Big Bombs=Bullet Bills

Turbo Bouncers=Thwomps

Mushroom Men=Toads

Silver Man=Metal Mario

Peach's Sister=Daisy

Mario's Dragon=Yoshi

Trumpet Lady=Birdo

Dead Mushroom Men=Super Mushroom

Re: Names you had for Mario characters/enemies before you found out their actual nam

koopas:turtles
goomba:evil mushroom
Bowser: The dragon
Lakitu:Cloud guy

Thats all I can remember really.

Re: Names you had for Mario characters/enemies before you found out their actual nam

I don't really remember a time where I didn't know all of the Mario enemies names lol. I learned then at such a young age. Uhhh, I might have called Torpedo Teds just torpedoes maybe?

i used to call chain chomps barking sharks

used to call Goombas "ducks"

It's usually just the typical adjective + thing or persona

i called flipbugs and mandibugs "cicadas" for awhile, and thought podoboos and blarggs were the same thing.

and swoopers were, and will always remain, "THOSE GODDAMN BATS".

lol I know I had some, but I honestly can't remember. Except, I used to call Lakitu's "That Thing That Fishes You Out Of Mario Kart" Pretty Long and Retarded.

I only knew charging chucks as "insecure rugby players"

I thought Goombas were devils.

I called both Yoshi and Link "green guy".

And I used to say Latiku instead of Lakitu.

Iggy Koopa: Albert E. Koopa (After Albert Einstein)
Daisy: Tracey (Reminds me of Hairspray)
Goomba: Ball of Death (When I was new to the series, I'd always bump into the first goomba.)
Roy Koopa: Bowser's wife (…What? He looked feminine at first…)

I only knew charging chucks as "insecure rugby players"

Clever.

Goomba: Shrooms
Koopa: Squirte
Bowser: Blastoise
Yoshi: Dinosaur
Morton: Fatass. Oh wait, I still call him that.

All the Stus

Strollin' Stus and Stackin' Stus = stompy dudes
Soarin' Stus = slappy dudes
Swipin' Stus = evil flappy dudes
Smolderin' Stus = (NONE! Poor guys...)
Swoopin' Stus = goopy guys (no relation to Shy Guys)

And, while they're not Mario...
Waddle Dees = Oompa Loompas (my brother did it first)

Bomb-ombs, Podobos, and Loodwig, oh my!

Goomba's: dem evil mushroom men

koopa's: schildpad(it's the dutch word for turtle. dont know why i gave this one in particular a dutch name.)

Yoshi: The dragon.

thats all i can remember for now, really

Koopa=yellow turtle
Bowser= Monster
Lakitu= Turtle nerd

I used to call Thwomps "The Blue Thing That Smashes You In Mario Party". Though, I don't believe he smashes you. Must have been thinking of Super Mario 64.

I called the Podoboos Fireballs.

so original amirite

Goombas: Brown things with fangs

Waluigi: Purple Mario Brother (For the longest time I didn't know he existed, just thought since there was Mario and Luigi there must be a Luigi for Wario and he's probably purple/blue)

Bowletta: Bowser With A Bra And Weird Mask (I first got Superstar Saga used, with a final boss file so I didn't get the whole Cackletta thing, and I skipped through the text so I didn't know it was called Bowletta)

Count Bleck: Top Hat Guy (from seeing him on SPM's cover before I got the game)

Bowser: Browser (misread the name on his castle in SMW)

Koopas: turtles

Toad: Mushroom Guy

Lord Crump: Wario in disguise

Wario: Evil Mario

Super Dimentio: Big Clown Mr. L (never tattled him on first playthrough so I didn't know his official name)

Fawful: Annoying Guy (yes I used to find Fawful annoying, didn't really become a fan until BIS, also I always read his name as an adjective for some reason)

I thought Waluigi was Dick Dastardly.

I also used to call Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Jr. because I thought they were the same.

I used to call Charging Chucks "Football Guys".

I didn't even know they were Koopas.

Magikrazy said:
I thought Waluigi was Dick Dastardly.

I also used to call Diddy Kong Donkey Kong Jr. because I thought they were the same.

You are sort of right here because they were going to be the same character.

Back