Max Landis' Super Mario Brothers

Lord Boohemoth said:
Mcmadness said:
Lord Boohemoth said:
Dr. Mario said:
Well, it better be animated and the characters better look like themselves...
Per this, It better not be a *bleep*ing live-action movie. The movie should also be rated PG.

No, it should be rated G.
Well if it was rated G it would be a little to childish, and if it was rated R or NC-17 that means kids couldn't watch it. PG-13 is a meh, I don't want it to be like a superhero movie. So PG is the best rating, since I will expect violence from Bowser.
What does being rated a certain thing mean it's too childish? Mario can get away with the same violence amount as Rio.

G-PG is most appropriate for Mario. Cartoon violence can exist and still be rated G. As for gross humor (think Wario)... I don't know.

To get back at this thread's intended subject, I had positively no idea Darren Calvert's hypperrealistic Mario fan arts were actually concept art for this thing. At least we got a groovy Funky Kong out of this.

QJxngDv.png

hey Walkazo~

Bowser conquers the mushroom kingdom but fails to capture Peach, she meets the Mario bros and they go on a crazy adventure to reclaim the kingdom meeting lots of bizarre characters and situations until they eventually confront the big bad koopa king.

There, I just made a Mario movie.

Two plumbers from Brooklyn try their best to follow their dad's footsteps to become great plumbers. Then they end up in the Mushroom Kingdom where they meet a princess. Then the princess gets captured and they go on their journey to find her, with help from a kick ass princess, a mushroom, a dinosaur who eats things, a professor, and monkeys.

That's my plot

Mycroft Holmes said:
who da heck is max landis

he'd better not be srs

this is my job to write the next mario movie dammit

man you cant write good posts let alone a good movie.

Zae Eildus said:
Mycroft Holmes said:

he'd better not be srs

omg don't be so r00d i'll report u to the local authorities and they'll lock u in a smelly toilet for years :mad:((

Mycroft Holmes said:
Zae Eildus said:
Mycroft Holmes said:

he'd better not be srs

omg don't be so r00d i'll report u to the local authorities and they'll lock u in a smelly toilet for years :mad:((

i r very sowwe dont report me :'(

Zae Eildus said:
Mycroft Holmes said:
Zae Eildus said:
Mycroft Holmes said:

he'd better not be srs

i r very sowwe dont report me :'(

is ok i wont reportz u

but i will

Glowsquid said:
QJxngDv.png

hey Walkazo~
I once read a Fanfic called "How it all fits together" and was so inspired, I tried to do my own full timeline with plot summaries and paragraphs linking them all together, but I never finished it. Doing that one Mushroom World map was a lot more satisfying.

(hmmm, maybe this could turn into the "Industry hacks write shitty Mario movie scripts" thread?)

Someone on TMK discovered vidjo and movie analolsis hack Bob "Moviebob" Chipman has written a pitch for a live-action (!) Mario movie. It's not very good.

oh yiss said:
Two Italian-American brothers, plumbers from Brooklyn, are accidentally transported to a fantasy world of magic and monsters. There, they discover that their "alien" physiology imbues them with superhuman strength, speed and the ability to draw strange magical powers from "common" local plants and food.

I'm confident in the quality of a script that can't be arsed to handwave its own plotholes said:
, and while Mario seems open to the idea Luigi refuses - he just wants to recuperate and set out to find another "Warp Zone" (ancient inter-universe portals that Bowser's forces had been pillaging and destroying to find... something) to go home.

Toad inspiring the commoners to take arms is like Jar-Jar Binks making the galactic senate vote in favour of war said:
Mario and Luigi venture through the Kingdom, encountering enemies and natural-hazards. Though they work as a team, their disagreements over the situation (Mario can barely contain the fact that, yes, he's actually pretty thrilled to be questing like this, Luigi is miserable) continue to simmer. Meanwhile, back at the Castle, Toad and Toadette summon the citizenry inside to fortify and prepare for battle amid word of Bowser's forces massing at their borders.

of fucking course said:
The brothers find and ambush the Koopa caravan carrying the egg, and liberate it after a battle. Amid the fighting, though, both Luigi's rage at Mario's adventure-obsession ("You think your better than me?," basically) and Mario's view of his brother as a "coward" and "small-minded" both finally spill into the open. They nearly come to blows (old wounds, father issues, etc)

Kamek uses the potion derived from the relic on a restrained Peach, which causes the magical "birth" of a "goth"-looking, black-dressed, purple-haired "evil Peach" ("Princess PLUM," maybe?) who shrieks and tears about the lab like an animal - frightening Peach and even Bowser as Kamek tries to force her into the emotion-manipulating machine... which fails to work. The relic didn't copy her gift. Kamek magically blasts the clone into vapor (which he collects in a bottle), and gleefully informs Bowser that they've now no choice but to use the procedure on the real Peach. Peach pleads against this, but Bowser is unmoved (though he's not above angrily reminding Kamek to know his place - and that he's NOT the "puppet master" he fancies himself, even if he did "create" his King.)

wah said:
A deformed, monster-like duplicate of Mario bursts from the cauldron, identifying itself as "Wario."

wow, if i were to come up with ideas for a new mario movie i would try to avoid doing exactly the things that made the first one terrible...

Back