Your favourite examples of Rare Sentences on the wiki?

Walkazo said:
Max Max: Yoshi Road

Damn I'm bummed that that's not the actual dialogue from the game

Re-Koil article said:
They always seem to have a stupid grin on their face and are sometimes seen with their tongue hanging out; also, their eyes perpetually stare in different directions, which may imply that they suffer from divergent strabismus.
Hmm, what do we actually know about the biology and related topics of the Donkey Kong universe, really?

RandomYoshi said:
Re-Koil article said:
They always seem to have a stupid grin on their face and are sometimes seen with their tongue hanging out; also, their eyes perpetually stare in different directions, which may imply that they suffer from divergent strabismus.
Hmm, what do we actually know about the biology and related topics of the Donkey Kong universe, really?
This sounds like BJAODN. That comment included.

Mario Party Δ said:
RandomYoshi said:
Re-Koil article said:
This sounds like BJAODN. That comment included.
I just checked, and it wasn't there. So I added it, because obvious.

His foster-parents attempt to talk him out of this, but Mario insists that he will save Peach, the elderly couple accept his decision and send him off with a container of his favorite food and a gun before wishing him luck on his journey.

Mario Party Δ said:
His foster-parents attempt to talk him out of this, but Mario insists that he will save Peach, the elderly couple accept his decision and send him off with a container of his favorite food and a gun before wishing him luck on his journey.

And people say Mario never uses guns

My concern is that why the hell two old Hammer Bros. have guns in the first place... you'd think it would be more useful than Hammers...

Super_Mario_Momotar%C5%8D.jpg

It's not even a pistol. And holy crap, I didn't even notice Mario was holding a gun in that picture...

Yeah, I did the Issun-boshi plot a while back, but really gotta get around to the other two (and hell, review the first one), especially now that a good fan-sub is available again, since last time I looked into it, it was pure listening comprehension. I watched a fair chunk of Momotaro the other day to get the screengrab and could understand most of it with the sub prompts, and the translations match up well - the only liberties take are when colloquialisms and whatnot get swapped out in order to sound natural (like "take care!" / "I'm leaving" in Japanese gets turned into "take care!" / "I will" in the subtitles). I'll try to get around to it tomorrow afternoon (barring any unforeseen circumstances): too tired tonight.

Before I removed them, the "trivia" explanations for the team names in Mario Superstar Baseball are...

DK Kongs is named after Donkey Kong.
DK Explorers is derived from Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong's habit of exploring.
DK Wild Ones comes from Donkey Kong being wild.
DK Animals derives from the Kongs, their Animal Friends and the Kremling Krew being animals.
Diddy Survivors is derived from Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong's power of surviving.
Diddy Ninjas is named after Diddy Kong's fighting skills, as he can fight like a ninja.
Diddy Tails comes from Diddy Kong's signature long tail.
Diddy Red Caps comes from Diddy Kong's signature red hat.
Diddy Monkeys comes from the species that the Kongs are.

Wario Greats is named after Wario's arrogance, as he believes that he is great.
Wario Garlics comes from Wario's favorite food.
Wario Steakheads (when Wario has a majority of team members with a high Power stat): is derived from Wario's brute strength.
Wario Beasts is also derived from Wario's brute strength.
Wario Muscles comes from Wario's strength.
Waluigi Mistiques could be from many of Waluigi´s powers that are rather mystical, like the giant baseball he throws or the random trajectory of his Star Swing.
Waluigi Smart-Alecks may come from Waluigi's sarcastic personality.
Waluigi Mashers has the same origin as the above name.
Waluigi Flankers comes from the baseball term "flanker".
Waluigi Spitballs may be derived from Waluigi's cheating behavior.

Peach Monarchs comes from the fact that Peach is a princess, a type of royal monarch.
Peach Roses comes from roses, a type of red-pink flower.
Peach Princesses comes from Peach's rank as Princess.
Peach Dynasties comes from dynasty, another word for a royal family.
Daisy Flowers comes from the fact that Daisy love flowers

The Mario Sunshines references Super Mario Sunshine, as well as that most of the teammates are natives of Isle Delfino.
The Mario Fireballs references the Fireball, one of Mario's signature magic attacks.
The Mario Heroes references Mario being the main hero of the series.
The Mario All-Stars comes from Super Mario All-Stars.
The Luigi Gentlemen is derived from Mario and Luigi acting like gentlemen and being kind, friendly heroes.
The Luigi Vacuums comes from the Poltergust 3000, a vacuum used to suck up ghosts.
The Luigi Mansioneers is derived from Luigi's Mansion, which includes Bowser due to being in King Boo's painting.
The Luigi Leapers comes from Luigi's high jumping ability.
The Luigi Knights is derived from Mario and Luigi saving Peach, similarly to knights.

Bowser Monsters comes from Bowser being considered a monster.
Bowser Flames derives from Bowser's Fire Breath ability.
Bowser Blue Shells is based on a Blue Shell, a type of Koopa Shell.
Bowser Blackstars is probably named after Ztars, which is an evil Star.
Jr. Fangs comes from the bandana designed like a fang.
Jr. Rookies comes from Bowser Jr.'s young age.

Yoshi Islanders is named after Yoshi's Island, the home of many of the team's players.
Yoshi Eggs comes from the Yoshi Eggs that Yoshi can create.
Yoshi Speed Stars derives from Yoshi being a Speed player in the game.
Yoshi Flutters is based on Yoshi's Flutter Jump move.
Birdo Models comes from the fact that Birdo is always posing.
Birdo Bows comes from the bow that Birdo always wears.

Oh cool, other people found this funny as well?

These are my favorites

DK Animals derives from the Kongs, their Animal Friends and the Kremling Krew being animals.

Diddy Ninjas is named after Diddy Kong's fighting skills, as he can fight like a ninja.

I like this one the most, lol.
Wario Greats is named after Wario's arrogance, as he believes that he is great.

The Luigi Gentlemen is derived from Mario and Luigi acting like gentlemen and being kind, friendly heroes.

Peach Princesses comes from Peach's rank as Princess.

That one made me chuckle for a minute straight. It hit a perfect zen of stupid...

Walkazo said:
Not all of them are monkeys...
Yeah, I chose this one because it's blatantly incorrect. It's like saying Mario and Luigi are monkeys.

Waluigi Mistiques could be from many of Waluigi´s powers that are rather mystical.
Waluigi is apparently a powerful wizard.
Waluigi Smart-Alecks may come from Waluigi's sarcastic personality.
Can't forget that sarcastic personality that Waluigi definitely has and is definitely shown in every game.
Waluigi Mashers has the same origin as the above name.
This one legitimately confuses me.

Seeing the reactions here, I think it's worthy for archive on the BJAODN.

Oh, and if you guys think these are only recent, some of these "facts" were here for years.

Some of my favourites of those are:

Diddy Survivors is derived from Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong's power of surviving.

Wario Steakheads (when Wario has a majority of team members with a high Power stat): is derived from Wario's brute strength.

The Luigi Mansioneers is derived from Luigi's Mansion, which includes Bowser due to being in King Boo's painting.

I know there's no problem, as it's taken out of context of Super Mario Maker's trivia point, but this sounds really ridiculous

"...one of them is of Mario falling and landing at the bottom, shaking himself off and jumping back to the top, getting into a car, laughing and yelling, "Bye bye!" and then driving off..."

Duskull said:
Some of my favourites of those are:

I think the last statement is based on how certain team names are assigned based on team structure. If you include certain teammates or types of teammates, you get one of the many names. But yeah, I had to think that one through for a bit before "getting" it.

Baby Luigi said:
I know there's no problem, as it's taken out of context of Super Mario Maker's trivia point, but this sounds really ridiculous

"...one of them is of Mario falling and landing at the bottom, shaking himself off and jumping back to the top, getting into a car, laughing and yelling, "Bye bye!" and then driving off..."
A lot of Super Mario Fact's statments (which this thread is supposed to be based on) are taken out of context, so don't feel ashamed to quote-mine.

On very rare occasions, when falling into a pit, the death jingle is replaced by a much longer sound clip; one of them is of Mario falling and landing at the bottom, shaking himself off and jumping back to the top, getting into a car, laughing and yelling, "Bye bye!" and then driving off.

It's not like it's less ridiculous even when you're factoring in the context.

Back