Amiibo

Re: What amiibos do you own?

I mean that it should be moved since amiibo are no longer just a Smash Bros. thing.

My newest Amiibos that I grabbed at Best Buy yesterday:

UA7OMX7.jpg

(Gold Mario is the same one I had before, but the other two are new)

There was some speculation going on about how one of the reasons Wave 5 is so small is because they'll be using that time to restock previous amiibo. There was also a rumor with a Best Buy employee that said they may restock Meta Knight amiibo. I hope both of these are true and I hope I don't miss my chance this time.

Possibly. I could only hope that

Oh you just missed it.

They started the pre-orders a couple seconds ago, but they already sold out.

if i ever get the dedede amiibo imma put it on the dashboard of my car

I managed to pick up a Bowser, Pikachu, Kirby, Link, Diddy Kong, Toad, Peach and King Dedede amiibos while I was in Japan these past couple of weeks.

So yeah heads up to anyone who may go to Japan to get rare amiibos, most stores like Sofmap have roughly the same range as you would find at your local Gamestop/EB/local equivelant. Though they are cheaper so I'd suggest picking up a few if you already have another reason to be there, as I did.

My siblings got Mario and Luigi and I added Sonic to my collection. So it looks like we have in order of when we got them:

Mine:
Yoshi
Pikachu, Bowser
Samus, Link

Siblings:
Mario, Luigi

Mine:
Sonic

well today I finally picked up my first and only amiibos: Robin, Ness, and Wario

THEY'RE SO COOL GOD I NEED MORE I mean, I'm so happy that I actually got the ones that I wanted, and especially glad that I preordered them like 3 months ago, there were NONE AT ALL in the store where I picked mine up from.

my favourite amiibo is probably wario, the detail on him is really neat, especially the 'Hurry Up' design on his jacket. That's a very close call however, they're all really cool and I love having figurines of Robin and Ness as well <3

still need to get a toad amiibo, and then those'll probably be the only amiibos I'll get (aside from Lucas whenever he comes out).

the ness amiibo isn't even out in the us until like an eternity later (one month later)

godamm you

all these eu and au/nz people getting their nesses (and robins and warios) now while us north american peasants have to wait a month and deal with retailer exclusives

Baby Luigi said:
the ness amiibo isn't even out in the us until like an eternity later (one month later)

godamm you
Gamefreak75 said:
all these eu and au/nz people getting their nesses (and robins and warios) now while us north american peasants have to wait a month and deal with retailer exclusives
I feel you both.

Went a bit crazy and got Robin, Lucina, Charizard and Pac-Man. My local Target actually had multiples of Robin/Lucina when I left and were there long enough for my friend to see my FB post and make his way over to buy them. I was really surprised, though I did check 3 other stores before that and none of them had them.

I saw that Palutena's the only amiibo in the next wave that's sold out online at EB so I promptly went down to my local store and preordered one. And I also preordered Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr.

I'm somewhat surprised that I couldn't find any of the Smash series Mario or Peach amiibo at any of the stores I went to today but I guess they're being replaced by the Super Mario series equivalents so I probably shouldn't be.

Update: Marth and Ike were in stock briefly over at EB Games AU but are no longer available. But I managed to snag one of each so yay for impulse buying, I'm not even seriously trying to get every amiibo why did I do this.

I'd be lying right now to say that I hate Europeans and Australians, but I should be directing my hatred and frustration at whoever manages the amiibo stock and whoever decided that store exclusives in general would be a good idea.

with wave 4 out, i find that eb games are being incompetent b**tards and don't have any. well screw them, i got a mega man amiibo and now i have 5: (more because they're hideously overpriced in australia than anything else)

Mega Man
Link
Marth
Bowser (Smash Bros version)
Pit

Giga12 said:
with wave 4 out, i find that eb games are being incompetent b**tards and don't have any.

its not their fault

Finally bothered myself with getting a photo of my collection.
CEJOwcAUMAATeE-.jpg

Remember when I only intended on getting 3 or 4 of these things? Me neither.

I also don't remember saying I will get only my mains, now I have like 10 of these things lol

I desperately want the Villager but since he costs a lot there's not much I can do

Also, group pic:

QSs3jDN.jpg

Everything from Wave 1 and 2 was for Christmas, I bought everything from Wave 3 with my own money, and Yoshi was for Easter.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot sheik

Back