Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

That's a normal Bowser sprite from Super Mario World. Nothing special.

The face is just too jagged and big. He also has 3 fingers and one tooth bigger than the other, if you look closely.

The colors aren't appealing at all either. Couldn't they even give him red hair?

That one was more excusable because of NES limitations, and Bowser's design being different.

This one had the definitive Bowser design and lots of SNES colors to use.

no it's the koala power-up from the upcoming super mario iliad

trust me my second cousin twice removed knows a guy that works at nintendo

I Got No iPhone said:
Mario is Missing NES Bowser looks more like Boom Boom.

BowserMiM.png
I think NES Mario Is Missing Bowser is probably the most pathetic Bowser to ever exist.
Like, some like McMadness and I rag on Super Paper Mario Bowser, and very few people like Bowser's portrayal in Sticker Star, but those are Greatest Hits material compared to this:
I can't even call it an insult, it's that insulting.

@Time Turner

ThatGuy62 said:
I think NES Mario Is Missing Bowser is probably the most pathetic Bowser to ever exist.
Like, some like McMadness and I rag on Super Paper Mario Bowser, and very few people like Bowser's portrayal in Sticker Star, but those are Greatest Hits material compared to this:
I can't even call it an insult, it's that insulting.

Catchy music though.

Mr. Saltman said:
That one was more excusable because of NES limitations, and Bowser's design being different.
I think both Bowser and Mario in the NES Super Mario Bros. look ugly.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Mr. Saltman said:
I think both Bowser and Mario in the NES Super Mario Bros. look ugly.

Are you talking about the character designs or the sprites?

If it's the sprites, then well, the quote above you is my answer :koopa: .

At least in Bowser's case, I do think Bowser is very ugly. But I'll talk about Mario.

SMO_8bit_Mario.png
MarioUpTauntBrawl.gif

IMO compared to Mario today, the chest is too big, the hat is too small and doesn't look good on Mario's head, the ears are too far back, don't like the dotted eyes, and the mustache is too big. But hey, I don't think I'm being fair (what do I know about NES) but I'm just not a fan of 8-bit Mario. i.e. I'm picky. I think it may has to do with the combination of the dotted eyes and the relatively small hat as I'm not a fan of the Super Mario Bros. 3 sprite and I don't love Paper Mario's design. But again, I don't dislike the Yoshi's Cookie sprite. But just to me something seems OFF about the 8-bit Mario sprite compared to his model today.

I prefer these sprites even though Mario's head takes up half the space of his body rather than the normal 1/3 of his body the current Mario is.
SMB2_Mario.PNG
Super_Mario_Land_2_Mario.PNG
Mario_MarioClash.png

That’s what they look like in the cartoon.

It’s true that things looked weird in there.

I always questioned why morton was half his actual size in the cartoons

Back