Who do you main in Smash 4?

Re: Who are you going to main in Smash 4?

The Meta Knight Before Christmas said:
I'm starting to question the fact of Meta Knight but I think that Little Mac is the new Meta Knight

Ahahaha no. Little Mac's aerials & recovery prevent him of being anywhere close to Brawl Meta Knight. He may be really good on the ground. But any character that can take advantage of the air has the ability to trounce him

Plus, he's doing shit in tournaments with all the new players picking him and then they side b off the edge

For me the broken characters are Sheik and Zero Suit Samus, but they are not as broken as Meta Knight was in Brawl.

(Primary Main) SSS+ Tier - Mario
(Mains) S Tier - Lucina, Toon Link
(Secondaries) A Tier - Robin, Rosalina & Luma, Zelda, Diddy Kong, Shulk
F Tier - Everyone else
Due to a long period of not playing, I have been forced to relearn all of these characters because I kinda suck with a ton of them. Bold names are completely relearned characters, italic names are those I've almost relearned, and the rest are characters I haven't learned or started relearning at all.

This will be an arduous process.

Primary Main: Mario
Secondary Main: Dr. Mario
Use: Kirby, Link, Lucina, Palutena, Fox, Zero Suit Samus, Falco, Luigi, Diddy Kong, Alph, Mr. Game & Watch, King Dedede, Marth, Dark Pit

The rest, I don't use often, if at all. That includes characters I actively avoid, including Wario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Pac-Man, and virtually every Pokemon. And Zelda, Captain Falcon, Samus. Not that I really hate the latter three, I just don't like the character and the playstyle.

Snowzomi Mistletoujou said:
S-Tier: Lucina
A-Tier: Palutena, Rosalina and Luma
B-Tier: Peach, Robin, Villager
C-Tier: Everyone else
Lucina is a much better character for me. I can get much farther in Classic without badges and she feels much smoother and cleaner to use. Not to mention I've actually been using her more than Palutena, both online and offline (mostly offline), without me noticing.

Lucina is like an amateur's Marth. Once you get better at spacing and approach, Marth is much more powerful. I like like Lucina, though.

Dr. Mario's Drunken Holiday Elixir said:
Lucina is like an amateur's Marth. Once you get better at spacing and approach, Marth is much more powerful. I like like Lucina, though.

Or a Marth that plays aggressively. That's why I ditched Marth for her.

Dr. Mario's Drunken Holiday Elixir said:
Primary Main: Mario
Secondary Main: Dr. Mario
Use: Kirby, Link, Lucina, Palutena, Fox, Zero Suit Samus, Falco, Luigi, Diddy Kong, Alph, Mr. Game & Watch, King Dedede, Marth, Dark Pit

The rest, I don't use often, if at all. That includes characters I actively avoid, including Wario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Pac-Man, and virtually every Pokemon. And Zelda, Captain Falcon, Samus. Not that I really hate the latter three, I just don't like the character and the playstyle.

Funny how you use Dark Pit but not Pit, hahaha.

My mains are:

1) Rosalina (as predicted)
2) Charizard
3) Palutena
4) Yoshi

And I'm waiting for Mewtwo to join that group.

ill laugh if he sucks

Umi Sonoda said:
ill laugh if he sucks

I won't care, it's freaking Mewtwo!! I've been waiting for him to return for too many years. He sucks in Melee and I main him in that game. There's no chance he's worse than in that game. I'll even be fine if he returns as a carbon copy of his Melee self.

4 months of development, I hope it's enough to not make Mewtwo being awful again.

I hate to be brutally honest, Sakurai isn't always the best at balancing.

He thought Samus was the best character at the time of the Invitational. While people like HugS and others knew that she was quite the opposite. Maybe Mewtwo will be decent, but who knows.

Cirdec said:
4 months of development, I hope it's enough to not make Mewtwo being awful again.

i don't think development time has anything to do with characters sucking

(Primary Main) SSS+ Tier - Mario
(Mains) S Tier - Lucina, Toon Link
(Secondaries) A Tier - Peach, Rosalina & Luma, Diddy Kong
(Relearning) B Tier - Shulk, Zelda, Robin
C-F Tier - Everyone else
The rust has dispersed, I just need to relearn a few more of my characters and all will be good again.

In other news, I picked up Peach as a secondary (under Star's suggestion). So far she's been pretty fun to use, she'll be staying.

GBAToad said:
S - Wii Fit Trainer
A - Ness, Duck Hunt, Wario, Villager
B - Pac-Man, Dr. Mario, Robin, Mii Gunner, Lucario
C - Everyone else
new list in SEMI-COLOUR

(Primary Main) - Villager
(Mains) - Ness, Wii Fit Trainer, Wario, Lucario
(Secondaries) - Palutena, Robin, Duck Hunt, Pac-Man, Mii Gunner
(Good with) - Ike, Toon Link, ROB, Mr.G&W, Mii Brawler, Donkey Kong, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Yoshi, Bowser, Luigi, Jigglypuff
(Don't play often) - Lucina, Falco, Rosalina, Mega Man, Shulk, Peach, Greninja, Dark Pit, Bowser Jr, Kirby, Pikmin, Pikachu, Charizard, Captain Falcon, Link, Zelda, Mii Swordfighter
(Don't care) - Marth, Mario, Samus, Sonic, Little Mac, Diddy Kong, Sheik, Pit, ZSS, Meta Knight
(Actively avoid) - King Dedede, Fox

since playing the Wii U version I'm actually using Ness and Villager a lot more than Wii Fit Trainer :<

arranged everyone else accordingly

villager is turning out to be my main

i didn't think i'd like villager this much but here we are

all hail the tree

Nabber said:
all hail the tree
Pfft, get caped.

GBAToad said:
SEMI-COLOUR
Borrowing!

Also I converted it into a table because it looks prettier. :dk:

CategoryCharacters
Primary MainMario
MainsLucina, Toon Link
SecondariesPeach, Diddy Kong, Rosalina & Luma
RelearningShulk
Deep RelearningZelda, Robin
Rarely / Never UseEveryone else
I've gotten a greater regrasp on how to Shulk thanks to a guy on For Glory, but my Zelda and Robin really need deliverance as they both really suck.

Nabber said:
villager is turning out to be my main

i didn't think i'd like villager this much but here we are

all hail the tree

This guy gets it.

Totally didn't just quote this from Icemario and edit it.
CategoryCharacters
Primary MainROB
MainsBowser Jr., Mario
SecondariesBowser, Captain Falcon
Use OftenYoshi, Luigi, Ike
Use SometimesWario, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Ganondorf, Shulk
Use RarelyEveryone Else

Back