Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition announced for 3DS

Stanley the Troll said:
Ugh, I hate it when Mario games prioritize non-Mario franchises over some Mario subseries.
I'll be frank to respond to your "wah".

I'd rather have a Mario Puzzle & Dragons over a new Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi game.

Even if it did turn out to be awful (but Mario Party 9 awful, not Sonic Boom awful)

Stanley the Troll said:
Ugh, I hate it when Mario games prioritize non-Mario franchises over some Mario subseries.

How many times do we have to say that "mario spin-off series X" is not Smash Bros.

Baby Luigi said:
Stanley the Troll said:

How many times do we have to say that "mario spin-off series X" is not Smash Bros.

dont bother, its about as pointless as talking to a wall.

Actually talking to a wall might have more purpose.

yeah i've talked to walls who understand what i'm saying better

Baby Luigi said:
yeah i've talked to walls who understand what i'm saying better
They silently agree, that's why.

If this is successful and grows into its own series I guess you could say its a new rpg styled spin off? Bringing that number up to 3 series.

That would be great if it becomes its own series.

See key word: "its own series" meaning it's its own thing and doesn't need anything to do with the other spin-off games.

You'll get no complaint from me. Its already looking pretty cool.

already looks more interesting than spm and ss

which is strange because im usually not into puzzle games

Zae Eildus said:

probably because it's an rpg as well?

Baby Luigi said:
Zae Eildus said:

probably because it's an rpg as well?

hmm yeah there could be that but rpg puzzle games seems like a really weird out of place category

Its not that off the wall. They existed before.

Hell I've seen puzzle platformer combinations as well. My favourite being henry hatsworth and the puzzling adventure.

i guess i find them odd because i hate puzzle games and love rpgs, so its a pretty weird mixture for me.

Well there is an entire series based around the concept, appropriately named Puzzle Quest.

Zae Eildus said:
Even Sticker Star has more interesting gameplay than this. Looks like you have to do boring puzzles to damage your enemies. SPM is automatically better because it has more than just your average run-of-the-mill Super Mario enemies. (I just watched one of the videos)

This ain't no RPG.

Doesn't make it not an rpg, also pretty sure just about everyone here would gladly take the well known enemies of this franchise over those ugly abominations from SPM.

They're not ugly and they're not abominations. I like new stuff, thank you very much. At least SPM had the Clefts and Spanias, etc from earlier Paper Marios. How exactly are Squigs ugly anyway? I find them kinda cute.

How many times do I have to tell you that new =/= better? They are ugly, and they are abominations. I take great joy in knowing they'll never reappear again.

I meant significantly, not something that specifically exists to reference that game.

If the next Paper Mario game is nothing like Sticker Star and more like the others, it will be chock-full of references to the first three, SPM included. I wouldn't be surprised if we see redesigns of the SPM enemies to fit in with the normal PM art style.

Even when SS was in its early stages it had nothing from SPM in it.

Back