Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

Re: Nintendo Direct Thread

9am on friday, yeah i can watch it probably.

Pi said:
I just want a Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon release date for Europe and Australia.
this :/

also a release date for fire emblem fates

It cracked me up how they said there would be no news about the NX. It felt like they KNEW what fans were obviously going to predict otherwise.

VzDnixi.jpg

https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/664732060976746497

welp sakurai retweeted about the direct

Blue the Raptor said:
And also uhhhhh unrealistic stuff that's never going to happen so no hype ever.
for me that's warioware 3ds, rhythm heaven localisation, animal crossing wii u (that isn't a shitty mp game) etc.

still hyped for smash though

Hoping for Smash DLC (wolf hype), Zelda U news, and some new games.

Prediction List:

Likely:
-Something about Zelda (probably Zelda U, maybe Twilight Princess HD/VC Release, maybe only Triforce Heroes DLC or sth.)
-Pikmin 4
-Some new sort of Smash DLC (probably a character but I'm not 100% sure that it has to be)
-A new Pokémon Game (honestly it's been a while, I think it's time again, given that X and Y will be 3 years ago next year + Pokemon Go releasing could go well with this)
-Something about FE if/SMT x FE

Not Very Likely:
-A new 3D Mario Game (could come instead of pokemon tbh, or neither will come, I don't think we'll get both)
-Some 3rd Party Exlcusive Announcement (I mean it could be, it has been done before on the Wii U, but honestly the console is near dead so I kidna doubt it)

vWsiI44.png

5 HOURS LEFT

CANT CONTAIN THE HYPE

CANT CONTAIN ANYTHING

NO MORE

Keep one's expectations in check I say.

I'm just hoping for a Paper Jam trailer and NA release date.

I just hope that Nintendo talks about more than just Indie games that no one cares about. But I GUARANTEE they won't talk about Zelda Wii U. To be honest, I don't mind the game coming out in 2016, because if it came out in 2015, it would probably be a rushed train wreck. What I do mind is that they aren't talking about it at all. They could at least announce the title or some of the features, but it must be some sort of secret law for video game companies to be trolls. Something I do want is for a new main Pokemon game to be announced, but like I said, Nintendo is a troll. However, as long as they talk about Xenoblade Chronicles X, I'll die happy.

Discord said:
I just hope that Nintendo talks about more than just Indie games that no one cares about.

I don't get your negative attitude towards indies.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Fire Emblem Fates. I hope we get a release date and if the U.S. gets a special edition, then I hope it won't be available right after the direct as I will be at college until like 6 pst and my sodium level will reach max capacity if I miss it.

Also, Junichi Matsuda retweeted the direct and there's going to be a Nintendo Minute with Jwittz, who does a bunch of Pokemon videos. If Pokemon Z isn't confirmed, I will be absolutely shocked.

Gamefreak75 said:
Oh yeah, I forgot about Fire Emblem Fates. I hope we get a release date and if the U.S. gets a special edition, then I hope it won't be available right after the direct as I will be at college until like 6 pst and my sodium level will reach max capacity if I miss it.
I feel like it's going to come out soon. I noticed target as pre-order specials available, which may mean nothing at all, but it's something.

I don't know what to expect.

Most games people are predicting here don't catch my attention, except for Smash DLC, but since the last direct and the general degree of unpredictability Nintendo has some times, I don't expect a lot.

my interests are somewhere else in the moment, so page me if they announce something that can catch my attention mkay

Baby Luigi said:
Discord said:
I just hope that Nintendo talks about more than just Indie games that no one cares about.

It's not so much that I hate them as it is the fact that I think Nintendo spends way too much time in their Directs talking about them instead of games I'm more interested in, although that's just my opinion.

You didn't have to write the "that no one cares about" part then if it's just your opinion. I, for one, am most interested in indie games, moreso than triple AAA titles for the most part. They often have an artstyle and charm that closely matches the cute, cartoony style of a lot Nintendo games. But I usually buy them from Steam, provided that I have a vast knowledge of what or what not to buy, and I don't have that knowledge, and it seems overwhelming to start.

besides, indie developers would seriously kill to have their games advertised via Nintendo Directs, since they lack funds to make sure their game is known

Discord said:
Baby Luigi said:
Discord said:

It's not so much that I hate them as it is the fact that I think Nintendo spends way too much time in their Directs talking about them instead of games I'm more interested in, although that's just my opinion.

then you should have worded that better, plenty of people care about indie games, especially in recent years.

And besides its fine, plenty of big titles still get better info, and ive often found myself to find some indie games more interesting(especially since a lot of indie titles belong to the metroidvania style, which i love).

No need to be hateful about it overall, your frustration is understood, but dont assuming no one cares about them just because you dont.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyanDsW9gMs

live

Zae Eildus said:
Discord said:
Baby Luigi said:
Discord said:

then you should have worded that better, plenty of people care about indie games, especially in recent years.

And besides its fine, plenty of big titles still get better info, and ive often found myself to find some indie games more interesting(especially since a lot of indie titles belong to the metroidvania style, which i love).

No need to be hateful about it overall, your frustration is understood, but dont assuming no one cares about them just because you dont.
Yeah, I guess I worded that wrong.

Back