• Lucina

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wii Fit Trainer

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

Lumastar

Stay off this text, jerks! He has personal issues.
Let's put our anger to this poll. I am not responsible for any deaths that this poll may cause. Go.

I choose Dark Pit. Reps a franchise that already had enough representation, is almost an exact clone, could have easily been an alternate costume for Pit, and is clearly a by-product of Sakurai's Kid Icarus bias.

Voted for Pichu

yeah let's make a worse version of Pikachu who damages himself whenever he does an electrical attack

from worst to bad but not quite as bad:
1. duck hunt dog
2. ice climbers
3. wii fit trainer
4. jigglypuff
5. dark pit
6. pichu

everyone else is tolerable

Chose Dark Pit. I know I said Dr. Mario was the worst inclusion in my Merits thread. But thanks to us knowing a little more. Dr. Mario is different from regular Mario in that he still has the Mario Tornado for his Down+B and his veteran status even if I dislike the idea of Dr. Mario being a seperate characters gives more merit on an objective standpoint.

Meanwhile with Dark Pit, he's a Melee Clone style of Pit. That doesn't have the history of Dr. Mario (The Doc being around since 1990). And while he is a seperate character, he was in only one game that's only two years old. We can be lenient on things for this like Pokemon because it's a very popular franchise and they need to promote the latest generation. But not for a franchise that's had nearly over two decades between canon games (The NES Kid Icarus, and the 3DS Kid Icarus, the Gameboy one in the 90s is not considered canon I believe)

Northern Verve said:
Chose Dark Pit. I know I said Dr. Mario was the worst inclusion in my Merits thread. But thanks to us knowing a little more. Dr. Mario is different from regular Mario in that he still has the Mario Tornado for his Down+B and his veteran status even if I dislike the idea of Dr. Mario being a seperate characters gives more merit on an objective standpoint.

Meanwhile with Dark Pit, he's a Melee Clone style of Pit. That doesn't have the history of Dr. Mario (The Doc being around since 1990). And while he is a seperate character, he was in only one game that's only two years old. We can be lenient on things for this like Pokemon because it's a very popular franchise and they need to promote the latest generation. But not for a franchise that's had nearly over two decades between canon games (The NES Kid Icarus, and the 3DS Kid Icarus, the Gameboy one in the 90s is not considered canon I believe)
This is why I like reading your posts. You do not only give valid reasons. You explain them in depth and express your usually relatable opinions. I thank you now for all that you have done on this forum.

It's a toss-up between Dr. Mario and Pichu.

Except that Dark Pit doesn't have moves that damages himself and is probably completely outclassed by his original counterpart so he's at a a disadvantage compared to Pichu

kid icarus had two games and at least one of them was bad

otherwise i like the roster, but it's making me like bowser jr and rosalina which i'm not too happy about

Baby Luigi said:
Except that Dark Pit doesn't have moves that damages himself and is probably completely outclassed by his original counterpart so he's at a a disadvantage compared to Pichu

I'm lenient about Pichu is that at least it's a gimmick that makes Pichu different from the others.

It's a bad one, no doubt. But at least it's not a complete copy of Pikachu (Cause you can't spam electric attacks as much with Pichu, you have to be at least slightly strategic if you want to play Pichu seriously) compared to how Dr. Mario is just a sligtly better Mario, and Dark Pit being not that much different from regular Pit.

Hilary Briss said:
kid icarus had two games

actually it had three but no one remembers the game boy one anyway

Lumastar said:
Smasher said:
It's a toss-up between Dr. Mario and Pichu.
Choose the clone that comes from the minor series to influence a large percent of the game (Hint: It's neither of them.)

I dislike Dark Pit's inclusion but I'd take him over those two.

Dark Pit

He is simply a lazy clone from a game released two years ago and plays a secondary role, i just find it to be stupid. Ghirahim, I character I really wanted in Smash Bros didn't get and he has more merit than him.

I still can't get over R.O.B hate, he is a important symbol of nintendo and their past.

Northern Verve said:
It's a bad one, no doubt. But at least it's not a complete copy of Pikachu (Cause you can't spam electric attacks as much with Pichu, you have to be at least slightly strategic if you want to play Pichu seriously) compared to how Dr. Mario is just a sligtly better Mario, and Dark Pit being not that much different from regular Pit.
You don't really use Dr. Mario... do you?

tie between Doctor Mario, Young Link, and Toon Link

also I don't have a problem with DP's inclusion

I don't really have a problem either other than Kid Icarus receiving a third rep

I'm more unhappy on who isn't here than who is instead

Back