Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

OK, I should have additionally specified "while wearing a walkman and having odd pouted lips."
As for who's to blame....
Yoshi_Luigi_Reading.jpg

Wow.

It looks like it was made by me when I made my first digital artwork.

And here, Mario's quote is what ruins the whole thing (which is otherwise a pretty epic picture, at the very least by the standards of this book. Bowser's stature notwithstanding). There are some things that just don't need to be said. Song title or not. Anyways the song itself sounds more like it's talking about drugs.
Turn_On.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if White Knuckle Scorin' was the single thing to persuade NOA to stop licencing out the franchise to anyone who asked.

J & Siph said:
FOR THE LOVE OF TOAD, WHAT IS "SONG CUE" SUPPOSED TO MEAN

the screenshots are from a comic booklet that came with a music cd called White Knuckle Scorin'. 'song cue' means that its time to listen to whatever song was just name-dropped in the comic (in the above case, 'Turn On')
only one song, Ignorance Is Bliss, was made specifically for the album (it was also used for a newsgrounds animation which i think was fairly popular back in the day). all the other songs i believe are just random licensed songs that have nothing to do with mario

White Knuckle Scorin' was a song album of.....completely random songs (only one of which was actually Mario-themed, that had this little tie-in comic that attempted to make some sort of narration out of it all. "Song Cue" meant play whatever song's title was just said. The whole thing was intended to promote literacy. Somehow. Despite the odd random grammar quirks (like shifting from phonetic spelling to overly-complex words to French words at any given time) in the comic and the fact that more than a few of the songs had poor grammar, not to mention how some of the bands even had misspelled names. And some were not the kinds of bands that should have songs on a childrens' album by any means.

The best song was called "Ouch."
d17dgum-d6ec0b26-2b66-48de-8d91-0ad4b62540cb.jpg

There is no song in the album called "Ouch."

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
lemmy honestly looks incredible here (hes clinging on peach's dress)
by that i mean.. most of his 2d appearances look decent but sometimes in them he just gets really weird
like theres this otherwise incredible image but lemmy just looks. Like That
hgfd.png

Speaking of Ignorance is Bliss and that animation, that's probably the redeeming thing about the album.

You sure that Wario World doesn't take place in Wario's feverish dreams, especially when he's dreaming about his pet hen being some plant-like monster?

Those are from DK Jungle Beat actually.

The GCN/GBA era as a whole just had a lot of extra weirdness. Sunshine, Wario World, Jungle Beat, Superstar Saga....

There was also those bizarre EA sports games featuring Mario characters and a DDR Mario game.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
The GCN/GBA era as a whole just had a lot of extra weirdness. Sunshine, Wario World, Jungle Beat, Superstar Saga....

There was also those bizarre EA sports games featuring Mario characters and a DDR Mario game.

Electronic Arts was awesome during that era. How times change.... :'(

Oh yeah, also in one game alone in that time period, Peach ran around naked in a lab on the moon and got possessed (though admittedly not at the same time). Said game is also a high contender for best in the franchise.

Also a computer mainframe had a crush on her. He also gave her the directions to the invisibility potion, so....

Not to mention the partners including:
-a snarky genius who talks like a stereotypical vapid valley girl,
-a wind spirit who, on looks alone, is probably the Koopalings' mom,
-an infant who was born in a locker room in a floating wrestling ring,
-a borderline-sexual rat.

Honestly, Vivian's one of the most believable characters in the game.

Not like every other partner set a high standard anyway.

I wouldn't even put TTYD in the top ten let alone one of the best in the franchise.

Back