Names you had for Mario characters/enemies before you knew their actual names

Well, these were weird names

Lemmy=Bally
Roy=Toughy
Mr. L= A seperate Character (I thought he was a seperate character)
Iggy= Smarty
Cataquaks= Duck Tounges
Morton= Big Mouth
Lakithunder= Thunder Lakitu
Mario= Red Guy
Luigi= Green Guy

I was around 6 at that time

Super Smash Yoshi said:
I called Goombas "poops" until I saw the video on one of the discs for Super Mario Galaxy 2, which called them Goombas
Three Words: Laugh Out Loud

We call any enemy we don't know their names of, typically "X people", "X thing" "X guy".

Foo = The cloud people
Scaredy Rat = Mouse people
Cooligan = Penguin / Penguin people
Jellybeam = Jellyfish people / Jellyfish / Jellyfish things
Huckit Crab = Crab people

And so on.

Super Smash Yoshi said:
I called Goombas 'poops' until i saw the super mario galaxy 2 discs which called them goombas
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHHA! NO!, you should've saw what i called other Mario Characters (Lemmy had the wierdest name)

Goombas= Pud Puds (mainly because of their sounds in SM64)
Chain Chomp= Dog
Strollin' Stus= Pootie Pies (lol)
Bob-ombs= Bomb-ombs (I kinda figured out from the name Bob-omb Battlefield)
Bully= Bomb-ombs (they looked similar)
Mr. I =Eyeball
Boo= Ghosts
Thwomps and Whomps= Errrrgh (I just went by their noises)
Bloopers= Squids
Piantas= Umba Dudes
Electrogoombas/Octoombas= Space Goombas
Koopas= Turtles
Bullet Bills= Cannons

It's not a character, but in Mario Kart Wii, my bro and I called drafting "sweating", because the animation used looked like blue water droplets at first glance.

I used to call Goomba "Money Guy" for making you pay and play the Flower Lottery on Peach's Birthday Cake and for being in charge of the coins during Battle Games in Mario Parties 2 and 3.

Cheesy said:
It's not a character, but in Mario Kart Wii, my bro and I called drafting "sweating", because the animation used looked like blue water droplets at first glance.
I called it crying.

I called it "the blue halo fart" or something like that.

Para-Troopa(?): angel turtle
Para-Goomba(?): angel spider.

That was the time when strangely a Goomba was a spider for some reason, I don't remember what game it was but it also allowed to play duck hunt.

Lakituthequick said:
Stargazing said:
I used to call Fire Luigi "oh wow changing your clothes gives you fire I should try that"
I am now seeing images of a person that rips off their clothes to reveal underlying clothes and then proceeding to shoot laserbeams.
Um...

For the longest time I've pronounced Rosalina with a short o. It wasn't until getting Smash 4 that I realize I've been living a lie.

Technically SSB, not Mario, but me, my bro abd some of our friends who we game with call the "real world" section of the Final Destination stages "Beautiful Land" (with SSBM's version being the beautifullest).

I know main characters names except Daisy, I though it would be like Wario and Waluigi: Wapeach

Enemies:

Goomba : Black thing (my friend used to call him "Black Man")
Koopa Troopa: Turtle
Shyguy: Hood
Snifit: Mask
Whomp: cracked wall
Thwomp: blue boulder
Piranha Plant: cruel plant
Mr. Blizzard: iceman (obvious)
Boo: Ghost (also, obvious)
Bob-omb: Bomb (also)
Chain Chomp: Black ball

All of them were from Mario Party 3, because it was the 2nd game I have ever played (after SMB, which I didn't know anything about)

Also I was producing "Luigi" as "loogie"

I remembered another Mario Kart one: we used to call the gold awards kart in MK:DD the "Pimp Mobile"... still do, really - the actual name thoroughly escapes me.

Back