Super Mario Maker

In other words, you want more *bleep*s to get in before Daisy? :babyluigi:

Yes I want my assholes to get in, including Daisy.

How bout 564 more versions of Mario?

if one of them is baby mario then i'm ok with that

Good work
also Daisy will be the last character added one hour before the game is shut down.

I would like Nintendo to explain why they don't include Daisy, it's getting ridiculous at this point.

Cirdec said:
I would like Nintendo to explain why they don't include Daisy, it's getting ridiculous at this point.

I think that it has to do with Gunpei Yokoi's wishes in that Daisy should never be implemented onto a mainstream Mario title.

MnSG said:
Cirdec said:

I think that it has to do with Gunpei Yokoi's wishes in that Daisy should never be implemented onto a mainstream Mario title.

Can Mario Maker really be considered a mainstream title?

Raigh said:
Can Mario Maker really be considered a mainstream title?

Probably not, since it's more of a course maker.

Pi said:

It's probably something that I overlooked at one point. I can't really say if it's perfectly true or not, but considering that Daisy never appeared in any more mainstream titles, it seems like a huge reasoning for why she's become a spin-off exclusive now.

gunpei yokoi is not daisy's creator

Magikrazy said:
Who is? I always thought it was Yokoi.

We don't know. People just credit Yokoi exclusively because he directed most of the games that R&D1 made at the time.

Yokoi was head manager of nintendo r&d 1 even before nintendo made video games, and had little involvement in their games, he was always more of an engineer. people credit him as the creator of wario land / metroid / kid icarus because he was automatically credited as "executive producer" and garbage sites like IGN don't know what that actually mean

here's what's written on the rumours page:

In truth, Yokoi has never been credited as a character designer in any of the games he was involved with, and no report done during Yokoi's lifetime or modern interviews with former R&D1 staff stated he created any characters for R&D1's games. [...] While no specific creator has been attributed for Daisy, Satoru Okada (director of Super Mario Land) or Hirofumi Matsuoka and/or Masahiko Mashimo (graphic designers for the game) would be more likely candidates.

I got Mario Maker for Christmas. I'll try most of the levels posted in the Level sharing thread. Though admittedly I've never been that good at 2D Mario so I won't be surprised if the legitimately hard ones frustrate me. But I am looking forward to playing many of your levels.

Not sure I'll make many levels myself but if I do I'll certainly share it.

I got Mario Maker for Christmas, and I like it! I must have encountered a glitch though because when I did the Mr. Saturn event course, the mystery mushroom was a Goomba, and was not Mr. Saturn and I repeated the course a couple times to see what happened and it still was a Goomba. Mr. Saturn works fine in the Level maker.

I also uploaded 2 courses which I will post later in the course sharing thread.

I'll play them for you. hope it's not to hard lol.

Re: Mario Maker

Lumastar said:
Cirdec said:
Lumastar said:
I actually can see a Mario Kart Maker happening if this does well.

This will never happen. It's just too complex.
It's still far from as complicated as a 3D Mario Maker would likely be. Besides, Nintendo would have many past examples if they actually made a Mario Kart Maker. In fact, they already experimented with track creation back in the 64 era with Excitebike 64 and F-Zero X.

But the question is, if a 3D Mario Kart Maker would come out, would it be a seperate game or part of a mainstream Mario Kart game

It'll probably be part of the Mario Kart series or it can be its own thing like Mario Paint.

They would probably expand Makers to other franchises before doing another Mario Maker.

Back