Amiibo

Re: What amiibos do you own?

That's just shameful.

Yooka-Laylee said:
Mario Party Σ said:
Is anyone planning on camping out this week?

they're toys...

you obviously have no value in collecting figures or any merchandise whereas we do.

you really shouldn't be condescending like that. some of us like this kind of thing and considering how extremely difficult to get some amiibo camping out for your favorite amiibo because a. you happen to like collecting merchandise or b. you like the character that much is a reasonable thing to do.

this isn't much difference than camping out of a gamestore to buy a video game at release date.

but seriously do you have any clue how extremely difficult it is to get one of these figures?

Baby Luigi said:
Yooka-Laylee said:
Mario Party Σ said:

they're toys...

you obviously have no value in collecting figures or any merchandise whereas we do.

you really shouldn't be condescending like that. some of us like this kind of thing and considering how extremely difficult to get some amiibo camping out for your favorite amiibo because a. you happen to like collecting merchandise or b. you like the character that much is a reasonable thing to do.
lel

Baby Luigi said:
this isn't much difference than camping out of a gamestore to buy a video game at release date.

Lol no it isn't because they're usually supplied to meet demand rather than purposely restricted to make you think they're more valuable than they are. Also they sometimes they have launch parties which are actually a reason to go.

Baby Luigi said:
but seriously do you have any clue how extremely difficult it is to get one of these figures?
I have 12 of them lol

Getting any amiibo is easy. Getting the one you want, now that's another story...

Meta Knight said:
Getting any amiibo is easy. Getting the one you want, now that's another story...

Depends which one you want. If you want like Mario, Link, Pikachu, Kirby, and/or Luigi for examples you can almost always find those

However others like Captain Falcon, Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, and/or Ness. It may require either a lucky search, reservations, and/or extra moolah online.

Well, I got the Jigglypuff and got myself Wario while I was there. Not bad.

Yooka-Laylee said:

So is your rebuttal against my point that we share different opinions just a half-baked out "lel"?

Yooka-Laylee said:
Lol no it isn't because they're usually supplied to meet demand rather than purposely restricted to make you think they're more valuable than they are. Also they sometimes they have launch parties which are actually a reason to go.

And is there any underlying evidence that they're purposely restricted when it is also about as probable that Nintendo clearly does not have a thought what they're doing?

The key word "sometimes" have launch parties.

If they're so not "worthy" going to, then explain the long lines that start as early as midnight? Explain the other people who wait for long hours in this line to get the amiibo? They probably find value in these figures, that's why they go to such lengths to wait in line.

I've gone to Target as early as 11:30 PM last night, there was already a line of eight people. The line grew very large in the early morning, probably encompassing about 30 or so people, and that's only for one store. This isn't anecdotal at all. Most stores here face a similar situation, and the retailers are very well-prepared for it considering they imposed all of these regulations and order into the amiibo lines.

Yooka-Laylee said:
I have 12 of them lol

I'm not talking about amiibo like Link, Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, DK, Toon Link, Zelda, Shiek, Pikachu, etc. I'm talking about stuff like the Fire Emblem characters, store exclusives that wander around in the US, and the extremely low stock (the Target I went to had a grand total of only 4 Lucina's and Robin's, compared to their store exclusive, Jigglypuff, which was actually one of the higher ones).

My Mega Man amiibo is becoming me and I'm concerned.

the machines are taking over

The only three rares I've ever seen are Marth, Little Mac and Fox and those were me and my brother's christmas presents.

Meta Knight said:
I still want Meta Knight. :'(

They had a small restock of him in Best Buy if I'm not mistaken but yeah, store exclusives are basically an RIP to the amiibo

Today, I snagged Jigglypuff, Pac-Man, Silver Mario, and Wario. Waiting since 11:30 PM isn't THAT bad, the phone and 3DS makes the time fly buy really quickly and plus there are pretty nice people on the line and I thank my lucky stars for insomnia for once.

The Target did a really excellent job at handling the line and I thank them for their excellent service.

but really the way that nintendo is handling the amiibo situation in the us sounds like complete shite

while i was picking up my robin, ness and wario there was heaps of stock left, and i had the ability to pick up the rest of Wave 4 from any store i liked on their release day without the need to camp out (not that i did because money). limited shipments and store exclusives are total bullshit

nintendo certainly underestimated production for the first two waves but it seems apparent that they're now exploiting this 'rarity' for more money and it makes me sad

GBAToad said:
but really the way that nintendo is handling the amiibo situation in the us sounds like complete *bleep*e

while i was picking up my robin, ness and wario there was heaps of stock left, and i had the ability to pick up the rest of Wave 4 from any store i liked on their release day without the need to camp out (not that i did because money). limited shipments and store exclusives are total bull*bleep*

nintendo certainly underestimated production for the first two waves but it seems apparent that they're now exploiting this 'rarity' for more money and it makes me sad

It really is.

At first, Nintendo had the port strike card they can pull out. The port strike did affect the sales.

But now that it's lifted quite some time ago, they really have no excuse for this bullcrap. For example, today, Lucina went on in Amazon and sold out its entire stock in no less than 5 minutes. Basically people were F5'ing like mad. Some didn't even see Lucina go up at all.

I wouldn't mind store exclusives if they were actually handled better, like how Disney handles their store exclusives in their Disney Infinity line where nearly every character is well-stocked regardless of their status.

After getting Olimar, Bowser Jr., possibly Dork, and the rest of the SM line rest sans Gold Mario I am officially done with amiibo. And if Wave 2 series of Super Mario turns into super rare, then screw it I'm not buying it.

GBAToad said:
while i was picking up my robin, ness and wario there was heaps of stock left, and i had the ability to pick up the rest of Wave 4 from any store i liked on their release day without the need to camp out (not that i did because money). limited shipments and store exclusives are total bull*bleep*
I can't believe you. It sounds like you're making this up.

It's sheer impossibility here.

The stores had like 4 of Lucina and Robin.

FOUR.

One, two, three, four. You can allocate each of your fingers to the total amount of Lucina and Robin shipments that came to our store and you'd still have your thumbs left.

By the way, I'm still deciding if I should cover up my Silver Mario's eyes to make him resemble my second favorite Mario Kart character: Metal Mario.

Yooka-Laylee said:
Mario Party Σ said:

they're toys...

I don't know what your problem is, but you just demonstrated an ignorant lack of understanding and sympathy, and if you continue to trivialize this situation and put us and other amiibo collectors down for buying "just toys", then you can always leave this thread.

Ultimately, yes, they are "just" children toys, but I and other amiibo hunters know the value in these toys. It's not every day you get a chance to get a statuette of Fox, Pac-Man, Link, Sheik, Zelda, Kirby and others ; it's hard enough to find Mario and co. merchandise compared to Skylanders, Marvel, Disney, etc.

I just need Olimar, ROB, and maybe Game & Watch and duck hunt then I'm jumping ship until they release a Kirby, Pikmin, or Mother (lol) series.

Also, 5 minutes for Lucina being on Amazon is a little generous. I'd say it was more in the ballpark of 30 seconds, though it may have actually been milliseconds.

edit: absolutely no shock to anyone, robin went up on amazon and sold in like 10 seconds lel

Oh, oh, oh, my friend managed to get ahold of Lucina and Robin.

He was so bummed.

Here's the story: me, my sister (Baby Luigi, in case you don't know yet), my friend, my friend's mom, and my friend's brother decided to go camping, starting somewhere around 7:00 p.m.. My friend's brother set up camp near Toys R Us while we went at Target. There was no hassle over at Toys R Us, but at Target, we were told by security to leave the area, despite getting permission from the people indoors. So, we went home and we played Smash Wii U until 11:30ish. According to the Target, they won't let campers until store closing. When we came back, we saw already 7 people in line, and my friend was quite mad since we were technically there first, and considering the extremely shipment of Robin and Lucina, he was nearly panicking. True, we could've waited in the car, but 5 hours is pretty long time, but it's not fair that Target security found us and not these people camping.

Overnight was not too bad. I had a fully charged 3DS, DS lite, and two fully charged phones (one had a working SIM card, though). Baby Luigi had a fully charged 3DS as well. We brought other things too, but the game systems and the phones helped kill a lot of time. I myself couldn't sleep because of one guy that was snoring, game systems, and that I was going through, uh, girl things (as I found out this morning; ladies, you can figure this out :P).

Anyhow, even though we were, like, 8th in line, Robin and Lucina sold like *snap* that. I managed to pick up Silver Mario and Pac-Man, and Baby Luigi took Wario and Jigglypuff. The line was pretty dang big when we got in, and the only character left was Pac-Man. My friend's mom also got a Jigglypuff, but she let my friend, who was super desperate, to trade that Jigglypuff for a Robin. Again, he was in anguish because he really wanted Lucina, and his brother didn't get Lucina (he wanted Greninja, I believe?).

The good thing is, though, he went online and ordered a Lucina. He was pretty lucky, compared to a lot of other people who tried hitting their F5 keys until they broke.

So, that's my story. I survived amiibo Black Friday and got Silver Mario, Pac-Man, Wario, Jigglypuff, and kinda messy pants. :P

Gamefreak75 said:
I just need Olimar, ROB, and maybe Game & Watch and duck hunt then I'm jumping ship until they release a Kirby, Pikmin, or Mother (lol) series.

Not even a Lucas amiibo?

I didn't camp out, but I went to the Toys R Us early to get the Splatoon amiibo Triple Deluxe and Greninja. There was already well over a dozen people, and an employee had to give us cards for each amiibo we wanted and, of course, could snag. The Robins and Lucinas went out almost instantly while the others at least made it to me. I ended up getting what I came for as well as a bonus Silver Mario, but others weren't so lucky. (I managed to pre-order Robin and Lucina.) It's pathetic how Nintendo had low stocks for not one, not two, but ALL FOUR Fire Emblem amiibo.

Baby Luigi said:
Gamefreak75 said:

Not even a Lucas amiibo?
Oh, shit, yeah I forgot about dlc, but Lucas is the only one I want of the two released so far. Looking forward to Gamestop exclusivity.

i've given up on trying to find amiibos

only ones i'm gonna try to get are the yarn yoshi one and rob once he releases

Back