Mario Party 10

I have Gold Mario. Decided to wait on the actual game, but needed to grab the amiibo before the scalpers.

I got Mario Party 10 and the Toad amiibo today. I've only tested out MP10 briefly (my friends and I are having a "Mario Party party" later), but I have to say... amiibo party is dull as hell.

As for the Gold Mario amiibo... I think I'd just be better off if I just grab a normal Mario amiibo and paint the dam thing myself.

I'm gonna go on a ramble about this from what I've just SEEN.

Bowser Party is literally the most unbalanced thing EVER in a Mario Party game. It's like he catches up to the players every turn because he's offered a re-roll if his roll is low. But players tend to get low rolls, so why should he be able to? Not to mention, the majority of the Spaces and events on the board are complete luck and are just RIGGED to make Bowser win...

It's a total shame how such fantastic mini-games (and hell there's none where it's "choose a button and hope for the best" unless you count Bowser Party ones, like Bowser Bingo lol) are COMPLETELY ruined by a completely biased and luck-based Party Mode with SOMETHING inevitably causing you to rage over losing your mini-stars on each board. It's not looking fun at all. -__-

I'm also disappointed that Mario Party at this point has now become Wii Party (and this being like the 5th edition; we had Wii Party, MP9, MP: IT, Wii Party U and now MP10...). Though I believe they do share the same developers (ND Cube?) after 8. They also couldn't have put Online in this game either? Mini-Games could be doable with both friends and anyone, whereas board play could be done with your friends. And they can't pull the "it would take too long" excuse, because Fortune Street had online and that game can take over an HOUR.

MP10 is disappointing as hell and I don't blame you if you don't enjoy the game or if you don't want to get it.

Yeah, it sounds like developers haven't heard of playtesting to balance. I've heard some people and now you saying that Bowser is broken to the point where it's not fun to play. You're also correct about the Wii Party comparison: ND Cube has worked in Mario Party games since Mario Party 9, and they're doing a depressingly disappointing job EVERY Mario Party they touched. It's no coincidence that this happens to be the third Mario Party I intentionally skipped (Mario Party 9, Island Tour, now this; I overlooked Advance). It's sad because, well, my displayname, Mario Party X. I've been a pretty major fan of the games, and to see it degenerate after its crappy reboot is depressing.

I think Wii Party should burn, by the way. It's symbolic in that it basically signaled the end of the Mario Party I knew. I remember when it was announced during the Mario Party DS - 9 recess and Mario Party fans were outraged.

Mario Party X said:
I think Wii Party should burn, by the way. It's symbolic in that it basically signaled the end of the Mario Party I knew. I remember when it was announced during the Mario Party DS - 9 recess and Mario Party fans were outraged.
I remember when I thought Wii Party meant it was the end for Mario Party. Might as well have been the case.

Good mini games, terrible boards.

Lumastar said:
Mcmadness said:
It's not just that. It's also presentation (9 does well, this doesn't), extra modes (9 does well, this doesn't), and the like.

I will admit that this game has a better roster and better graphics (duh).
Really, the presentation is bad? I've seen some screenshots, and I think it looks fairly pretty.

I played two times Bowser Party with Expert computers, I was in team Mario the two times. And I won both quite easily. There is even one I lost zero heart. Bowser may have a slight adavantage, but it's not as imbalanced as you may think. There are some Bowser minigames where it's hard to do damage as Bowser.
For the boards themselves, I like them.

Mario Party Σ said:
Lumastar said:
Mcmadness said:
It's not just that. It's also presentation (9 does well, this doesn't), extra modes (9 does well, this doesn't), and the like.

Really, the presentation is bad? I've seen some screenshots, and I think it looks fairly pretty.
I'm mostly referring to the menus. I should have elaborated on that more.

Lumastar said:
Mario Party Σ said:
Lumastar said:
Mcmadness said:

I'm mostly referring to the menus. I should have elaborated on that more.
Meh, in that case, it looks like they got inspired by Smash 4.

Lumastar said:
9 is good, but not great. But hey, it's better than bad or even okay.

This, on the other hand- I'm not really feeling it.

Obviously we have not played the same Mario Party 9 then.

Like, it's tolerate, but I would not give it enough credit to call it good. Good would mean that it would be something that has some replay value.

If you guys want some gameplay from people who have been playing Mario Party games for a living (Ok not literally but still their channel is full of great and salty Mario Party games in every game in the series (well for the exception of the Handheld games. They'd all have to have Game Boy Advances, Nintendo DS's, and Nintendo 3DS' to do that))

Mario Party (About 23 Minutes)
Bowser Party (About 22 Minutes)
Amiibo Party (About 50 Minutes)

All of them together are almost 2 hours. But if you can find the time, get ready for some salty Mario Party veterans giving out their fun albeit quite critical thoughts on the game.

Oh cool, I think I should put that on my to-watch list.

Something about Bowser jr talking for Bowser just doesn't seem right at all.

Either Dream Team or Island tour, whichever came second.

It was Island Tour then. (I haven't played that game)

Still, that was released in 2013 (at least for the US) That means Bowser hasn't talked in two years. What's up with that?

Bowser still talks in the game, at least when he gets free in Party Mode, when there is a reverse minigame or when he "gives" 10000 mini stars.

Back