Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wii Fit Trainer

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
Ninelevendo said:
Not as many people like Wii Fit as much as Duck Hunt though. :/
I thought Wii Fit Trainer was an acquired taste kind of thing; she grew on a lot of people, and some even say she's attractive.

Some people have actually done some analysis on the differences between Pit and Dark Pit. And it's looking even worse for him.

Cause this is quite literally the only differences between Pit and Dark Pit. While everything else remains pretty much the same.

*Dark Pit has less arrow control but stronger arrows (his arrows are not faster or slower)
*Dark Pit's Side-B does 0.5% more damage and launches at a diagonal angle instead of Pit's directly upward angle
*Final Smashes
*Which side of the bed they woke up on

That's literally it. Everything else is EXACTLY THE SAME down to even the average KO percentage.

Meaning Dark Pit may have even less differences with his counterpart then even the Melee clones.

He also has unique taunts.

On a competing level, Dark Pit will probably be different enough from Pit for players to notice a difference. But on a casual level, they are basically the same thing.

Lucina is even worse because the only differences are the blade sweet spots and taunts.

And let's not forget Toon Link because his only difference from regular Link is that he can go suck my

I should stop talking about toon link

I don't know about anybody else but I don't find myself wanting to play as him because his moves might be different, I want to play as him because he's Dark Pit. Just on the most basic level, I care so little that he is practically no different from Pit mechanically that I just brush it off as not my concern.

I like Dark Pit mainly because:
An dark character of an already existing character that's more angry? Great.
Has Electric attacks when compared to Pit's side special.

If he has altered moves, he adds a completely different play style to the original character.

Although really I think I overlook clones because my main in the 64 game was the original clone.

GalacticPetey said:
He also has unique taunts.

On a competing level, Dark Pit will probably be different enough from Pit for players to notice a difference. But on a casual level, they are basically the same thing.

Lucina is even worse because the only differences are the blade sweet spots and taunts.
Arguably, Lucina is better off if you think about any attack that uses her sword; its property is slightly different.

Why are clones being amplified as clones this generation? I thought Brawl tried to reduce the clone amount, but it seems that a step was taken backward here.

really? as far as i'm concerned, there's like only two real clones (dark pit and lucina) in the biggest roster of the smash bros series

Baby Luigi said:
really? as far as i'm concerned, there's like only two real clones (dark pit and lucina) in the biggest roster of the smash bros series

you forgot dr. mario

also i dont buy that semi-clone bs this time i go by looks not by moveset

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Baby Luigi said:

you forgot dr. mario

By looking at him the does look quite a bit different from Mario though.

Baby Luigi said:
But the clones are more concentrated, if you get what I mean.

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Baby Luigi said:

you forgot dr. mario

If you go by looks, not moveset, then you really don't know what makes up a clone.

Dr. Mario said:
Dr. John H. Watson said:
Baby Luigi said:

you forgot dr. mario

If you go by looks, not moveset, then you really don't know what makes up a clone.

i said this time

im well aware that his moveset differes that doesnt change the fact that he is mario after all

Dr. Mario said:
Baby Luigi said:

but you're also conveniently ignoring the fact that we received a ton of other unique characters with a unique playstyle

i don't really see the complaint of "zomg they made more clones than they did in brawl" or something

Baby Luigi said:
Dr. Mario said:
Baby Luigi said:

but you're also conveniently ignoring the fact that we received a ton of other unique characters with a unique playstyle

i don't really see the complaint of "zomg they made more clones than they did in brawl" or something
I said "concentrated".

Less of them, but the "clonliness" is more pronounced.

Dr. Mario said:
Less of them, but the "clonliness" is more pronounced.

and the inclusion of new unique characters cancels it out

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Baby Luigi said:

you forgot dr. mario

Well crap, then Toon Link is a clone of Link, Luigi is a clone of Mario, ZSS is a clone of Samus, and Jigglypuff is a clone of Kirby.

I didn't realize that just because they look alike means they are a clone.

You can't just change the rules for clones. Dr. Mario is a semi-clone this time around (which I'm thankful for), as a lot of his moves are different.

I bet you that if Paper Mario was playable and had moves based on what he does in the Paper Mario series you wouldn't be saying he is a clone.

Cloneability can still be discussed though, and some peoples personal preferences as to what makes a clone give them a different opinion. For example, I would consider Luigi a bit less than a semi-clone. (Not much, but not too far behind the difference of Fox and Wolf or Kirby and Jigglypuff)

It all really depends on how much or less they play as the two characters and what their factors are of making them a clone.

The set standard is more a guideline, you can bend it whichever way you want, as long as it doesn't stray too far.

Jigglypuff and Wolf aren't even semi-clones. They're unique.

Tell me, what moves do Fox and Wolf share besides special moves? What do Kirby and Jigglypuff have in common besides body shape and multiple jumps?

Jigglypuff is considered a semi-clone of Kirby in smash 64 because they share quite a few very similar moves and animations, but Melee onward they were completely differentiated.

GalacticPetey said:
Jigglypuff and Wolf aren't even semi-clones. They're unique.
I never said I though that they were semi-clones. If anything I implied the opposite.

Jigglypuff does still have the same smashes and some aerials (and obviously the weaker argument of jumps), can't remember my reasoning behind Wolf (vaguely similar specials aren't the only reason), but they most certainly aren't cloned enough to be "semi-clones".

Back