Coincidences in the Mario series

Baby Luigi said:
Hey, video game characters don't age, it's a pretty well-known fact :babyluigi:
No, Baby Luigi sounds like a pubescent.

Great decent coincidences. Now anymore coincidences involving an event reappearing in another Mario game.

Nabbit has similar traits to Croco:
Both are purple
They steal
Carry large sacks(It's the same with the stealing part)
Both are animals(I think)

yoshiking14x said:
Nabbit has similar traits to Croco:
Both are purple
They steal
Carry large sacks(It's the same with the stealing part)
Both are animals(I think)

That's an interesting coincidence.

I'm pretty sure some of the things you guys are saying are homages instead of coincidences. But if not...

Would Bowser jr having the same design as baby bowser count? And before you say anything, they didn't have to look alike and I don't think they would have intentionally stole an older design. Also a Boo's laugh is Bowser's sped up.

Lumastar said:
Both are intentional. Baby Bowser was redesigned to resemble Bowser Jr. since he's basically another younger Bowser. As for the Boo's laugh thing, it was likely done due to limitations.

No, actually Baby Bowser came first then Bowser Jr.

The Ultimate Pwwnd123 said:
Lumastar said:
Both are intentional. Baby Bowser was redesigned to resemble Bowser Jr. since he's basically another younger Bowser. As for the Boo's laugh thing, it was likely done due to limitations.

No, actually Baby Bowser came first then Bowser Jr.

Oh, you mean in the earlier games? It's the other way around in that case. Baby Bowser made a couple of appearances, Bowser Jr. was created as a modern take on the concept of a younger Bowser, and Nintendo decided to change Baby Bowser so that he would resemble Bowser Jr. more. They even have the same voices based on Yoshi's New Island!

Huh?

Baby Bowser in Partners in Time IS Bowser Jr.

I don't care what they call him, he looks exactly like Bowser Jr. barring the bandana, he talks like him, hell, he even USES Bowser Jr.'s voice clips.

I hate that they made Baby Bowser look like Bowser jr.

Babies come from storks.

There is another coincidence in the series. The Luma's design are based on one of the items in Paper Mario: TTYD.

Luma's are probably based on starmen than anything else.

When Doki Doki Panic became Super Mario Bros 2, Luigi took the place of the character Mama. Three years later,
SMWLuigi.png

Back