Super Mario Maker

Someone should mod this game. Replace existing sprites with custom sprites, for example, costumes, blocks and enemies. NSMBU, MK8, SSB4 and Splatoon are the only known Wii U games so far, that can be modded.

Dr. Mario said:
Baby Luigi said:
It's confirmed to be fake.

Gee, like, who knew? Maybe I should start a rumor myself so I can boost my own ego even further and get some attention because I'm an attention whore.
You should. :babyluigi:
Do it, with actual fake blurry screenshot leak.

as far as i'm concerned, Bowser's Puzzle Dungeon is the best official level on the servers atm

eat shit mary o.

Doesn't it seem ironic that even though Mary tells you what not to do with your courses, she actually breaks her own rules for her own courses?

infinite8 said:
Someone should mod this game.

That's really a goddamn understatement

infinite8 said:
Someone should mod this game. Replace existing sprites with custom sprites, for example, costumes, blocks and enemies. NSMBU, MK8, SSB4 and Splatoon are the only known Wii U games so far, that can be modded.
How did I overlook this? Hell freaking yeah it should be modded. There's absolutely NO downside to it. Super Mario Maker needs mod support to stay alive; it's a user-content-based game. You need new content regularly to keep coming back at it, and strong user modding community does a fantastic job a prolonging a game shelf life. It's a no-brainer at this time in video gaming, and that Nintendo continuously discourages modders is head-smackingly dumb. I know it may encourage pirating and stuff, but modding helps sales more than hurts it. That many mods require you to own a legit copy anyway shouldn't harm sales.

MnSG said:
Doesn't it seem ironic that even though Mary tells you what not to do with your courses, she actually breaks her own rules for her own courses?
What an oxymoron

Glitchy said:
I would love to see Mario Maker mods, the possibilities are endless.
But how long would it take to make mods?, it took almost a year to produce mods for Mario Kart 8.

Porygon-Z said:
Glitchy said:
But how long would it take to make mods?, it took almost a year to produce mods for Mario Kart 8.
The Wii U wasn't really opened up yet in the MK8 era.

Nowadays, SMM is not even out yet for that long, but a lot of sprites have already been ripped.

And assuming they start with texturemods, it won't be long at all.

MnSG said:
Magikrazy said:
Like what?

Keeping your course fun and fair is probably the most obvious.
That's so vague and subjective though.\\
Lakituthequick said:
Porygon-Z said:
Glitchy said:
The Wii U wasn't really opened up yet in the MK8 era.

Nowadays, SMM is not even out yet for that long, but a lot of sprites have already been ripped.

And assuming they start with texturemods, it won't be long at all.
Modding isn't widespread yet, Golden Yoshi. I know the bean guy had a bunch of hilarious hacks in his game, but they're only a showcase at this point.

I'm hoping music modding also comes around texture hacking since music modding is one of the simpler methods to mod a game.

WVW69im0rHEA_AD3EN

so this happened
funny enough i unlocked the peach costume after this too

so a nex remix stage has just been released

the mystery costume you get for completing it is frog mario
damn

For those who wanted more Mario (two of them, actually), we're getting Paper Jam sprites as Costume Mario. At least we get a proper Luigi sprite from the deal.

CVIi3PCWwAASc5M.png

yeah

Borp said:
Wait, is that all three of them in one cluster?
Yeah, but I think that's cool. If I had to force myself to play this game, I'd choose them along with Super Mario-Kun Mario

Looks like we have a returning "character" from Mario Kart 8 as a new costume... https://youtu.be/R-xB8AKdCo0

Thanks for reading.

Hint: It's not an actual character.

I love the GLA so godamn much

you almost made me believe they added pink gold peach into mario maker before daisy

but this is so much better

Back