Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

Re: Nintendo Direct Thread

Eri Ayase said:
yes

i think they want to get all the nintendo shit off so they can focus on the other consoles/whatever else theyre showing, its square enix after all, theyve shown us that they can and will do about anything.

also the fact that theyre going at the same time as nintendo's presentation

im honestly torn between which one i will watch live

they moved the square enix presentation to after the nintendo presentation

oh okay

I hope they can show more new games on the next Direct after E3... just like how they reveal New 3DS back in last years August.

I don't have super high expectations for Nintendo after that E3 conference. I'd give them several more months.

i noticed this thread had new replies and i got excited for a second

Threek said:
i noticed this thread had new replies and i got excited for a second
my thoughts exactly

i wouldn't expect a new direct until august :yoshi:

Guys don't let me hold your spirits down. I am a party horde after all...

But the new user deserves a reply or something.

Sorry to excite everyone, but this is not a post saying a Direct is happening soon.

I just want to know if because of Iwata's death if there will be a delay of sorts for the next Direct, or if they already pre-filmed the direct a bit and Iwata will actually appear one last time in the next direct? I mean, I'm sure they'll recongize Iwata in the next one, but food for thought.

Lapis Lazuli said:
Sorry to excite everyone, but this is not a post saying a Direct is happening soon.

I just want to know if because of Iwata's death if there will be a delay of sorts for the next Direct, or if they already pre-filmed the direct a bit and Iwata will actually appear one last time in the next direct? I mean, I'm sure they'll recongize Iwata in the next one, but food for thought.

I imagine they'll start the next Nintendo Direct with something in tribute to Iwata before any new announcements are made.

They will most likely mention him, but I'm not sure about whether he'd present some parts.

If he does, I'm not sure if it will be live action though. He has appeared in animated form several times before, so it could be that it would be an animated scene again.

Are there even going to be more directs, or are they just going to take on a new moniker and do different things...?

idk the last japan only direct was completely without iwata already so they will probably continue the format

I don't think they retire them but they defiantly won't be one for while due to his death. At least get someone other than Bill Trien to present them.

I don't think they would really delay it, since I think they go by when they have new information ready, which may be August-September territory before Super Mario Maker comes out, but I'm sure that they'll comment something about Iwata, maybe even do a flashback of all the things Iwata has done for Nintendo or all the things he's done in the Directs.

I remember hearing somewhere that there will be future Nintendo Directs. There really does need to be one soon that gives information on the upcoming games and confirms games in America.

chillv said:
I remember hearing somewhere that there will be future Nintendo Directs. There really does need to be one soon that gives information on the upcoming games and confirms games in America.

I swear to god if people keep on bumping this with no confirmation about a Nintendo Direct...

I'm sure we'll get one eventually. It's been 4 months since we last got any information, so I'm sure they're planning something. The thing is though that a lot of the games right now are just coming out, such as Yoshi's Wholly World, Super Mario Maker, LoZ: Triforce Heroes, Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, FE: Fates...a lot of which have already come out in other parts of the world. I mean, yeah, they can give us more information about Tennis and Star Fox, AND of course Zelda U, plus with Paper Jam planning to out in December in Japan (though with the lack of information we've gotten, I'm feel like that is just a placeholder date, and will probably be delayed until spring of 2016), but I think they're just focused right now on getting shit together at the company ever since Iwata passed. I mean, we get a Direct around every 2 months, so if there is one planning for October 14th, then they only skipped August, which would make sense since there wasn't really a president for Nintendo at the time, plus the new President has to settle in a bit and get used to things, so I'm sure they're just adjusting to everything.

Either way, while there is a ton of things they could be talking about, there's been a lot of stuff that has happened at Nintendo that probably threw off a lot of things and they're just collecting themselves before they do one.

Nintendo Directs will return! Confirmed by Nintendo's president, Tatsumi Kimishima that there's going to be a direct next month or maybe at holiday season.

Phew, thats a relief.

Pi said:
Absolutely fantastic! I wonder what the Direct will be about and who is going to host it, though.
Maybe Shibata for EU, Morimoto for JP, Trinen for US. Or Kimishima for worldwide.

about time.

They've got literally nothing except for Zelda for next year so far.

Back