• All three Lords of Shadow games.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • E.T

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Bubsy 3D

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • All of the games except for Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy 2

• Both Sticker Star, New Super Mario Bros.2, Yoshi's New Island and Super Mario Galaxy 2.

• Both Mega Man 8, Mega Man X6 and 7, and Resident Evil 6

• Both Action 52 and Cheetahmen II

• Hotel Mario

• Zelda's Adventure

• Zelda: Wand of Gamelon

• Link: The Faces of Evil

• Ride to Hell: Retribution

• Microshaft Winblows 98

• Sonic R

• Sonic Free Riders

• Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Just Sonic 06, Sonic R, Sonic Free Riders and Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

• Both Castlevania 64, the Lords of Shadow games and Castlevania The Adventure.

• Super Mario 3D Land

• Castlevania: The Adventure

• Contra: Legacy of War

• C: The Contra Adventure

• Haunted Castle

• Shaq Fu

• Plumbers Don't Wear Ties

• Daikatana

• Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis

• Ninjabread Man

• Silver Surfer

• Castlevania II: Simon's Quest

• Air Control

• Shadow the Hedgehog

• Sonic Unleashed

• Charlie's Angel

• Universal Studios Theme Parks Adventure

• Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

• Castlevania Judgement

• Total voters
Re: Paper Mario Sticker Star vs Mega Man 8 and X7 vs Metroid Other M vs Sonic 06

Super Mario Sunshine does not deserve to be up there with those other games. It's a great game and introduced freaking BOWSER JR.!

Re: Paper Mario Sticker Star vs Mega Man 8 and X7 vs Metroid Other M vs Sonic 06

Saying that Sticker Star is as bad as Big Rigs is going way too far.

Pwwnd123 said:
I think Galaxy 2 is overall the better implemented game in the Galaxy duology. I like how SMG2 doesn't take you back to the title screen after a game over. That pissed me off in Galaxy 1. I know that the AVGN hates it when games do that. I mean he complained on how Castlevania Symphony of The Night took him back to the title screen after getting a game over. I believe the navigation in Galaxy 2 is easily accessible and the World map makes navigation more streamlined and unified. It also quick and fast. It also makes Galaxy 2 fast progressive from level to level. I believe the World map system is sorta reminiscent of games like Rockman and Forte (Mega Man and Bass) on how you have either one or two or three levels at the beginning and you get access to two or three other levels at a time. Aside from having similar gameplay to it's predecessor, I believe Galaxy 2 has it's own unique gimmicks that are found some of the levels to make it more innovative, interesting and creative. Sure lot's of other franchises that have sequels have unique gimmicks in every sequel that make them special in every way. I can tell you that a sequel is worth the money and is not a soulless cashgrab if it includes gimmicks that make it unique and can differentiate it from it's predecessor. If it doesn't, then it is not worth it and is definitely a soulless cash grab. Sure Mega Man X6 was criticized for not being creative and was also considered a soulless cash grab.
The only two things in Galaxy 2 that was better was the Yoshis and Throwback Galaxy. Everything else was subpar. Also the hub in Galaxy 2 did suck.

Cynthia said:
Super Mario Sunshine does not deserve to be up there with those other games. It's a great game
I haven't even played SMS, but I know this.

King Harkinian said:

no

Maki Nishikino said:
Dr. John H. Watson said:
King Harkinian said:

no
I think you underestimate how bad Big Rigs is.

I think you underestimate how much I hate Sticker Star.

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Maki Nishikino said:
Dr. John H. Watson said:
King Harkinian said:

no
I think you underestimate how bad Big Rigs is.

I think you underestimate how much I hate Sticker Star.
Oh wait, you're the same person who said doc was a clone because you didn't want to believe in 'semi-clone bs'.

Carry on.

For Galaxy 2, it is kinda sucky. I played it way before Galaxy and most of my games, but I won't really defend it.

Can't explain right now since iPod keys are tiny. When I go home to my iPad, I will.

Maki Nishikino said:
Oh wait, you're the same person who said doc was a clone because you didn't want to believe in 'semi-clone bs'.

Carry on.

Yes and I'm also the same person who "was being a pest" about Zelda (Wii U)'s graphic style.

So yeah I think the spiteful hate I have towards Sticker Star about evens out the unfunctionality of Big Rigs.

Dr. John H. Watson said:
Maki Nishikino said:

Carry on.

Yes and I'm also the same person who "was being a pest" about Zelda (Wii U)'s graphic style.

So yeah I think the spiteful hate I have towards Sticker Star about evens out the unfunctionality of Big Rigs.
I suppose you could argue that Big Rigs was more enjoyable, because of how fun it was to manipulate the glitches.

Just because you hate Sticker Star doesn't make it an objectively bad game.

Any games loaded with bugs, graphical glitches, FPS drops, etc makes it an objectively bad game

Cynthia said:
Super Mario Sunshine does not deserve to be up there with those other games. It's a great game and introduced freaking BOWSER JR.!
I think we're forgetting the most important character it introduced.
PeteySMS.png

Yeah, F.L.U.D.D.

What's not to like about an object that ruined Mario's Brawl moveset?

Super Mario Sunshine certainly isn't the be-all and end-all, but it's not bad enough to be on that list.

Sticker Star was solid. Good? Not really, but solid.

NSMB2 & YNI are literally the most uninspired... THINGS I have ever seen. That being said, at least the games they were based off weren't bad.

Galaxy 2 was simply the last real good 3D Mario platformer and I don't think it is a soulless cash grab like let's say NSMB2 or hell yeah even Mega Man X6 for Sony's "PlayStation 1" and Windows. Honestly, Mega Man X6 from what I heard was just a soulless cash grab because it was just X5 with different levels and an annoying as hell difficulty which can be kinda harder than let's say Sunshine and another thing is that during the development of X5, Keiji Inafune was hoping to make X5 the last game in the X series but Capcom decided the X series should continue which is why Capcom decided to shell out the soulless cash grab that X6 is and continue it with the horrible abomination X7 and ending it with the kickass MMX8 which a huge improvement and a better game than both X6 and X7. NSMB2 is kinda viewed in the same way as Mega Man X6. Both X6 and NSMB2 were cash grabs. Heck, even Electronic Arts is criticized with Madden, FIFA, and the Tiger Woods games.

Pwwnd123 said:
Galaxy 2 was simply the last real good 3D Mario platformer

That's a funny way to spell "Super Mario 3D World"

In fact, I think Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the first real bad 3D Mario platformer

Pwwnd123 said:
Galaxy 2 was simply the last real good 3D Mario platformer and I don't think it is a soulless cash grab like let's say NSMB2 or hell yeah even Mega Man X6 for Sony's "PlayStation 1" and Windows. Honestly, Mega Man X6 from what I heard was just a soulless cash grab because it was just X5 with different levels and an annoying as hell difficulty which can be kinda harder than let's say Sunshine and another thing is that during the development of X5, Keiji Inafune was hoping to make X5 the last game in the X series but Capcom decided the X series should continue which is why Capcom decided to shell out the soulless cash grab that X6 is and continue it with the horrible abomination X7 and ending it with the kickass MMX8 which a huge improvement and a better game than both X6 and X7. NSMB2 is kinda viewed in the same way as Mega Man X6. Both X6 and NSMB2 were cash grabs. Heck, even Electronic Arts is criticized with Madden, FIFA, and the Tiger Woods games.

Have you played 3D World? That game is great.

The last good 3D Mario platformer? Super Mario 3D World would like to have a word with you.

I played Galaxy 2 before Galaxy, and even I don't like it. It didn't really improve on Galaxy at all, the only good improvement was Yoshi, the final boss sucked compared to Galaxy 1, they barely implemented Rosalina (the character of the series) those souless bitches, Starship Mario sucks, and it has no originality what-so-ever.

There, my opinion. Go home everyone.

Rosalina and Luma said:
The last good 3D Mario platformer? Super Mario 3D World would like to have a word with you.

I played Galaxy 2 before Galaxy, and even I don't like it. It didn't really improve on Galaxy at all, the only good improvement was Yoshi, the final boss sucked compared to Galaxy 1, they barely implemented Rosalina (the character of the series) those souless bitches, Starship Mario sucks, and it has no originality what-so-ever.

Baby Luigi said:
Pwwnd123 said:

So both Baby Luigi and Stargazing, you two both seem to view SMG2 in the same way as games like Mega Man X6 and NSMB.2 right?

3D World is a huge step up from 3D Land, but the fact that it has the same core gameplay system brings it down below the 3D Mario games that came before 3D Land. I simply think finding multiple stars in each level, exploring different regions of the level each time, more fun than having one goal and no real branching paths. Say what you will about Galaxy 1-2 but at least each mission took you to different parts of the level so each one felt unique. The "3D" series doesn't have that so the levels don't feel as fun. At least to me.

Pwwnd123 said:
So both Baby Luigi and Stargazing, you two both seem to view SMG2 in the same way as games like Mega Man X6 and NSMB.2 right?

No I view Super Mario Galaxy 2 the way I view Super Mario Galaxy 2. It's not rocket science.

(How many times to I have to ----ing tell you that I never played a single Mega Man game ever)

3k plz dun kill meh

Pwwnd123 said:
Rosalina and Luma said:

Baby Luigi said:
Pwwnd123 said:

What's Mega Man X6? And NSMB2 is alright, it's better than Galaxy 2, that's for sure.

They both suck though, and it's a mere coincedence that they both have a 2 in their title!

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
3D World is a huge step up from 3D Land, but the fact that it has the same core gameplay system brings it down below the 3D Mario games that came before 3D Land. I simply think finding multiple stars in each level, exploring different regions of the level each time, more fun than having one goal and no real branching paths. Say what you will about Galaxy 1-2 but at least each mission took you to different parts of the level so each one felt unique. The "3D" series doesn't have that so the levels don't feel as fun. At least to me.
Hey at least you bring up a good point. I still don't know if I prefer "free to roam" or the more linear series.

From what I've played of 3D World, it's a pretty great game. I played Galaxy 2 before galaxy, but I wouldn't call it any worse than the original. They're both pretty equal, Except that Galaxy 2 has more stars.

NSMB2 is far worse than Galaxy 2, at least Galaxy 2 wasn't afraid to admit that it was a copy of the game it's based off.

I believe Super Mario 3D Land is a overall mediocre-ly decent game and is not as good as it's predecessors and is a big disappointment when compared to the Galaxy duology, Sunshine and 64.

3D Land was basically just the SM64 formula blended with the gameplay of the retro 2D Mario games and NSMB together. Now saying that really reminds of what Mega Man X7 really is.

MMX7 is really basically the gameplay of the past Mega Man X games mixed in with the 3D gameplay of the Mega Man Legends games except that MML1 (MM64) and MML2 were far better than X7. I guess if it weren't for X7 then we wouldn't have Sonic Generations or Super Paper Mario, right?

Back