For everything Bowser

I'd like to see Bowser bite off a head of a Yoshi.

Well, I can live with the team up, I'm not crazy on it but I can live with it.

No, the primary things that bugged me were his personality and from a gameplay perspective how underdeveloped he felt.

He never breathed fire, he has the least amount of weapons and equipment of all the characters, all his specials are completely made up and for the most part rather useless.

What I would have done is make sure that no matter what he'd always have the best attack, no getting outdone by Mario and his lazy shell. His specials would be primarily based around his physical strength because his magic attack is pretty shit regardless.

And give him a more equipment to make him more viable to use.

He was OP in Super Paper Mario so that balances things out.

I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear that.

Though that does bring myself to the other issue, his personality. I know he barely had one when smrpg was new but did they really have to go with one where he is constantly crying and whining like a baby whenever something goes wrong? He's supposed to be the main villain of the series for pete's sake.

Mcmadness said:
I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear that.

Though that does bring myself to the other issue, his personality. I know he barely had one when smrpg was new but did they really have to go with one where he is constantly crying and whining like a baby whenever something goes wrong? He's supposed to be the main villain of the series for pete's sake.
He was a wuss in Super Paper Mario too.

Good thing the later RPG'S made him better.

Being disadvantaged like that makes him not a challenge of Mario.

Mario Party X said:
He was a wuss in Super Paper Mario too.

Which is why I hate that version. That and when he sacrifices himself.

Buncha BS that was.

BiS, Dream Team, PM64 and even Partners in time were much better at handling him. Instead of whiny or wussy he'd get pissed and angry and use it to fuel what he was doing.

Taken into a very literal form in BiS with his rage status effect.

Edit: I do wonder what it would take to put down Bowser for good, he's survived quite a few different things.

Mcmadness, didn't you say you liked Superstar Saga? I find that surprising since Bowser got nothing but bad luck in that game, and was always the butt monkey, so to speak. One-shotted by Fawful, stuck in a cannon and crying, losing his memory and submitting to Popple, then getting possessed by Cackletta, and finally, after he finally recovers from all that, his castle blows up. And THEN he is chained to the back of a plane and dropped from the sky onto his other castle. If anything, Bowser had the worst time in that game.

^
I agree with that. That's one reason I wasn't too fond of Superstar Saga. I don't mind Bowser being comic relief but I thought that was going a bit overboard.

well the reason mcmadness probably doesn't have a problem is that he's primarily still in character despite the crying (which the crying is obviously going for a more comedic effect in a game like this)

Wittgenstein said:
Mcmadness, didn't you say you liked Superstar Saga? I find that surprising since Bowser got nothing but bad luck in that game, and was always the butt monkey, so to speak. One-shotted by Fawful, stuck in a cannon and crying, losing his memory and submitting to Popple, then getting possessed by Cackletta, and finally, after he finally recovers from all that, his castle blows up. And THEN he is chained to the back of a plane and dropped from the sky onto his other castle. If anything, Bowser had the worst time in that game.

Well, crying and being one shot by Fawful (which was complete BS) aside, he was largely a victim of circumstances beyond his control, he isn't shown to be stupid or incompetent, he barely gets a chance to do much of anything as he is literally getting catapulted from one unfortunate situation to the next.

Also I've liked games that Bowser has had crappy roles in before, one of my favourite games ever is sunshine and Bowser is TERRIBLE in that game.

Another thing to mention about superstar saga is that even the main villains themselves have amusing and hilarious things happen to them as well. When it comes to taking itself seriously that game probably has the biggest emphasis on comedy and slapstick. Hell I'd argue its the closest any Mario game has come to Super Mario Kun in overall tone.

Considering his track record, him surviving the black hole on his own isn't all that impossible.

Toy Chica said:
Same not even a black hole could do him in, unless he only survived due to the universe being reset.

since when black holes killed any mario character

Wittgenstein said:
Zae Eildus said:
Megamario15 said:
One thing Mario characters can't do: die.

fawful
He didn't suffer any worse fate in BIS than he did in Superstar Saga. After Luigi knocked him out of Bowser's Castle he blew up in that game too.

Yeah but he's gone for good so lol

also smithy died too along other rpg villains but w/e

Back