• All three Lords of Shadow games.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E.T

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Bubsy 3D

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • All of the games except for Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy 2

• Both Sticker Star, New Super Mario Bros.2, Yoshi's New Island and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

• Both Mega Man 8, Mega Man X6 and 7, and Resident Evil 6

• Both Action 52 and Cheetahmen II

• Hotel Mario

• Zelda's Adventure

• Zelda: Wand of Gamelon

• Link: The Faces of Evil

• Ride to Hell: Retribution

• Microshaft Winblows 98

• Sonic R

• Sonic Free Riders

• Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Just Sonic 06, Sonic R, Sonic Free Riders and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

• Both Castlevania 64, the Lords of Shadow games and Castlevania The Adventure.

• Super Mario 3D Land

• Castlevania: The Adventure

• Contra: Legacy of War

• C: The Contra Adventure

• Haunted Castle

• Shaq Fu

• Plumbers Don't Wear Ties

• Daikatana

• Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis

• Ninjabread Man

• Silver Surfer

• Castlevania II: Simon's Quest

• Air Control

• Shadow the Hedgehog

• Sonic Unleashed

• Charlie's Angel

• Universal Studios Theme Parks Adventure

• Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

• Castlevania Judgement

• Total voters
Re: Paper Mario Sticker Star vs Mega Man 8 and X7 vs Metroid Other M vs Sonic 06

To me Mega Man 8 is a decent game but it is still the first game that sucks in the Mega Man series. I am sort of a Mega Man fanboy. I have played the Saturn version (on an emulator of course since I don't own a Saturn and I don't have the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for the GCN) and beat it. I never played Sticker Star since I don't own a 3DS. Sonic 06 is the most hated Sonic game in existence. I don't own a PS3 or a 360 so I never played Sonic 06.

Re: Paper Mario Sticker Star vs Mega Man 8 and X7 vs Metroid Other M vs Sonic 06

Eh I kinda agree on that 8 is the worst classic series megaman game, it's still great though imo.

Pwwnd123 said:
I think Mega Man 8's anime cutscenes are well animated considering the capabilities of both the PS1 and Sega Saturn.

well, the scene is pre-animated. it's not using the game's engine or the console's full hardware, it's just playing a video. the video quality is only determined by the skill of the artist, the condition of the cd burner, and your tv's resolution.

I guess the trailer for Mega Man X7 was promising but surprisingly the final product turned out to be a steaming pile of dog turds.

Here is the trailer for MMX7.

I guess Mega Man X7 laid the influence for Super Paper Mario, Sonic Generations and some parts of Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2. I think Galaxy 2 had some 2D sections and they look far better than anything Mega Man X7 had way back in 2003. Another thing is that in SPM the flipping between 2D and 3D was manually done as opposed to having it done in the levels in certain spots like Mega Man X7, Sonic Generations and even the two Mario Galaxies in certain areas in some of the levels. Sure SPM, SG and SMG1 and 2 were hell of a lot better than X7.

From what I've heard about X7, the big flaws is that X isn't playable from the start and you have to unlock X in some point in the game. Another problem is with Axl sounding like a girl whereas in X8 he sounded like a real man with a male voice actor. Sure X in X4 was criticized for the same reason as Axl in X7 with a female voice actress as opposed to a male voice actor from X5 onward. I could say Mega Man Legends 1 and 2 were far superior than X7. Then I guess Mega Man Legends got some hate back in some point in time but not to the extent as X7.

Super Mario Sunshine from what I have seen had some bias towards it but at least it didn't got it as much bias to the extent as Sticker Star. Sure it's quite similar to how some people loved Mega Man 8 and how some hated it and how nearly everyone hated Mega Man X7. I could say the same with Sunshine and Sticker Star. Sure, Sunshine is considered to be one of the worst games in the main series and is a mediocre game from what I have heard. Sure at least Sunshine wasn't criticized for what it did to the series unlike X7 which tried to come up with something creative due to the advance of technology with the Sony PlayStation 2 but was seen as something poorly implemented.

Pwwnd123 said:
To me Mega Man 8 is a decent game but it is still the first game that sucks in the Mega Man series.

That's a funny way of spelling Mega Man II for Game Boy.

mega man is part of the mario series now

right?

Baby Luigi said:
mega man is part of the mario series now

right?

Nope, I think you misunderstood what I was saying about each game's flaws. Besides Smash 4 has him in it and Mario's in it too.

Anyways looking at X7's trailer made me think that X7 is better in suckiness than Sticker Star or Big Rigs.

I am going to be adding NSMB2 and Sunshine due to it's mediocre reputation.

I think half of the Mario fans hate Sunshine so yeah I am adding that.

And I did add it and I also added MMX6 as an option.

Pwwnd123 said:
I think half of the Mario fans hate Sunshine so yeah I am adding that.

Sunshine is better than both Galaxy games

Come at me bro

Putting New Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Sunshine, Sticker Star, and even Yoshi's New Island in the same scope as Sonic '06 is just offensive.

Dr. Mario said:
Putting New Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Sunshine, Sticker Star, and even Yoshi's New Island in the same scope as Sonic '06 is just offensive.
I agree, that game is almost unplayable.

ThreeThousand said:
That's a funny way of spelling Mega Man II for Game Boy.
That gamr is far, far worse than 8 could be. 8 and Bass are the only Classic games I haven't played yet and Mega Man II is by far the worst.

Let's just say that by the time you beat the game your ears' funeral will be in progress.

DaKid said:
Dr. Mario said:
I agree, that game is almost unplayable.
Funny, I played Sonic 06 on the PS3 before I found out how hated it was online, and I actually enjoyed it a little. Of course I had played very few Sonic games up until that point, so maybe it was because I didn't have much to compare it to.

You had video games to compare it to.

Just compare it to a 3D Mario platformer.

Well of course I didn't find it as fun as say, Mario Galaxy. But I assumed that was just my Mario bias at work.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
Well of course I didn't find [Sonic '06] as fun as say, Mario Galaxy.

Understatement of the week :/

Well of course I didn't find it as fun as say, Mario Galaxy. But I assumed that was just my Mario bias at work.
You can say that Super Mario Galaxy is less buggy, the story is less stupid, there isn't a bestiality-suggesting kissing scene, there isn't an ugly redesign of Bowser, no "it's not use", better level design.

Sonic '06 is arguably a bad game.

Well I didn't get very far in it so I never saw most of the bad things you mentioned.

Well I didn't get very far in it so I never saw most of the bad things you mentioned.

There's your problem with the opinion of the game!

I'm not trying to say it's a great game, I'm just saying it wasn't a chore for me to play it.

Oh hey, this thread again.

I rented Sonic '06 once. Worst mistake of my life.

Rosalina and Luma said:

Wrong.

The worst mistake of your life would be actually buying the thing.

Dr. Mario said:
Rosalina and Luma said:

Wrong.

The worst mistake of your life would be actually buying the thing.
Yeah, but since I rented it, it's still the worst mistake.

I can't make a mistake if I don't do it.

I think Galaxy 2 is overall the better implemented game in the Galaxy duology. I like how SMG2 doesn't take you back to the title screen after a game over. That pissed me off in Galaxy 1. I know that the AVGN hates it when games do that. I mean he complained on how Castlevania Symphony of The Night took him back to the title screen after getting a game over. I believe the navigation in Galaxy 2 is easily accessible and the World map makes navigation more streamlined and unified. It also quick and fast. It also makes Galaxy 2 fast progressive from level to level. I believe the World map system is sorta reminiscent of games like Rockman and Forte (Mega Man and Bass) on how you have either one or two or three levels at the beginning and you get access to two or three other levels at a time. Aside from having similar gameplay to it's predecessor, I believe Galaxy 2 has it's own unique gimmicks that are found some of the levels to make it more innovative, interesting and creative. Sure lot's of other franchises that have sequels have unique gimmicks in every sequel that make them special in every way. I can tell you that a sequel is worth the money and is not a soulless cashgrab if it includes gimmicks that make it unique and can differentiate it from it's predecessor. If it doesn't, then it is not worth it and is definitely a soulless cash grab. Sure Mega Man X6 was criticized for not being creative and was also considered a soulless cash grab.

But I think Super Mario Galaxy 2 IS a soulless cashgrab. All the "improvements" Galaxy 2 has to offer is nilch. Sure, it doesn't take you back to the title screen, I guess, but honestly, Mario should've just ditched the life system at this century. Yeesh. Even then, it's negligible, as the game gives you generous amounts of lives anyway.

Not everyone finds HUB in Galaxy 2 very appealing, especially if people are accustomed to big HUBs such as Peach's Castle, Delfino Square, and Comet Observatory, although others like it because it's much easier to navigate. It boils down to personal preference, but it's not really considered an improvement if the reaction is really mixed like this.

Back