Unpopular Pokemon opinions

I like Salamence, Dragonair, Hydregion, Goodra... it all boils down to personal taste, but even in its simplicity, I find the design to be unappealing.

I used to be in the hate Charizard camp. I used him in my Pokemon X play through and I really started liking him. Like Edo, I enjoy the simple design. Not to mention that with megas, he's finally viable.

Why does everyone hate people who like Gen 1?

So what if people enjoy Red and Blue? I like Red and Blue. Does that make me a horrible person?

Magikrazy said:

So what if people enjoy Red and Blue? I like Red and Blue. Does that make me a horrible person?
Definitely, much worse than those who commit felonies.

Magikrazy said:

People hate people who think Gen 1 is the only good generation

gen 1 is the worst generation imo
it's glitchy, the graphics/music aren't appealing, it's unbalanced, etc.
it may have been impressive when it came out, but not now

It aged so poorly. The items, the type balance (OK, so it isn't THAT much better today), the PC management, the Pokemon sprites (save for a few)... they're all terrible.

Baby Luigi said:
Magikrazy said:
People hate people who think Gen 1 is the only good generation
I got called a "Gen-oner" for saying I like Yellow the best

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
It aged so poorly. The items, the type balance (OK, so it isn't THAT much better today), the PC management, the Pokemon sprites (save for a few)... they're all terrible.
Generation 1 was the worst offender in balancing though. Dragon was just about unstoppable(yes, it wasn't much better for 4 generations afterwards, but at least there was actually a type that resisted it)

Vommack said:
Generation 1 was the worst offender in balancing though. Dragon was just about unstoppable(yes, it wasn't much better for 4 generations afterwards, but at least there was actually a type that resisted it)

As well as Psychic types

Vommack said:
Technically Dragon had two weaknesses but only one actually worked :yoshi:

I like how that has become a derogatory term now. 'You like a game that's old? Genwunner.'

It's fine to tell people that are trying to force their beliefs that gen I is the best and only good one that they're a bunch of fucking idiots, but I see it used to describe just anyone who liked Gen I at all.

Red is fun, to an extent. It has its flaws but it's still an enjoyable game.

It seems like Steel was just added in for the purpose of slightly weakening Dragon and Psychic. Although, it being resistant to almost everything arguably makes it unbalanced in itself.

Vommack said:
It seems like Steel was just added in for the purpose of slightly weakening Dragon and Psychic. Although, it being resistant to almost everything arguably makes it unbalanced in itself.

The balance is that Steel is an awful offensive typing

Vommack said:
The only dragon move was Dragon Rage, and it inflicted set damage, so there really wasn't any offensive dragon type moves.

Vommack said:
The only dragon move was Dragon Rage, and it inflicted set damage, so there really wasn't any offensive dragon type moves.
And as for the Psychic type?

Vommack said:
Vommack said:

Almost nothing resists them.

Baby Luigi said:
Vommack said:
Vommack said:

Almost nothing resists them.
And one of the types that does is bugged up, so it doesn't.

Pink Gold Tubba Blubba said:
its design is nothing special; it's just nostalgic.
I legitimately like its simplistic design, and it has nothing to do with nostalgia.

Sometimes less is more.
Gen I's simpler designs are great, usually. Look at Gengar, he's really a simple design but it still manages to be more impressive than most Ghost-types.

But then you get evolutions where you just glue three Pokemon together. :P

Magnezone>>>>Magneton

Dr. Javelin said:
I legitimately like its simplistic design, and it has nothing to do with nostalgia.

Sometimes less is more.
Gen I's simpler designs are great, usually. Look at Gengar, he's really a simple design but it still manages to be more impressive than most Ghost-types.
Haunter looks better, IMO.

Dr. Javelin said:

Sometimes less is more.
Haunter looks better, IMO.
This, and I thought no one else shared my opinion on that. HIGH FIVE!

Back