Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition announced for 3DS

Never heard of puzzles and dragons

watched the video, looks like an rpg puzzle hybrid

^Probably because up until now, it's been mostly mobile-only (iOS, Android, Kindle Fire).

not even in the spinoff games can peach be safe
8P7K51r.jpg

i've never paid much attention to this series (has it even come to the west yet?) but if they localise this i might check it out

That looks pretty cool I must say.

I'm intrigued by this game. I never played the original game, but the idea of a puzzle RPG is really good.

Has it been said if it's an e-shop game or a full retail game? The original was apparently free-to-play, but contained in-app purchases. As I've never played the game before, I can't say whether they were unrequired or practically essential.

Judging from the basic look of it, I'm guessing eshop.

Edit: Wait, no I've seen the boxart (very lazy looking) its a full physical release.

I doubt it. Its not exactly a complex game.

Hanayo Koizumi said:
not even in the spinoff games can peach be safe

uh, really?

she's been kidnapped in many spin-offs as well

I'm going to go out on a limb, without watching any of the videos, that this won't reference any of my favorite characters, just like most spinoffs.

Stanley the Troll said:
I'm going to go out on a limb, without watching any of the videos, that this won't reference any of my favorite characters, just like most spinoffs.

duh

you're getting your hopes too high

Baby Luigi said:
duh

you're getting your hopes too high

That.

If anything its probably the most platformer oriented of any spin off to date in terms of visual asthetics.

Ugh. Here we go again, with that same boring, repetitive storyline.

That aside, the gameplay itself looks fine.

Hey, at least the art style is unique. Guys get outlines, like those folks at the cutscenes in Mario Party DS.

Stanley the Troll said:
I know how you feel about Mario vs. Donkey Kong, and yeah, you're right that no Mini Marios will be shown in this game.

I'm so tired of this.

SolarBlaze said:
Ugh. Here we go again, with that same boring, repetitive storyline.

That aside, the gameplay itself looks fine.

Its almost as if this franchise doesn't give a *bleep* about the plot or something.

edit: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=244935&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Look up Puzzles and dragons, that should give you a rough idea what to expect.

Mcmadness said:
edit: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=244935&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

what does "many nintendo characters" mean?

君の頻繁な弱音は味気無いよ

Lumastar said:
Bonus levels based around other franchises?

I think they'll do this, unless there's some sort of plot that benefits from cameos (sort of like in Project X Zone).

Stanley the Troll said:
Ugh, I hate it when Mario games prioritize non-Mario franchises over some Mario subseries.
I hated when Madagascar Kartz put in Shrek over the albino crocodile from the first Madagascar game.

Mario4Ever said:
君の頻繁な弱音は味気無いよ

Lumastar said:
Bonus levels based around other franchises?

I think they'll do this, unless there's some sort of plot that benefits from cameos (sort of like in Project X Zone).

Judging from the look of the game, I doubt there will be much of a plot and any crossovers will just....happen.

Back