Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
While Mario has proven he looks good in a dress, nice to have a good old classic scenario, but switched around.

a768b0215f6c4cd982c7dacf5b0b03a4f7afad79_hq.jpg

How is this Look at it! worthy? This is obviously the greatest official art I've seen!

I can't imagine what Luigi has seen to not only wear Peach's dress, but also to make her wear his clothes.

Isabelle said:
I can't imagine what Luigi has seen to not only wear Peach's dress, but also to make her wear his clothes.
He's pretty open minded about things.

The purple parts of the ball look like Wario's thong stretched over Wario's ass.

BabyBowserYoshi%27sStory.png

I've played this game a few times and I don't remember his proportions or this pose being so whack.

Is this one of those "his sprite was in several pieces and this was an attempt to put it together" or is my memory just wrong?

Neither answer would surprise me.

21616.png

Yes. And the base models for that game's sprites were roughly "Donkey Kong cartoon"-level quality. Which is admittedly about the same quality as the DKC game base models, but at a higher resolution and involving the dreaded sprite distortion (squash n' stretch, rotation, etc) that the SNES needed the Super FX chip for, except occasionally levels of background (like in SMW bosses or Fatty Whale in Kirby Super Star).

Anything is possible in the modding world, but at least Mario feels like a participant, and retro Mario just shows how awkward silent characters look (retro Mario thankfully is just a recolored Mario in the release version).

Mario with Sonic's voice would be kinda normal back in the 90's, but now, considering we know that he had an Italian accent, it's weird.

Also, not gonna lie, but Classic Mario is cute.

Saltman said:
Yoshi from the past is Toad??
But hey, It's just a theory, a GAME theo.......didn't mean to steal Matpat's quote.

this music brought to you by a mouse scurrying in the acoustics room.

Back