Have we all had enough of "Happy" by Pharell Williams?

Are you tired of "Happy" by Pharell?

• Total voters

Occasionally Returns

Fluffy boi(or possibly gurl?)
I used to like this song, but it got played so much on the radio and in public places that it got annoying. What do you all think?

yeah it was in despicable me 2, which allowed it to be nominated for an oscar even though it has nothing to do with the movie

i don't like these kinds of topics but happy is an exception. the song is terrible, annoying, and the lyrics sucks. "Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof" like what does that even mean

No-Face said:
yeah it was in despicable me 2, which allowed it to be nominated for an oscar even though it has nothing to do with the movie

i don't like these kinds of topics but happy is an exception. the song is terrible, annoying, and the lyrics sucks. "Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof" like what does that even mean
A room without a roof would suck if it was raining. Dumb lyrics. It's basically "If You're Happy and You Know It" made into a pop song.

i usually really like pharrell but this song was just bleh
he was really good during the neptunes & n.e.r.d era, i know theyre still active but their og shit was amazing

Dany Lannister said:
i've never even heard of it before lol

This

and I probably won't continue caring

Thinking that 'Happy' by Pharell Williams being overplayed is so 3 months ago, get with the times

Also,
No-Face said:
and the lyrics sucks. "Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof" like what does that even mean

limitless, no restrictions, free

heard it being played in the background of a world cup match between mexico and brazil and that seemed...weird

Dany Lannister said:
i've never even heard of it before lol
And hearing dozens of pop songs, I don't want to single one out.

Blissey said:
BVB Guy said:
For cereal

do people still say this?

i haven't heard that since, like, 2006.
I got that from a Mushroom Kingdom Fusion Let's-play that hasn't been release too long ago.
Aiko Heiwa said:
I have no idea what the fuck song you're even talking about.
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof." If you haven't heard that, then you're probably living under a rock.

BVB Guy said:
Morty said:
Thinking that 'Happy' by Pharell Williams being overplayed is so 3 months ago, get with the times
I know that, but it still plays a bunch. For cereal, I heard it at the mall TWICE just a few days ago. I also usually hear it when I'm at a grocery store. That song is just so old, I mean really.

well idk what to tell you other than welcome to the 20th and 21st century where songs at the top of the charts are played more often, sorry 'bout it, wait another month or two and there'll be another song you'll be moaning about

BVB Guy said:
Never, EVER mention OG shit here. Them ogs are not gangsters, they need to pull up their pants and meet the original Al Capone, and stop listening to that shit like Nicki Minaj, Lil' Wayne, Yo Gotti, Birdman, Ace Hood, Kanye West, and that other garbage that plays these days.

Is this a real comment or is this just the common catchphrase of teenagers because man this was the same shit I heard back when I was in middle school too. Aside from the incorrect and potentially racist comment, depending on your intended tone which I'm not sure of, Al Capone was not the first gangster, not the only gangster, and will not ever be the only gangster. Gangs do exist and their culture evolves along with everyone else. As for dismissing those artists as shit, while my opinion of a few of them are...quite low...a bunch of them are respectable within their genre and amongst music artists as a whole. Give 'em a shot and understand their perspective. If it's not your style, then it's not your style. You can dislike things without them being deemed complete shit, it's called living within a diverse society.

BVB Guy said:
Never, EVER mention OG shit here. Them ogs are not gangsters, they need to pull up their pants and meet the original Al Capone, and stop listening to that shit like Nicki Minaj, Lil' Wayne, Yo Gotti, Birdman, Ace Hood, Kanye West, and that other garbage that plays these days.
2ZMMUEo.jpg

Morty said:
No-Face said:
and the lyrics sucks. "Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof" like what does that even mean

limitless, no restrictions, free
a room without a roof just comes off as incomplete and flawed to me, but whatever

compared to any other song that's been overplayed recently, i actually rather like this one, so i don't really mind. it's got a nice beat and isn't too grating, and i haven't heard anyone trying to sing it by themselves very badly (i.e. what happened with let it go) so it's not as bad in that regard

just my personal opinion

BVB Guy said:
Ritsu Tainaka said:
i usually really like pharrell but this song was just bleh
he was really good during the neptunes & n.e.r.d era, i know theyre still active but their og shit was amazing

ummmmmmm what? lol
do you know who the neptunes and n.e.r.d. were?

og kanye was good, 808s was kinda when he fell off but i really loved dark fantasy
i never liked the rest of the rappers on your list so they dont matter to me
kendrick & some other people but the rest on your list was trash yes i agree

al capone wasnt a rapper, he was an actual og
the term is used both seriously and also as in "damn that kid is og, this guy's rockin a ring pop on each finger"

Crocodile Dippy said:
perfect, you are perfect

i don't get why people bitch and moan about a song

the whole "you can't escape the song" argument is total bullshit.

in fact, if it happens to be assaulting your ears and you don't know how to stop it, try this

Jm2BdUT.png

edit: dammit, i wrote "stupid and ignorant". that was redundant

BVB Guy said:
Aiko Heiwa said:
I have no idea what the fuck song you're even talking about.
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof." If you haven't heard that, then you're probably living under a rock.
Or I've never heard it because most modern music is complete garbage so why even listen to it?

Back