Coincidences in the Mario series

DragonFreak said:
Zae Eildus said:
Gnaw said:
i'm... not convinced that a single coincidence has been mentioned in this thread so far

so...you think nintendo meant to do it?
OMP! HAHAHAHA. You win the Thread.

...wut

uh sometimes

but what i was actually saying is that i dont think any of these things meet the definition of the word "coincidence"... that implies that there's something notable or interesting about the coincident events happening to align in just such a way, but i really don't think there is in any of these cases. like with that bubble thing, depicting that someone's been magically restrained is often done by putting them in a bubble. it's not surprising that it happened in mario twice because it's an established mechanism for conveying that situation

well thats a good point but i think some of these are kind of interesting like the whole platform thing in smg and ttyd

There are plenty of other coincidences in throughout the series.

In “Dadzilla”, Wendy suspected Bowser is not her real father, look what happened later.

Bowser in Hotel Mario, he gives Mario a message and in Mario Party DS he does it again, it's a invitation, but it's still “It's from Bowser”.

yoshiking14x said:
In “Dadzilla”, Wendy suspected Bowser is not her real father, look what happened later.

Bowser in Hotel Mario, he gives Mario a message and in Mario Party DS he does it again, it's a invitation, but it's still “It's from Bowser”.

That's a part coincidence but Hotel Mario doesn't count because it's non canon and Nintendo doesn't mention it or even acknowledges it to this day.

Magikrazy said:
Cut to 1½ years later, and Koopalings are finally kart racing.

Wat da faq? That's a unoffical fan made video. It's not official media so it's not an official coincidence.

Magikrazy said:
What the hell is an "official coincidence"?

It means that it is something official from an official Mario game and not fan made media like fan videos and fan games.

The Ultimate Pwwnd123 said:
Magikrazy said:

It means that it is something official from an official Mario game and not fan made media like fan videos and fan games.
Coincidences can happen in anything, official or not.

Magikrazy said:
Magikrazy said:

Coincidences can happen in anything, official or not.

I see what you mean, Magikrazy.

DragonFreak said:
Wat da faq? That's a unoffical fan made video. It's not official media so it's not an official coincidence.
Dorkly might as well be canon for how amazing they are.

This

Miyamoto once said in a magazine interview, "Who knows what Mario will look like in the future? Maybe he'll wear metallic clothes?".

Then in Mario 64, we got Metal Mario.

Some real-life coincidence.

Me and BabyLuigiOnFire are twin sisters.

Mario and Luigi are twin brothers.

I'm slightly shorter than my sister and I'm the older twin.

I love Mario and my sister loves Luigi (Baby Luigi now).

Does TTYD having multiple connections with the first Paper Mario a coincidence or the former ripping off from the latter?

All the Paper Mario games prior to Sticker Star share many similarities, such as having the Merlon clan. However this is hardly coincidence as they're part of the same series.

It's like saying Fawful's appearances after MLSS are coincidences.

Wittgenstein said:
All the Paper Mario games prior to Sticker Star share many similarities, such as having the Merlon clan. However this is hardly coincidence as they're part of the same series.

It's like saying Fawful's appearances after MLSS are coincidences.

Yes, but TTYD was a lot more blatant. There's even a list of the similarities.

Here's one crazy coincidence

I was born in the same year Baby Luigi was conceived. So I know how long Baby Luigi's been around....20 years ;~;

Hey, video game characters don't age, it's a pretty well-known fact :babyluigi:

One of my first Mario games, Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble, came out the same year I did.

Back