Mario Golf Toadstool Tour vs Wii Sports Golf

Or there just wasn't going to be a Wii Mario Golf in the first place.

Sure We Love Golf! is a nice alternative to Mario Golf but it still doesn't feel the same as Mario Golf. I must say Nintendo didn't had the idea for one and couldn't think of concrete ideas for a Wii Mario Golf since Wii Sports and WSR used it up.

But Wii Sports had baseball and there was another Mario baseball.

They could have made another Mario Golf if they wanted to, regardless of Wii Sports. They just chose not to.

I guess Nintendo wanted have Mario Golf retire until the 3DS where having a Mario Golf became necessary.

Pwwnd123 said:
I mean why couldn't Nintendo and Camelot develop a Mario Golf: Motion Tour during the Wii's life. It's too late. I mean Nintendo were lazy. I guess Nintendo thought that both Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort was enough and a Mario Golf game on the Wii was deemed unnecessary right from a business standpoint. I mean Wii Sports was the killer of Mario Golf for the Wii. It killed Mario Golf for consoles and we would never see a console Mario Golf game after Toadstool Tour. I mean the 3DS was the only excuse to have Mario Golf revived from it's ashes.
Didn't stop Power Tennis returning or baseball or Goomba Bowling in Mario Party 9.

Ninelevendo said:
Pwwnd123 said:
I mean why couldn't Nintendo and Camelot develop a Mario Golf: Motion Tour during the Wii's life. It's too late. I mean Nintendo were lazy. I guess Nintendo thought that both Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort was enough and a Mario Golf game on the Wii was deemed unnecessary right from a business standpoint. I mean Wii Sports was the killer of Mario Golf for the Wii. It killed Mario Golf for consoles and we would never see a console Mario Golf game after Toadstool Tour. I mean the 3DS was the only excuse to have Mario Golf revived from it's ashes.
Didn't stop Power Tennis returning or baseball or Goomba Bowling in Mario Party 9.
Also, no Mario Golf DS.

Lumastar said:
Ninelevendo said:
Pwwnd123 said:
Also, no Mario Golf DS.
Or the Original Game Boy.

Ninelevendo said:
Pwwnd123 said:
Or Punch-Out!! (Wii Sports had boxing)

Pwwnd123 said:

Stop right there. Nintendo doesn't develop Mario Golf or Mario Tennis games. Camelot does. Camelot wasn't doing much until that 3DS Golden Sun game. And Camelot was quite busy making that 3DS Golden Sun game.

Lumastar said:
I just discovered that Camelot released a game called We Love Golf! for the Wii in 2007.

Why isn't that a Mario Golf game Camelot??? WHYYYYY??

Baby Man said:
Lumastar said:
I just discovered that Camelot released a game called We Love Golf! for the Wii in 2007.

Why isn't that a Mario Golf game Camelot??? WHYYYYY??
Cause it was made by Capcom as well. Don't know why they teamed up with them though.

IGN gave the game 7.4/10. IGN explained that We Love Golf! has easy to learn controls, but that the cast of characters for the game were forgettable. Mario Golf actually could of fixed this.

Before the game released, editors and journalists complained about the difficulty of the putting system. Upon its release in North America, the putting had seen a drastic overhaul to make it much easier. It has been a double-edged sword that most reviews so far have complained that the putting is now too easy, since Camelot took the negative feedback on putting difficulty so critically. Well, that explains a lot about Camelot though. Likely why we got the Castle Club in World Tour.

Well today I did got Mario Golf Toadstool Tour and MPT but my Mom said this is the last game purchase for me alongside Agents under Fire for the PS2 and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3.

I mean MGTT sold poorly and Wii Sports did better because it was a pack in with every Wii until 2010. I mean why did MGTT sell poorly? It is one of the hard to find golfing games. I bought MGTT 2 days back at this used game store called GameSwap and it was scratched up real badly. I had to exchange it with Super Mario Strikers.

It didn't sell too bad, considering the GameCube finished dead last (not counting Dreamcast) in the 6th console war.

Wikipedia says it sold 1.22 million copies. That's more than Strikers, Pikmin, and Kirby Air Ride among others.

I mean I really want to play MGTT but I the disc was so scratched up that I couldn't even play it so I had to return it to GameSwap. I would've definitely love to play Toadstool Tour. But now I am only stuck with Wii Sports golf and Wii Sports Resort's golf. Which one is better? The 2 Wii Sports or Toadstool Tour. I mean Wii Sports Resort is ok but it still isn't as fun as MGTT.

There's your answer than. Don't bother comparing a 9-Hole 1 Character uninventive motion control game to a creative, button control, 108 Holes and 18 character game.

Now what is the main difference between Mario Golf Toadstool Tour and Wii Sports's audience demographic?

Wii Sports Golf is built for those smiling, bright, happy "Let's play Mario Party with Grandma!" people in the commercials who like simple games where they just have to do a few things.

TT is built for the people who want complication in their games. Those people who like the idea of a golf game with added twists. Those people who don't like using the robotic, soulless things known as Miis.

Plain Ol Giga12 said:
Wii Sports Golf is built for those smiling, bright, happy "Let's play Mario Party with Grandma!" people in the commercials who like simple games where they just have to do a few things.

TT is built for the people who want complication in their games. Those people who like the idea of a golf game with added twists. Those people who don't like using the robotic, soulless things known as Miis.
Which is why World Tour is half bad and half good.

I guess Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort technically replaced Mario Golf on the Wii until Camelot revived Mario Golf on the 3DS after Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort were out years before World Tour. I hope there will be a Wii U Mario Golf regardless of Wii Sports Club. Can't both Mario Golf and Wii Sports co-exist together.

I guess since Wii Sports became a top seller because it was included with every Wii up until 2010 and Toadstool Tour wasn't because it was released as a stand alone title in 2003 and went on to become a Players Choice title. Toadstool Tour had sales of a average golf game like it's predecessors and like the Tiger Woods PGA Tour games. Wii Sports technically beat Toadstool Tour, Mario Golf 64 and any Tiger Woods game.

It still pisses me off when the technically superior Mario Golf Toadstool Tour could have been ported as part of the New Play Control line like how it happened with it's Tennis counterpart Mario Power Tennis regardless of Wii Sports and Wii Sports Resort but Camelot and Nintendo were lazy to do it. Why do it for Power Tennis and not for Toadstool Tour. Toadstool Tour could have sold more with the NPC version. I guess it was the PlayStation 2's fault in why the GameCube sold poorly and why Toadstool Tour didn't sell all that well.

I know that the PlayStation 1 outsold the N64 in most other parts of the world. The N64 did quite well up against the PS1 but not as well as the PlayStation 1 did since the PS1 continued to be sold up until 2006 and the N64 was discontinued in 2002 or 2003;and Sega Saturn which had piss poor sales in North America in the 5th generation console war and yet Mario Golf on the N64 had 1 million or something copies sold and the same went with Toadstool Tour.

Back