Strategies for the final boss?

Time Turner

You are filled with determination. (R/GD/TT)
Seriously, I've been going at the Master Core over and over and over again. I've tried on the minimum difficulty with a bunch of different characters, and the farthest I ever made was the clone before getting completely thrown out. Are there any simple strategies for beating it?

Kill the hands as quickly as possible as your health carries over from that fight. Beat Master Core like any other boss. He has a pattern of attacks. Start to recognize what's he doing and react accordingly.

Try playing defensively to learn Master Core's attack patterns. If Master Core isn't in his idle animation, try running away, jumping, and air dodging. Also, try equipment, most notably, the vampire equipment, if you have any.

Master Core goes through several phases, although on hardest, it's Human, Alligator/Scorpion thing, Sword, then your character's clone. The clone form is by far the easiest one. Well, actually, before you defeat Master Core, he becomes a sphere that you just pummel until it's destroyed.

I believe you're against the Sword form, correct? Well, again, if the Sword is ready to swing, keep your distance. The Sword often throws purple projectiles that act like boomerang. If the Sword is charging for a long time, then run and avoid the slashing. Finally, if the swords are spread out, stay in the bottom and try shielding/roll dodging if you're unfamiliar with how and when the swords throw stuff at you.

I've beaten Master Core on 9.0 difficulty with no continues. Trust my advice. ;P

What's the lowest difficulty? I'm trying it as well.

I've heard you can use custom characters that have a naturally high attack/speed (Sonic, Bowser, etc). Then, you make a custom character, and equip the critical hit whatever badge and a bunch of brawn badges and beat the shit out of everyone.

Additionally, if you have any way of countering or reflecting the Sword's projectiles or attacks, make use of those moves. That five-hit combo the Sword does I always finish after dodging the first four with Shulk's vision, which really adds up, especially when Monado Buster is activated.

Go with 6.0 difficulty first, that way you see 2/3 of Core's forms so you can get used to him and take him on 9.0 later.

Go for Master Hand only first. He's the only one that needs to be killed to summon Master Core, since Crazy Hand just kind of disappears.

Use a character that can't be launched easily or has a good recovery, so I recommend not going with characters like Little Mac, Meta Knight, or Jigglypuff first time through.

I recommend someone that can spam a certain move. I used dedede and spammed Gordos until he was high enough damage for me to just whack him with the hammer. Ness can spam PK Fire and absorb the sword's ring attacks, Robin can likely spam Arcfire and Thoron, and probably a few more.

Kellam said:
Go for Master Hand only first. He's the only one that needs to be killed to summon Master Core, since Crazy Hand just kind of disappears.
It actually doesn't matter who you go for, you just have to do around 70-80% of damage and then Master Core happens. It's arguable who would be better to go for, but you should definitely try to strike when the hands are overlapping each other because that's double the damage.

This still works for me.

It's the Great Pumpkin said:
If you guys are having troubles on Classic, use a custom-made character of a naturally fast or strong character, equip them with a critical hit brawn badge and some other brawn badges and go apeshit on the CPUs :diddy:

When I beat him with Bowser I just spammed his bair and down special to do tons of damage.

Learn his attack patterns, know what you need to do when he gives a certain single, and good fcking luck killing him

I took too much tries to beat 9.0 intensity Master Core but I finally did it with a Kirby who specializes in attack/defense and has a vampire equipment (which helps a tons).

Also, his last form sucks (the shadow character form), don't sweat it when beating it, it's by far the easiest form.

? Block said:
I took too much tries to beat 9.0 intensity Master Core but I finally did it with a Kirby who specializes in attack/defense and has a vampire equipment (which helps a tons).
I took two tries with Mario, and at the second try, I forgot to equip my Mario with stuff.

How. did. I. win.

I did it with standard Ganondorf on 9.0
His powerful attacks kill the master core pretty fast. You just need to learn how to avoid every attack.

Peri Peri said:
Character + 3 Attack Badges + Spawn Powerful moves = Meh

Btw, the final form copies custom special moves.

Oh, try this with Shulk's Decisive Monado Arts and use Monado Buster. That'll probably kill everything that sword touches.

I've never been able to work out how to use the different Monado arts though.

Bowser+Critical Hits+Hyper Smash+Fast Smash
=
Yyyyeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh......

Peri Peri said:
Oh nooooo what are we going to dooooooooo?

Peri Peri said:

Oh

the AI is still utter *bleep*

All right, I managed to get through by putting power badges on Dedede and hammering my way through everything. Not the most elegant way, but I'm just glad I survived.

Back