Mario Party 10

I don't see Rosalina getting her own team.

Lubba, Whittles, H. Queen, Lumas, Space Rabbits, Rosalina

Sounds like a decent amount.

I just see her being added to Peach's team like daisy was.

Guys, we should go back to talking about Mario Party please. I think there's another thread for that.

For Spike, I guess it wouldn't be that bad, though his inclusion is very...unorthodox. Also...

Stanley the Troll said:
Tryclyde said:
At least with previous Bowser minions, they chose ones that people actually like (magikoopa, shy guy, blooper).
Who the hell likes Blooper?

Don't you be talking shit about my favorite character from Mario Party 8.

Toy Chica said:
in the wii game daisy did have her own team i think since she was a sub-captain in story mode
Yeah she technically be a captain but in the default story modes she was secondary to peach.

Just like diddy, birdo, bowser jr, luigi etc etc

Wally said:
Guys, we should go back to talking about Mario Party please. I think there's another thread for that.

For Spike, I guess it wouldn't be that bad, though his inclusion is very...unorthodox. Also...

Stanley the Troll said:
Tryclyde said:
At least with previous Bowser minions, they chose ones that people actually like (magikoopa, shy guy, blooper).

Don't you be talking *bleep* about my favorite character from Mario Party 8.

Blooper should be playable more often.

Wally said:

Stanley the Troll said:
Tryclyde said:

It's the same guy who wants random ass RPG characters or some shit in the latest Mario vs. Donkey Kong 53.

Mcmadness said:
Toy Chica said:
in the wii game daisy did have her own team i think since she was a sub-captain in story mode
Yeah she technically be a captain but in the default story modes she was secondary to peach.

Wally said:

Stanley the Troll said:
Tryclyde said:

Has Blooper been playable in anything besides MP8 and Sluggers?

GalacticPetey said:
Mcmadness said:
Toy Chica said:

Wally said:

Stanley the Troll said:
Tryclyde said:

Has Blooper been playable in anything besides MP8 and Sluggers?
No.

Even Metal Mario has more playable roles than Blooper.

That makes blooper a sad squid.

I'd love to see Blooper and Hammer Bro playable again. And if Spike can stop being a boss then I'd love to see Dry Bones return. These may be generic enemies, but they were already playable before. 8's roster was by far the best in the series, so 9's was disapointing. I mean yeah they had to have bosses but still.

I think 9's roster wasn't bad but I guess it was less than 8's. Though I attribute that to 8 being made largely from re-used resources.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with generic enemies.

There are probably more people that like Goomba than there are that like a specific Goomba such as Goombario. The reason why it is not ideal to have RPG characters in stuff like this is the fact that not everyone has played the RPGs and probably wouldn't even know the character, or the importance of the character. And like BLOF said, they were made for their part of their own spin-off of Mario. But I digress; it's better to have generic enemies due to the fact that there will be a greater range of people that would like that character.

Wally said:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with generic enemies.

There are probably more people that like Goomba than there are that like a specific Goomba such as Goombario. The reason why it is not ideal to have RPG characters in stuff like this is the fact that not everyone has played the RPGs and probably wouldn't even know the character, or the importance of the character. And like BLOF said, they were made for their part of their own spin-off of Mario. But I digress; it's better to have generic enemies due to the fact that there will be a greater range of people that would like that character.
I can see someone who hasn't played Paper Mario and doesn't know what's up with Goombario being like "a Goomba ripoff of Mario? Really?" and think the concept is stupid so generic enemies would probably go over better due to more instant recognizability.

There is also a certain appeal to playing as a no name character and still being able to kick ass as one.

Some games are based entirely around that concept.

I never understood the hate for generic enemies in Mario spinoffs. You think nobody would care considering they've been there since the first Mario Kart.

They are usually scapegoats to point fingers at for people when the characters they wanted added aren't added.

Back