ps+ subscription active /and/ whenever you dont you can still renew it and the games will still be there

even if ps+ is a shitty service it has nintendo's proof of concept beat out the gate which isnt promising t b h

that and that ps+ offer 4 games monthly (accross multiple systems but still)

and microsoft's version does that too *and* lets you keep the x360 games even if the sub runs out.

Paying for online on consoles is a scam. Offering "free" games (that aren't free since they're tied to a paid subscription) doesn't justify it, but that Nintendo is the last to jump on that trend and still somehow find a way to do so in the most stupid and unenticing way despite directly copying its competitors is just insane.

meanwhile, in terms of online play, pc continues to spit on the face of its competition

And Nintendo wonders why ROM pirating and emulation is so popular. Unlike virtual shit on a console, ROMs last forever.

my favourite justification for nintendo's paid online is "but with the money they make maybe they'll be able to maintain decent servers for once!"

like lol no

That might be a reason to look forward to it, but it's not a "justification". I would've defended Nintendo for the possibility of better servers IF PC didn't have good free online services as well.

Back