Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

Glaceon said:
Cirdec said:
Still better than winning 10 times as Meta Knight or something like that.
I cannot agree with this enough.
That is pretty miserable. I had to win with Captain Falcon... he's that guy with, like 226 losses and 1 win in Melee... I wish computer records are counted again...

This series is very, very overrated.

he thinks the series gets more credit than it deserves?

I mean it's overhyped to death.

look i'm not the biggest smash fan and even i think it kinda deserves its hype

Baby Luigi said:
If the game was story driven, with all the Nintendo characters interacting, then maybe.

Frollo said:
Baby Luigi said:
If the game was story driven, with all the Nintendo characters interacting, then maybe.

I don't know, Brawl kinda tried that with the Subspace Emissary and that was met with some rather mixed responses. Smash Bros. doesn't necessarily need a story mode, the idea of Smash Bros. sells on it's own. The best of Nintendo (And as of Brawl and Smash 4, some Legendary 3rd Parties that have sold well on Nintendo platforms as well) coming together to fight one another in a fun, cartoonish game.

Northern Verve said:
Frollo said:
Baby Luigi said:

I don't know, Brawl kinda tried that with the Subspace Emissary and that was met with some rather mixed responses. Smash Bros. doesn't necessarily need a story mode, the idea of Smash Bros. sells on it's own. The best of Nintendo (And as of Brawl and Smash 4, some Legendary 3rd Parties that have sold well on Nintendo platforms as well) coming together to fight one another in a fun, cartoonish game.
Say what you like. I just don't like the fan pattern.
(Nintendo reveals some amazing games for a Nintendo Direct)
The Common, Vulgar, Weak, Licentious Crowd: Wow. Nintendo is so unoriginal and gimmicky these days.
(Nintendo says that Paper Mario is in SSB5)
The Common, Vulgar, Weak, Licentious Crowd: WOO HOO! Nintendo, I take back everything I said about you!

Northern Verve said:
Frollo said:
Baby Luigi said:

Speaking of cartoonish, I think Master Core is really out of place in a Smash Bros. game.

Frollo said:
Say what you like. I just don't like the fan pattern.
(Nintendo reveals some amazing games for a Nintendo Direct)
The Common, Vulgar, Weak, Licentious Crowd: Wow. Nintendo is so unoriginal and gimmicky these days.
The Common, Vulgar, Weak, Licentious Crowd: WOO HOO! Nintendo, I take back everything I said about you!

Yeah some Smash fans are pretty pathetic at times

If you try pleasing everyone, you'll end up pleasing no one.

Frollo said:
But the only thing that would get me more excited than Paper Mario in a smash game would be an RPG character in a Mario Kart game or a new Paper Mario game in general (provided its like the first three)

Other than that, Paper Mario in Smash is very hype-worthy.

it shouldnt be too hype-worthy because it just be another clone, regardless of what movesets fans bring up.

Besides its just another mario anyway, need less mario characters in all honesty.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
B-but Mario RPG representation!

if any mario rpg representation needs to be there it needs to be an actual new fresh mario rpg character, not some another version of mario.

Of course it could easily be replaced with doctor mario, who shouldnt even be there to begin with.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:

I want a playable go-kart from Mario Kart for Mario Kart representation since a) Mario Kart is a far more popular series and b) it has a ton of moveset potential. Oh and most importantly, c) it won't be a clone

Zae Eildus said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:

if any mario rpg representation needs to be there it needs to be an actual new fresh mario rpg character, not some another version of mario.

Of course it could easily be replaced with doctor mario, who shouldnt even be there to begin with.
You do know if any RPG character has a chance at that it would be Fawful because popularity + more appearances than most of them right?

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Zae Eildus said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:

You do know if any RPG character has a chance at that it would be Fawful because popularity + more appearances than most of them right?

I'm aware of that.

As much as i hate fawful i do admit his moveset could be interesting. Although if anything i would much prefer vivian or count bleck.

i strongly doubt paper mario would be another mario clone if he got in, even if he is literally paper mario

granted i still don't think he's that good of a character choice

Smasher said:
i strongly doubt paper mario would be another mario clone if he got in, even if he is literally paper mario

granted i still don't think he's that good of a character choice

seeing as how clones are in smash bros i bet that would be the case

but yeah its a pretty poor choice and there should be more suitable new characters

The main theme in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS DRIVES. ME. CRAZY.

Frollo said:
The main theme in Super Smash Bros. for 3DS DRIVES. ME. CRAZY.
Yes yes yes, I'm not the only one in this thread aside from my sister who can't stand the menu music in that game.

Yes, I heard it from the demo and from briefly turning on the music.

Back