Mario Party 10

Are there any more minigame modes than Free Play and Minigame Tournament?

Rayquaza said:
Meanwhile they still haven't learned to have online party mode

Mario Party games are looooooonnnnggggg even considering how MP9 (And likely this one too) shortens things. It still takes roughly half an hour.

And not everyone has reliable stability so what happens if in the middle of a game someone is forced to dropout either by a break in their connection or something else?

Mario Kart and Smash Bros. matches usually don't last too long, which is why they're great for online because it's less of a big deal that someone drops out mid-battle.

Maybe if there was a mode you could play the Minigames online would work. But otherwise board gameplay online would take too long to be practical.

Fortune Street.

I'm skipping this no question, has not fixed any of problems 9 had (expect very minor ones) and added a whole new set of problems.

Oh well guess I'll play this on emulator once a Wii U emulator comes out....this is a disappointment, but as expected.

It looks like only the minigames are worth playing again.

Northern Verve said:
Rayquaza said:
Meanwhile they still haven't learned to have online party mode

Mario Party games are looooooonnnnggggg even considering how MP9 (And likely this one too) shortens things. It still takes roughly half an hour.

And not everyone has reliable stability so what happens if in the middle of a game someone is forced to dropout either by a break in their connection or something else?

Mario Kart and Smash Bros. matches usually don't last too long, which is why they're great for online because it's less of a big deal that someone drops out mid-battle.

Maybe if there was a mode you could play the Minigames online would work. But otherwise board gameplay online would take too long to be practical.
Not to mention I believe the tracks are shorter in MK8 for online reasons. Shortening a Mario Party game wouldn't really work in my opinion.

Toy Chica said:
Not to mention I believe the tracks are shorter in MK8 for online reasons.

If that's the case then I want online gone forever at least some compensation because I personally hate it when things get compromised for the sake of online (like those damn timers everywhere and inability to pause in Mario Kart 7 when Mario Kart DS had none of that crap) play. I really don't want quality of tracks compromised.

Mario Kart is always a fast paced game anyway, I don't think matches should take too long anyway. And I doubt it kept people from playing racing games online that have much longer race tracks.

Yeah sorry Nintendo. Bringing back DK as a playable character and a half-assed "Classic"/Amiibo mode isn't enough to bring me back. This is a rental at best just like with MP9.

I have Wii Party U (Which despite being made by the same company behind 9 and 10 actually has some decent fun and variety. It helps that I got it free of charge because I chose to have it when I bought Mario Kart 8 with that deal though I suppose) and I'd even go back to Smash Tour in Smash 4 faster in terms of Party game stuff

Eh, actually, I think Smash Tour is even more lifeless than anything in Mario Party 10. I think its biggest flaw was that you use Miis instead of y'know, actually using Smash characters.

Smash Tour is just a bonus mode in a game I was already going to buy normally. It's not great but if I truly must want a Party game experience that I don't feel I wasted $60 for (I bought Smash at full price for it's normal modes that's been in the series since the beginning. Even if I despised Smash Tour with a passion of a thousand suns it wouldn't make me feel I was ripped off cause I got what I paid for still) then I have Smash Tour or the as forementioned free Wii Party U because of the deal given with MK8

This is just in terms of Wii U party games though. I could also just grab my Gamecube for the Gamecube Mario Parties or head into the Wii U's Wii mode to access Mario Party 2 on Virtual Console. Or heck even Mario Party 8 :V

Well I felt Smash Tour was a giant disappointment compared to Smash Run in 3DS. It would be great if they ported Smash Run from 3DS to Wii U instead of making Smash Tour.

Baby Luigi said:
Well I felt Smash Tour was a giant disappointment compared to Smash Run in 3DS. It would be great if they ported Smash Run from 3DS to Wii U instead of making Smash Tour.

I don't disagree, I think Smash Run is superior in pretty much every way as well. Problem is I can only play it alone as I don't have any local friends or family members with their own 3DS' (My brother plays Smash with me alot but I don't think he cares enough to want his own 3DS and copy of Smash 4 for it.)

It's too bad Smash Run wasn't made available online. Even if the amount of enemies on screen could of potentially made it really lag :V

It's fun enough alone but yeah...

Back