Amiibo

Re: What amiibos do you own?

Baby Luigi said:
Pre order yes

but the exclusive status practically guarantees he will be unicorn status
Well, I guess we'll be going to Gamestop ASAP before them scalpers start scalping.

Mario Party Σ said:
Baby Luigi said:
Pre order yes

but the exclusive status practically guarantees he will be unicorn status
Well, I guess we'll be going to Gamestop ASAP before them scalpers start scalping.

Hell I want Ness this badly I'll walk all the way there to buy it

I can always do online but I really don't trust it that much.

I just hope that means Ness will be a guarantee from us. I heard some people's preorders were screwed or so... :\

So far, I have Link, Kirby, and Pikachu. Hoping to get a Lucas ammibo when/if it comes out.

i want so many amiibos but ill settle for the pink yoshi yarn one

that thing is so damn cute

Getting that Ness amiibo was some crazy ----

The GameStop servers wonked out and there was quite a line at our GameStop but luckily one of my friend's mom helped us (she was third in line)

They told me it was 2 o clock but they lied, and it was 12 as we originally suspected >_>

related: this happened to us

http://kotaku.com/gamestop-cant-handle-the-amiibo-craze-1695320272

Jesus Christ, I feel like I barely got Ness. Even then, the shipping address is wrong. But I hope we secured Ness at least. He's in our receipt. Oh well, we'll just wait until the traffic dies down and we'll call them to change the address.

And Robin and Lucina sold out before our friend's mom can get them even though she was third in line. And I've heard people who were first in line couldn't get them either.

How is this ----ing possible? This is ridiculous, more crazy than it needs to be -____________-

Heard Jigglypuff a Target exclusive, sold out in mere MINUTES.

Oh, aside from that doom and gloom, I actually tried getting ahold of the Super Mario series Mario amiibo at Walmart. He was actually on display with, like, 4 other Marios. I couldn't get him because it was a mistake, so lol. At least my Mario amiibo is reserved for me so I can get it tomorrow...

I've only just heard about Jigglypuff today and I'm like, why did they have to make her store exclusive? Whyyyyyyyy??? I kinda want her >_>

I want Yoshi, but the only ones I can find are the Super Mario ones. I want the Smash Bros one.

Paper Jorge said:

I was thinking of getting the green one for Yoshi's Woolly World.

@BLOF and LGM: Yeah it really confused how Lucina and Robin (and even Wario of all Amiibos) sold out before even the first person in line could order.

Managed to get Ness (and Pac-Man because Robin was sold out and seems like he's going to sell out everywhere :| ) at Gamestop after waiting for almost three hours for the servers to un-fuck themselves because I guess Gamestop didn't think that maybe their servers couldn't handle all the processes of every Gamestop at once. I was 15th in a line of 30+. Absolutely insane.

Ness is the only Amiibo I would be willing to do that for (well, except for maybe the inevitable Lucas amiibo and Ice Climbers amiibo).

Gamestop and Nintendo can go fuck themselves anyways.

Duskull said:
Paper Jorge said:

I was thinking of getting the green one for Yoshi's Woolly World.
I'll take the blue one.

As long as it stays Light Blue.

Gamefreak75 said:
@BLOF and LGM: Yeah it really confused how Lucina and Robin (and even Wario of all Amiibos) sold out before even the first person in line could order.

Managed to get Ness (and Pac-Man because Robin was sold out and seems like he's going to sell out everywhere :| ) at Gamestop after waiting for almost three hours for the servers to un-*bleep* themselves because I guess Gamestop didn't think that maybe their servers couldn't handle all the processes of every Gamestop at once. I was 15th in a line of 30+. Absolutely insane.

Ness is the only Amiibo I would be willing to do that for (well, except for maybe the inevitable Lucas amiibo and Ice Climbers amiibo).

Gamestop and Nintendo can go *bleep* themselves anyways.
Holy crap. We actually walked to Gamestop early (and it was quite some walk) at 9 a.m., arrived at 10a.m., bought a Luigi amiibo (and almost a Mario amiibo) at Walmart, waited, entered the store at 11 a.m., were told that preorders started at 2 p.m., left the store to eat and browse books at the library, came back and found ourselves last in a line of, like, twenty. We were lucky that one of our friends and his mom were just ordering for the thing and his mom was being so nice that she ordered a Ness for us.

How most of Wave 4 sold out BEFORE Ness stupefies my mind. Hell, this might be the first wave where all preorders are sold out.

You'd think Nintendo would learn from their previous waves, but everyone's all extremely tense that they can't get amiibos of their favorite characters to the profound shortages in the past, and we're all panicking. It shouldn't have to be like this, but Nintendo feels like they're way too dense to learn from past mistakes...

This just in! All Wave 4, 5, 6, and 7 amiibo pre-orders have sold out!

Also, all amiibo pre-orders for Smash 5 have sold out as well!

You know that's a very distinct possibility

What's more, Dr. Mario amiibo will be store-exclusive to Rite Aid, Falco amiibo to Star Bucks, Lucas amiibo to Borders, Metal Mario amiibo to Jiffy Lube; and Duck Hunt, R.O.B., Bowser Jr., and Pink Gold Peach amiibos will be blind-packaged and will be given as part of a Happy Meal.

Mewtwo amiibo will be exclusive to this guy Fred's house, but you better hurry. He only has 6. Pre-orders start in 5 minutes.

Zero Suit Samus amiibo will be exclusive to random alleyways in Detroit.

Magikrazy said:
Mewtwo amiibo will be exclusive to this guy Fred's house, but you better hurry. He only has 6. Pre-orders start in 5 minutes.

Zero Suit Samus amiibo will be exclusive to random alleyways in Detroit.
Also, more amiibos will be exclusive to lucky randomly selected users of eBay. Since they are very special, the amiibo price range can go from $60-$120. If you are extra lucky and have a super-special defect edition, it can go up to $25,000!!!!

I just got Yoshi (the Super Mario series one) for Easter so now I have:

Mario
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Kirby
Marth
Little Mac