Super Mario Maker

Don´t forget to include replay value on good level design, for instance areas accessible only with a specific powerful.

NathanBros said:
Don´t forget to include replay value on good level design, for instance areas accessible only with a specific powerful.

It's too bad that even that won't guarantee that you'll be receiving stars from other players.

You don't use good level design to get stars, you make automatic Marios that play music and/or pay streamers to play your levels

Uniju said:
You don't use good level design to get stars, you make automatic Marios that play music and/or pay streamers to play your levels

That's what can be so stupid sometimes. You work hard on a course, only to see it get pushed aside by something that's a lot less rewarding to play. And even if people play your courses, they don't even bother to star them.

It wouldn't be so bad if the dang stars aren't connected to how many levels you can upload.

Finally got my second medal so that was cool.

Mario Party Δ said:
It wouldn't be so bad if the dang stars aren't connected to how many levels you can upload.
I think it was a good design decision because it forces the players to think through their level and not just spam the servers / piss everyone off with shitty ones. However, the numbers seem pretty excessive, especially when it's so hard to get stars unless you're actively promoting your levels. I'd expect the second medal to be around 10 stars rather than 50, then scaled accordingly.

Uniju said:
Or that

NathanBros said:
I personally wouldn't consider replay value *that* much of a priority. It's certainly nice to have, but given there's thousands of levels available already it's unlikely that someone is going to spend time replaying the same world, especially if they come across it through the 100 Mario Challenge or something.

I usually don't replay levels unless there was something design-y in them that I liked and wanted to check again, though for that I'd also download it and play it through Create mode.

Santa said:
I think it was a good design decision because it forces the players to think through their level and not just spam the servers / piss everyone off with *bleep*ty ones. However, the numbers seem pretty excessive, especially when it's so hard to get stars unless you're actively promoting your levels. I'd expect the second medal to be around 10 stars rather than 50, then scaled accordingly.
It's supposed to mitigate level flooding, sure, but the reality is that you're going to get swamped anyhow. Instead of limiting people by how many comments/stars they get, implement a better function to filter and search levels. If you're desperate, maybe limit uploads by a time limit (kind of similar to how we can't post simultaneously several times). Not sure.

I think I found the hardest level so far:

9199-0000-0041-CE46

sent to me by someone in a twitch stream chat.

it actually requires abusing super mario maker glitches.

https://twitter.com/randomtbush/status/647213648377720832

Windows Logo for fucking sprite costume man...

But Baby Mario was considered to be added as a Costume Mario and I only ask...........the letter "y". YYYYYYyyyyYy

Baby Luigi said:
https://twitter.com/randomtbush/status/647213648377720832

Windows Logo for *bleep*ing sprite costume man...
I called it, Windows Logo DLC character for Smash 4.

Windows logo in a Nintendo game? Seriously?
And I still don't see Daisy anywhere. Just why?
This is so depressing.

super mario maker bill gates edition:

>version number suddenly jumps from 6 to 10 after an update
>random sound freezes
>"FATAL ERROR: mario maker build utilities could not be started, please try again later"
>always online DRM
>voice assistant deletes your level when you shout "remove mushroom"
>rareware costumes
>so many rareware costumes
>at this point you ask yourself if rare is making anything except for ports, kinect sports and sprite costumes
>online levels only get stars if they include at least one out of Doritos/MLG references/Dank Memes
>last but not least, the only way to control the game is with kinect (see NES SMB1 with a power glove).

I am absolutely lovin' this game so far. Making and playing levels is so fun! Could this be the revitalizing entry in the main Mario series which has been pretty bland since Galaxy 2? I think so.

But, lol at the costumes. Mario in a kart, but no Paper Mario. Waluigi, but no Daisy. Freakin Mahjong Tile. And now Windows Logo? From Microsoft, a competitor to Nintendo? Lol!

Emmett Brown said:
super mario maker bill gates edition:

>version number suddenly jumps from 6 to 10 after an update
>random sound freezes
>"FATAL ERROR: mario maker build utilities could not be started, please try again later"
>always online DRM
>voice assistant deletes your level when you shout "remove mushroom"
>rareware costumes
>so many rareware costumes
>at this point you ask yourself if rare is making anything except for ports, kinect sports and sprite costumes
>online levels only get stars if they include at least one out of Doritos/MLG references/Dank Memes
>last but not least, the only way to control the game is with kinect (see NES SMB1 with a power glove).
>BSOD

Maker Mario said:
What!? A Windows Logo!? What's next, a PlayStation logo?

After all, no Daisy, Toadette, Roy and Ryu.
Maybe a Sony logo to even things out. After all, it's not an Xbox logo they considered.

Female Medic said:
Hello.

I have everything

I don't know how to use sub levels

What do

Learn it yourself, it's in the game that should be easy to grasp, and stop expecting us to spoon-feed you.

Maker Mario said:
What!? A Windows Logo!? What's next, a PlayStation logo?

After all, no Daisy, Toadette, Roy and Ryu.

Don't you mean Apple logo to even things out?

If anything, they should do the Linux penguin logo.

Emmett Brown said:
Female Medic said:
I don't know how to use sub levels

What do

try putting mario into a pipe

also i had to google to figure this out, lol

You have to first unlock the sub-areas course set. Otherwise, you can't put Mario inside pipes.

Basically, once the sub-areas course set is unlocked, you can create a sub-area by putting Mario inside a pipe. You must then make an exit pipe at the sub-area for Mario to exit out of.

Keep note, however, that the goal can't be placed inside sub-areas, so you'll have to return back to the main area to finish your course.

i havent seen a single level yet use the super mario world cape mario correctly

except for flappy birds

Paper Jorge said:
i havent seen a single level yet use the super mario world cape mario correctly

except for flappy birds

One of my Super Mario World game style courses has a hidden 1-up Mushroom, which can only be obtained if you have a Cape Feather.

>upload a really stupid level i made in like 10 minutes
>gets 8 stars in a few hours
>this game

Back