Coincidences in the Mario series

Dr. Peach

Rest in Peace Walkazo 1991-2016
Banned User
The first notable coincidence in the series is with Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy 1.
The coincident part is when Peach's castle gets lifted into the air.

The second coincidence is is with Super Mario 64 (64DS) and Super Mario Galaxy 2.
The coincident is in Peach's letter where she invites Mario to her castle for cake.

The third coincidence is also with Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and Super Mario Galaxy 2 in the end where Peach is held in a bubble before the main villain in the game.

Feel free to expand on the coincidences mentioned or add more coincidences that are seen throughout the series.

The Ultimate Pwwnd123 said:
The second coincidence is is with Super Mario 64 (64DS) and Super Mario Galaxy 2.
The coincident is in Peach's letter where she invites Mario to her castle for cake.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in SMG2, doesn't she invite Mario over for the Star Festival?

Stargazing said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in SMG2, doesn't she invite Mario over for the Star Festival?

Nope, she doesn't mention the Star Festival. She only says that she's inviting Mario to her castle for some cake.
SMG2_Peach_invite.png

That's what I mean by the coincidence.

Is the coincidence with Paper Mario:TTYD and SMG2 where Peach is held in a bubble before the main villain in the final area in the game noteworthy for a reference on the SMG2 article?

Luigi pretending to have a baby in a Super Mario Bros Super Show and in Super Mario World he “does ” because of Yoshi.

A animated Mario movie has Mario throwing Bowser by grabbing his tail... Look how Bowser gets defeated in Super Mario 64.

wait actually

reading over this letter again, it says she's baking cake for him, yes, but she's baking it for them to eat while watching the shooting stars

meaning that she invited him over to watch the stars so it's not really a coincidence ((in fact baking cakes is peach's thing so it's moreso intentional))

Stargazing said:
wait actually

reading over this letter again, it says she's baking cake for him, yes, but she's baking it for them to eat while watching the shooting stars

meaning that she invited him over to watch the stars so it's not really a coincidence ((in fact baking cakes is peach's thing so it's moreso intentional))

But the cake thing is a reference/coincidence with SM64.

You have no idea what coincidence means do you?

Mcmadness said:
You have no idea what coincidence means do you?

I know what a coincidence is.

Is Peach's castle being lifted in Paper Mario and Super Mario Galaxy 1 a big coincidence.

The first and third are coincidences.

The second is defiantly an intentional reference, nintendo enjoy throwing things like that in from time to time.

Groose said:
The first and third are coincidences.

The second is defiantly an intentional reference, nintendo enjoy throwing things like that in from time to time.

You mean both Paper Mario and SMG1 and TTYD and SMG2.

An interesting one I discovered is that the area where Rosalina is in the Comet Observatory in SMG1 looks like the pedestal in front of the Thousand Year Door in TTYD. They function the same way too, with one part lighting up every time you collect a Grand Star/Crystal Star.

Anymore great coincidences that are worth mentioning?

Wittgenstein said:
An interesting one I discovered is that the area where Rosalina is in the Comet Observatory in SMG1 looks like the pedestal in front of the Thousand Year Door in TTYD. They function the same way too, with one part lighting up every time you collect a Grand Star/Crystal Star.

wait really?

i need to replay those just to see that

i'm... not convinced that a single coincidence has been mentioned in this thread so far

Gnaw said:
i'm... not convinced that a single coincidence has been mentioned in this thread so far

so...you think nintendo meant to do it?

Back