Mario Golf Toadstool Tour vs Wii Sports Golf

Dark Pit said:
Pwwnd12 is back.

And he bumped a topic.

gee thanks for pointing out the obvious

This topic has got nilch to do with Captain Obvious.

Pwwnd123 said:
This topic has got nilch to do with Captain Obvious.

Uh actually it does

Who the ---- would think Wii sport golf would better game than a game whose entire friggin focus is golf

POP said:
Why does this thread even still exist?

Because TC wants to

So does anybody think Nintendo should have given Toadstool Tour the same treatment as with Power Tennis by releasing a New Play Control version. It could've have made Toadstool Tour have more success and give it a sales increase. It could easily be a Mario Golf game playable in some form on the Wii.

Power Tennis was far better on the GameCube than on the Wii with the NPC version. Sure it wasn't a Wii Mario Tennis game but they made it after success of the inferior Wii Sports Tennis. The only problem is that it ruins Power Tennis.

Pwwnd123 said:
So does anybody think Nintendo should have given Toadstool Tour the same treatment as with Power Tennis by releasing a New Play Control version. It could've have made Toadstool Tour have more success and give it a sales increase. It could easily be a Mario Golf game playable in some form on the Wii.
Not really.

I think the New Play Control series was mostly for GameCube games that didn't sell well (e.g., Jungle Beat, Power Tennis, Pikmin 2). They wanted to re-release them as Wii games because not many people owned those games. Toadstool Tour for the most part did fair during its lifespan (better than Power Tennis, at least). I would have rather they made a new Mario Golf.

Magikrazy said:
Pwwnd123 said:
Not really.

I think the New Play Control series was mostly for GameCube games that didn't sell well (e.g., Jungle Beat, Power Tennis, Pikmin 2). They wanted to re-release them as Wii games because not many people owned those games. Toadstool Tour for the most part did fair during its lifespan (better than Power Tennis, at least). I would have rather they made a new Mario Golf.
But I checked my Power Tennis boxart; there was a gold "best seller" thingy on it. Doesn't that count for something?

Dr. Mario said:
But I checked my Power Tennis boxart; there was a gold "best seller" thingy on it. Doesn't that count for something?

Same here with me.

Power Tennis was a best-seller on the Wii, maybe that's why.

I know it didn't hit the million mark on the gcn.

Magikrazy said:
Power Tennis was a best-seller on the Wii, maybe that's why.

I know it didn't hit the million mark on the gcn.

We got Power Tennis before the Wii was even, like, conceived

It depends if you own a Wii or a GameCube,if you are buying a console just so you can get one game isn't worth it . I haven't played Toadstool Tour but it looks AMAZiNG tons of characters including Shadow Mario. I have wii sports and the golf is okay but your better off with mario.

EDUT: Once again, kid me actually makes a decent point. Guess I underestimated you.

Last edited:
ElectricWaluigi said:
It depends if you own a Wii or a GameCube,if you are buying a console just so you can get one game isn't worth it . I haven't played Toadstool Tour but it looks AMAZiNG tons of characters including Shadow Mario. I have wii sports and the golf is okay but your better off with mario.

At least the Mario characters aren't soulless mutes.

Back