Super Mario Maker

Apparently the update also added an Easter Egg that allows you to knock on the door. And if you do it repeatedly. A Weird Mario will temporarily pop out and will be in a random power-up related to the game the level is currently based on. And it has Weird Mario in all the styles, so you could even see Weird Mario in NSMB format. (Though it's still only playable in 8-Bit)

weird mario is my favourite mario brother

GBAToad said:
weird mario is my favourite mario brother

I predict that there will be complaints about being teased on Mario's other power-ups not being present in this game (mainly the Super Mario Bros. 3 ones).

Thanks for reading.

SMM-SMB-WeirdMario-Door-3.png

the best
the tanooki statue is a close second tho

SMM-SMB-WeirdMario-Door-4.png

I think it's that mod I did for that game that's coming back to haunt me.

http://nintendoeverything.com/super-mario-maker-staff-on-development-worldwide-appeal-costumes-updates/

wtf wtf wtf said:
“Well, during development, one of the ideas was, what happens to the creature inside the shell when you put it on? And someone suggested having the creature’s insides basically dribble out when Mario puts the shell on. We thought that would be too gross, so we decided we would have the insides of the shell kind of leak out but we would cover that with a blurred effect.” – Yamashita

Why mull over something so trivial like this?

“He kind of put our minds at ease by telling us, ‘You know, this isn’t your typical Mario game, and you can think that the elements in this game are not actually Mario canon. So feel free to put in strange things.’”

Mario has canon?

sorry, but suggestion of out-of-nowhere gore fascinates me more than "mario has canon/no canon durr hurrr" trope arguments

But again, just... why? Why can't it be hollow as if the creature never existed?

Dr. Mario said:
But again, just... why? Why can't it be hollow as if the creature never existed?

Because we're not like babies who think that something doesn't exist if you can't see it.
On that note I wonder what a super-violent, blood and gore Mario game would be like if it still kept the existing style.
Damn that makes me want to go on gamebanana and download a bunch of Mario-themed skins

That would make Super Mario Maker more interesting than whatever the hell gimmick it is right now.

Giffy Giffy said:
Dr. Mario said:

Because we're not like babies who think that something doesn't exist if you can't see it.
On that note I wonder what a super-violent, blood and gore Mario game would be like if it still kept the existing style.
dang that makes me want to go on gamebanana and download a bunch of Mario-themed skins

I think, if executed properly, it would be a hilarious parody.

What did the 1.21 update do to the game? I haven't spotted anything different.

On a side note, I now have my own 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo.

7yCRBfq.jpg

And as a result, this means that I can now implement Big Mario onto my own courses. Keep note that this is the modern version amiibo, so any of my courses that utilize Big Mario will have him in his modern appearance.

Porygon-Z said:
I was gonna upload my levels while i was at the hotel in houston but the wifi was'nt compatible with it, crap.

fuck i just now realized that you are PIK lol.

(I disabled ltq's stylish theme a while ago, rip)

freakworld said:
Porygon-Z said:
I was gonna upload my levels while i was at the hotel in houston but the wifi was'nt compatible with it, crap.

fuck i just now realized that you are PIK lol.

(I disabled ltq's stylish theme a while ago, rip)
this happened to me once when i was posting.

Here's an interesting thing that's surfaced: http://gonintendo.com/stories/247143-rumor-daisy-costume-found-on-super-mario-maker-s-japanese-site

If you didn't go to that link, basically there are actually 2 versions of Daisy (much like Isabelle, I guess): Sports and Dress. It's believed to be scrapped, but I think it could very well be a planned addition in the future.

Thanks for reading.

EDIT: It is entirely possible that this is more of a fan art, given the lack of a source and the source being from a Daisy-related Twitter account.

I'd think someone like Random Talking Bush or another well-known sprite ripper would find it. Also, it seems that this Daisy lacks dual frills, but I wouldn't add another frill if i was designing that sprite.

It's totally fake. There's no way these people can know about sprites before people like RTB would; if they know, RTB would freaking ask how they ripped sprites from the game. I don't even know why a site like gonintendo would report something crap like this, I thought they would know better.

That being said...I have Baby Mario and Baby Luigi "amiibo costumes" lying around here somewhere. Herp derp, maybe I should show them that "rumor" to gonintendo as well!

It's confirmed to be fake.

Gee, like, who knew? Maybe I should start a rumor myself so I can boost my own ego even further and get some attention because I'm an attention whore.

Baby Luigi said:
It's confirmed to be fake.

Gee, like, who knew? Maybe I should start a rumor myself so I can boost my own ego even further and get some attention because I'm an attention whore.
You should. :babyluigi:

Back