Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

I'll show off my favorite NES bootleg graphic sheet.

Mari Street Fighter 3 Turbo's garbage characters, that act as reskins for Guile:

36593.png

Which are in turn based off, among many other things, the "Mario" in another bootleg, Mario Street Fighter III:

34475.png

Both of these are based off Street Fighter II actually, and the latter is actually a ROMhack of a bootleg simply called "Street Fighter II."

Neither of them are as good as Kart Fighter or the NES World Heroes 2, though. The Fortran recolor used on the title screen and icon of Mario Street Fighter III itself would later be re-re-repurposed into another far more famous bootleg of a Flintstones game, which certain normies think was original to said bootleg.

As someone who made a fighter sprite sheet herself, this is utterly atrocious lol.

I am so tempted just to point out everything wrong with the character sheet I'm seeing, but I'll just end up pushing myself against the forum's character limit. Twice.

They should just rip MUGEN sprites like a real bootlegger, much easier to work with.

I have a feeling MUGEN didn't exist when these were made.

Fun fact, on FDS bootleg, there are Street Fighter 2, 3, 4, and 5 in various flavors. All are actually bootlegs of II, along with most other bootleg fighters on the system (of which there are many). The only one that isn't that comes to mind is one of Street Fighter Alpha (though admittedly it likely uses the same engine as the others, in which case it's one anyways).

And to imagine this entire time, I thought Mario was doing a thumbs-up, not climbing a bean stalk.

He's shrugging, not climbing the beanstalk.

1480.jpgcdebb3d1-6a39-43e7-a4ef-aca0c86d68adOriginal.jpg

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

For $75 dollars, you can have a flat-colored Mario Super Sluggers Baby Luigi model (that you can download for free on Model's Resource) with a very shitty tiny hat, soulless eyes, and no eyebrows.

EAT YOUR HEART OUT, RUSSIAN BABY LUIGI

NIjHWYB.png

Why is Nintendo after Youtube and MediaFire and ROM sites, but isn't taking much action on TurboSquid letting users profit and rip off customers from their assets?

You'd think Nintendo would go after not only Era, but the site that hosted the Yoshi model in the first place. This is depressing. ROM sites for dusty old games don't harm anyone, but they can't be arsed to take action against the actual scammers from TurboSquid et al.

WHY CAN'T I SELL MY SKITTLES BABY LUIGIS BUNDLE FOR 100 BUCKS????

Burn it, chew it, swallow it, spit it into the trash, sit on it, send it back to hell, throw it in a black hole and seal it.

So, it's a reverse Baby Bowser from Yoshi's New Island?

Back