Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition announced for 3DS

Stanley the Troll said:
If the next Paper Mario game is nothing like Sticker Star and more like the others, it will be chock-full of references to the first three, SPM included. I wouldn't be surprised if we see redesigns of the SPM enemies to fit in with the normal PM art style.
i would like bringing back the old designs as long as it had the papery feel of sticker star

say what you will about the game but it was paper

Stanley the Troll said:
We barely saw anything of SS in its early stages though...

Enough to know it didn't have any SPM references, which btw the game being the way it was didn't stop it from referencing TTYD.

Dunno if you know this, but Sticker Star also has a reference to SPM. Granted it's really small, but still there. I dare you to figure out what it is.

Is it actually a reference or is it just you grasping at straws to try and make a point?

Stanley the Troll said:
Dunno if you know this, but Sticker Star also has a reference to SPM. Granted it's really small, but still there. I dare you to figure out what it is.
tell me

Toad: "Bowser crumpled me up 256 times." something like that.

In SPM:
Dimentio: "In this mind-bending realm, my attacks are 256 times more potent."
Cragnon crew member: "Cragnons heard that story 255 times brah." "Brah, if you count time we weren't tied up, then it 256 times"
Number of Catch Cards in game.

256 is a number. That's like saying any occurrence of the number 64 is a reference to Super Mario 64.

So its just you grasping at straws. I expected as such.

-it was a running gag in SPM
-it was referenced again within the same series
-Super Mario 64 isn't the only 64 game, there's also Mario Kart 64, Star Fox 64, Paper Mario (64), etc

Why else would they throw in that particular number, unless it referenced something?

Its probably just somebody's favourite number at IS.

Seriously, thats barely anything. At least the TTYD reference actually specifically mentions both a character and an implied location.

It's a reference to 8-bit storage limitations and games on Nintendo systems use that naming trend all the time (including part of the system name in their titles).

Well I'm not sure they could reference SPM in a more obvious way because all the characters are from a completely different dimension. It would've been out of place to find a note from Count Bleck in the world of Sticker Star.

I see it as a reference to SPM, it's on the wiki page and why would they reference the other two and not SPM? True SPM was referencing that, but the number was never mentioned in a Mario game until SPM, which had a lot of pixel themes, so that was natural. Sticker Star doesn't have those themes, so it had to be referencing the running gag in SPM as a small nod to it.

Stanley the Troll said:
I see it as a reference to SPM, it's on the wiki page and why would they reference the other two and not SPM? True SPM was referencing that, but the number was never mentioned in a Mario game until SPM, which had a lot of pixel themes, so that was natural. Sticker Star doesn't have those themes, so it had to be referencing the running gag in SPM as a small nod to it.

Please stop grasping at straws, its just getting sad now.

Not when its completely false. Its essentially living in ignorance which is a dumb thing to do.

Mcmadness said:
Not when its completely false. Its essentially living in ignorance which is a dumb thing to do.
I noticed you used the word ignorance. Is that a reference to Ignorance is Bliss?

I hope one day, Nintendo announces that the Paper Mario series is officially dead (or every next Paper Mario game is a Sticker Star variant). Then, Mario & Luigi is next to die.

So, we can finally stop having these kinds of discussions that never ever end. Ever.

Magikrazy said:
I noticed you used the word ignorance. Is that a reference to Ignorance is Bliss?

I almost didn't get the joke at first.

Mario Party X said:
I hope one day, Nintendo announces that the Paper Mario series is officially dead (or every next Paper Mario game is a Sticker Star variant). Then, Mario & Luigi is next to die.

So, we can finally stop having these kinds of discussions that never ever end. Ever.

Fine by me. If M&L ended with Dream Team it would end on a high note.

One rpg at a time, looking forward to this first.

edit: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201501/13069279.html

I spy a Larry

Back