Super Mario Maker

Go figure.

Give the better quality courses some love people. Automatic courses become very boring after a while, and that goes double for the sound effect spamming.

smh they won't listen, and there will always be a new set of people who find auto-courses fun after the previous set get bored of them.

Marie said:
>upload a really stupid level i made in like 10 minutes
>gets 8 stars in a few hours
>this game
>upload level that took 1-2 hours to make
>one attempt

GBAToad said:
Marie said:
>this game
>one attempt
>upload an easy level
>35 people play it
>2 completions, 166 attempts
>no stars

while we're all bitching about people not playing our levels: play my levels

man fuck expert level 100 mario challenge

I'm at course 10 with 35 lives left and I haven't even cleared it once, this is the longest run i've had lol

I've got all of the mystery costumes from easy and some from normal, but i'm never gonna get the rest from expert at this rate

Maker Mario said:
Marie said:
GBAToad said:
Marie said:
>this game
>one attempt
>upload an easy level
>35 people play it
>2 completions, 166 attempts
>no stars
>upload really creative level
>70+ people play it
>get like 3 stars per day

Which asks the question, "What's wrong with this picture?"

GBAToad said:
man fuck expert level 100 mario challenge

I'm at course 10 with 35 lives left and I haven't even cleared it once, this is the longest run i've had lol

I've got all of the mystery costumes from easy and some from normal, but i'm never gonna get the rest from expert at this rate

I just skip all the stupid levels (eg: enemy tower/cannon/etc spam) because they're all terrible. As for others, I skip after 5-10 lives depending on how interesting the level is. If it's good and I want to play it to the end then I just find them again in my 'played courses' list. Hard isn't too bad when you those things.

Santa said:
I just skip all the stupid levels (eg: enemy tower/cannon/etc spam) because they're all terrible. As for others, I skip after 5-10 lives depending on how interesting the level is. If it's good and I want to play it to the end then I just find them again in my 'played courses' list. Hard isn't too bad when you those things.
I pretty much do this already though D:
The RNG was really nice to me with the first few courses, but it all went to shit once I hit course 9. At that point I think I skipped at least 15 courses before I got one I could clear. It's a huge waste of time, and not fun at all imo. (oh god I can't even imagine the anger at actually clearing it just to receive another fucking animal crossing costume*)

As an aside, there are some really great courses on the servers, but there needs to be a better way to search for them. tbh scrolling through featured/up-and-coming does absolutely nothing for me, so 100 Mario Challenge is my primary way of finding good courses, and even through that I've only encountered a handful of levels I really liked. I'd love the ability to search for keywords, refine the 100-Mario challenge to only offer courses of a specific game-style, theme, etc. but nintendo just loves their code-sharing

/hurr durr original rant

edit: *on that note, i'm so glad Ashley is unlocked through easy mode

From what I understand, the difficulty that you choose never does determine which Mystery Mushroom costume that you'll get. I got the Shy Guy costume on easy, but someone else might never get the Shy Guy costume until he/she clears the expert difficulty.

I'm at level 6 in the expert challenge atm and i have like 50 lives left.
i got through one level first try though, and i had to skip twice on one because i lost wayy 2 many lives.

Meanwhile I've cleared expert mode twice. I was rewarded with a cool Arwing the first time but then another freaking Mario the 2nd

GBAToad said:
The RNG was really nice to me with the first few courses, but it all went to shit once I hit course 9. At that point I think I skipped at least 15 courses before I got one I could clear.
clearing courses 10-14 with only 5 lives left then getting a game over on course 15:

J6XeQAB.jpg

Tingle's one of the mystery mushroom costumes you unlock by clearing 100 Mario Challenge, so you just need to keep clearing it and hope the game gives it to you

like i did with waluigi

Back