Mario Party 10

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
I figured that but it still feels weird for Bowser party
 

a referee

DON'T STOP THE COUNT!
Mcmadness said:
Something about Bowser jr talking for Bowser just doesn't seem right at all.
Nintendo's trying waaaaay too hard at making the big players seem deathly silent nowadays.
 

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
And I'll never understand why. Especially for Bowser.
 

Anser

King Bowser
Good God this game is sooooo bad, as I expected. I got the chance to play it today. Boring as hell. The boards are slow, the mini-games aren't fun because they're too slow and they lack that "crazy" factor older games had. Bowser Party is way too unbalanced and not that fun, and amiibo Party is just a bore-fest. The music is too carnival-ish and extremely mediocre.

The one thing I'll give this game is that it has a near-perfect roster. If only Spike didn't make it into the game it would have been perfect (although I would have left Rosalina out of this hot mess too, but at this point it seems like she'll be in every single Mario game from now on).

Rest in peace, Mario Party.
 

a referee

DON'T STOP THE COUNT!
Anser said:
Good God this game is sooooo bad, as I expected. I got the chance to play it today. Boring as hell. The boards are slow, the mini-games aren't fun because they're too slow and they lack that "crazy" factor older games had. Bowser Party is way too unbalanced and not that fun, and amiibo Party is just a bore-fest. The music is too carnival-ish and extremely mediocre.

The one thing I'll give this game is that it has a near-perfect roster. If only Spike didn't make it into the game it would have been perfect (although I would have left Rosalina out of this hot mess too, but at this point it seems like she'll be in every single Mario game from now on).

Rest in peace, Mario Party.
I don't think the minigames look bad, but dear god, I don't want my Bowser killing squad get annihilated in seconds because the developers couldn't bother playtesting the game.
 

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Mario Party Σ said:
I don't think the minigames look bad, but dear god, I don't want my Bowser killing squad get annihilated in seconds because the developers couldn't bother playtesting the game.
It's less a killing squad and more a ''escaping from him as he gets mildly annoyed'' squad
 

a referee

DON'T STOP THE COUNT!
Either way, me and my team don't want to be treated as Bowser's playthings.

There really should be Bowser minigames where the 4 guys kick the crap out of Bowser, but there should also be a 5-player cooperative minigame where they travel to the headquarters of ND Cube and then beat the living daylights out of the developers (the guy who came up with the car drops the most coins) to win the game. Wario is an optional punching bag.
 

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
I miss those stage endings from 2.
 

Anser

King Bowser
Mario Party Σ said:
Anser said:
Good God this game is sooooo bad, as I expected. I got the chance to play it today. Boring as hell. The boards are slow, the mini-games aren't fun because they're too slow and they lack that "crazy" factor older games had. Bowser Party is way too unbalanced and not that fun, and amiibo Party is just a bore-fest. The music is too carnival-ish and extremely mediocre.

The one thing I'll give this game is that it has a near-perfect roster. If only Spike didn't make it into the game it would have been perfect (although I would have left Rosalina out of this hot mess too, but at this point it seems like she'll be in every single Mario game from now on).

Rest in peace, Mario Party.
I don't think the minigames look bad, but dear god, I don't want my Bowser killing squad get annihilated in seconds because the developers couldn't bother playtesting the game.
They don't LOOK bad. What they are is boring.
 

a referee

DON'T STOP THE COUNT!
Anser said:
Mario Party Σ said:
Anser said:
Good God this game is sooooo bad, as I expected. I got the chance to play it today. Boring as hell. The boards are slow, the mini-games aren't fun because they're too slow and they lack that "crazy" factor older games had. Bowser Party is way too unbalanced and not that fun, and amiibo Party is just a bore-fest. The music is too carnival-ish and extremely mediocre.

The one thing I'll give this game is that it has a near-perfect roster. If only Spike didn't make it into the game it would have been perfect (although I would have left Rosalina out of this hot mess too, but at this point it seems like she'll be in every single Mario game from now on).

Rest in peace, Mario Party.
I don't think the minigames look bad, but dear god, I don't want my Bowser killing squad get annihilated in seconds because the developers couldn't bother playtesting the game.
They don't LOOK bad. What they are is boring.
Well, you said the same thing for Island Tour, if I recall correctly, and I don't think the Island Tour ones look bad either.
 

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
You know, most Mario Parties would give some kind of excuse plot to give context to what you were doing on each board. It added a bit of flavour and personality.

But here we have nothing, No context, no personality, nothing. We have a largely quiet Bowser devoid of his personality from his dialogue (though his animations are good) a disapointing lack of extra modes. The best mode in the game Bowser party has blatant balancing issues and only works for 3 boards.

The only saving grace is the mini games, which are in my opinion some of the best ones in the series.

My recommendation, don't buy this, or if you do, wait for the price to go down and buy it for Bowser party and the mini games as you can still get some enjoyment out of that.
 

Ray Trace

SUMMER FUN IN APRIL!
Wiki Patroller
Well I'm probably going to end up emulating the game anyway.

That's what happened with Mario Party 9, since I really don't want to pay anything for a small aspect of a whole game.
 

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Reasonable. I just want to know what went wrong as this did seem like a marked improvement from 9 even with the car gameplay
 

Ray Trace

SUMMER FUN IN APRIL!
Wiki Patroller
It is, but I don't really like the car gameplay in the first place. It's heavily flawed. I've also heard Bowser Party is poorly executed as well, with the odds heavily in Bowser's favor, what with his rerolls, spaces near the end, and if one guy dies, the other guys can't go far enough from Bowser.
 

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
It is stacked in Bowser's favour you can still win if you co-operate with your team mates though. Most people playing still play like it's everybody for themselves I find.
 

Ray Trace

SUMMER FUN IN APRIL!
Wiki Patroller
And I have a question: can you make Bowser the CPU while a team of Toadette (me), Mario (my twin), Luigi, and Toad succeed?
 

Meta Knight

Victory is my destiny
Former 'Shroom Staff
Baby Luigi said:
And I have a question: can you make Bowser the CPU while a team of Toadette (me), Mario (my twin), Luigi, and Toad succeed?
Pretty sure you can
 

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Yes. Bowser's AI is adjustable like the others.

However Bowser Party's biggest problem for me isn't it's balance, its the repetition. With only 3 boards and 10 mini games there isn't enough variety.
 

a referee

DON'T STOP THE COUNT!
Mcmadness said:
Yes. Bowser's AI is adjustable like the others.

However Bowser Party's biggest problem for me isn't it's balance, its the repetition. With only 3 boards and 10 mini games there isn't enough variety.
How did you mess up the it's/its so badly?

Anyway, can you also choose your AI in Bowser Party? I mean, when my friends were playing the demo, the CPUs were randomly generated.
 

Ray Trace

SUMMER FUN IN APRIL!
Wiki Patroller
I asked this on GameFAQs, yes you can still choose the CPU
 

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Mario Party Σ said:
How did you mess up the it's/its so badly?[/s]
The same way I often mess up your/you're. I no grammar gud.
 

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
You know the endings for the boards are very anti-climactic. Beyond the actual boss battles themselves you just get to the end, the winner is chosen and that's it.

I remember back for MP1 and 2 they always had cutscenes that made the endings seem special.
 

a referee

DON'T STOP THE COUNT!
Mcmadness said:
You know the endings for the boards are very anti-climactic. Beyond the actual boss battles themselves you just get to the end, the winner is chosen and that's it.

I remember back for MP1 and 2 they always had cutscenes that made the endings seem special.
Well, how does it compare to, say, Mario Party 5 or Mario Party 6?
 
Top