Have we all had enough of "Happy" by Pharell Williams?

Are you tired of "Happy" by Pharell?

• Total voters
sticker,375x360.u4.png

Because this thread's gone on long enough without a picture of the guy from Duck Commander.

My radio station only plays rap and EDM during request hour. :(

i get the feeling that i would get tired of this song if i heard it a lot, but i haven't, so i still like it

BVB Guy said:
Pizazz said:
Then try to find a station of the music genre you like.
alright so i recently discovered this for myself, but the number of music genres available on radio depends greatly on your location

where i am in sc, there's basically only two types of radio stations: conservative talk radio that variously play country or rock, or christian gospel radio. the only one that doesn't fit this formula (that i know of) is npr.

(oh and if you have a shortwave radio you can pick up a bunch of spanish stations, that was kinda neat)

whereas when you live in a highly urbanized area like atlanta, there's radio of pretty much every kind. heck, they had a whole station that just for obscure video game themes.

basically what i'm saying is please don't presume that we have the same options that you do. radio's rather boring down here, i usually just drive in silence (and plot world domination) or plug in my computer

I was talking about request hour; the rest of the day, there's music I like. I do often switch to another station anyway.

Viridi said:
BVB Guy said:
Pizazz said:
alright so i recently discovered this for myself, but the number of music genres available on radio depends greatly on your location

where i am in sc, there's basically only two types of radio stations: conservative talk radio that variously play country or rock, or christian gospel radio. the only one that doesn't fit this formula (that i know of) is npr.

(oh and if you have a shortwave radio you can pick up a bunch of spanish stations, that was kinda neat)

whereas when you live in a highly urbanized area like atlanta, there's radio of pretty much every kind. heck, they had a whole station that just for obscure video game themes.

basically what i'm saying is please don't presume that we have the same options that you do. radio's rather boring down here, i usually just drive in silence (and plot world domination) or plug in my computer

Oh god I once turned on the radio in Pensacola and it blew my mind that there were actual stations that played rock songs after the year 87

Then my dad got pissed because there wasn't a single conservative talk station to be found and had to settle for the Kelly file on some am station

It was a painful trip radio-wise

Doctor Walter Bishop said:
Viridi said:
BVB Guy said:
Pizazz said:

Oh god I once turned on the radio in Pensacola and it blew my mind that there were actual stations that played rock songs after the year 87

Then my dad got pissed because there wasn't a single conservative talk station to be found and had to settle for the Kelly file on some am station

It was a painful trip radio-wise
I can think of a painful trip radio-wise: We're listening to a pop station. Then all of the sudden, "Happy" comes on! We change it to a rock station, and "My Own Prison" by Creed comes on. I was looking for something better, not something worse.

I once turned on the radio and some song was playing - the only lyrics were "What? Uh huh."

Pizazz said:
I once turned on the radio and some song was playing - the only lyrics were "What? Uh huh."
One time I heard a song where the entire second half of the song was just "nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah hey jude" repeated over and over.

BVB Guy said:
Иeptune said:
they made it work though
You can't hate the Beatles if you listen to rock because they're considered by many to be one of the greatest, and if not, the greatest classic rock band of all time.
I like to read, but I don't like Lord of the Flies, which is considered a classic. Just because it's considered the best doesn't mean you have to love it.

by the by, i have effectively reached the point of hating this song so much that i rage every time i hear it

Dr. Javelin said:
Dr. Javelin said:
heck, they had a whole station that just for obscure video game themes.
Dr. Javelin said:
video game themes.
brb moving

a fellow atlantan? how goes it in the city?

i miss atlanta. my family decided to move to south carolina for some reason, but i still visit fairly often

and i think it was a college radio station, which would explain the choice of music if it's being hosted by college kids

Back