What gamers do you hate?

Purple Yoshi said:
Pokemon is basically an MMO already

The ability to exchange and compare game data does not make an MMO. That's kind of like saying Portal 2 is an MMO because you can make custom maps for other players, or play co-op with random internet people.

Yes, that is very nice. It does however not invalidate what I said.

Pokémon is at its core a singleplayer experience. You can compare and exchange your singleplayer achievements with other players (via battling and trading), but it all still remains a singleplayer experience. For it to qualify as a Massively Multiplayer Online game, it has to be a multiplayer title first.

As it stands now, you cannot do things like journey together or take on the Elite Four together, or go Pokémon hunting in the same patch of grass together, or even just hang out in a Pokémon Center talking to each other while actually seeing the other player in front of you. This may change in the future, and with it the validity of my point, but as of now it is a singleplayer game with some online communication tools built in. But that alone does not make it multiplayer.

I mean, it's fun to look at MMOs and look for parallels to draw to Pokémon gameplay (which is what the video is doing), but to take these parallels as absolute and declare Pokémon to be a definite MMORPG, sorry, I just don't see it.

I do however concur with all the other points the video has made.

I'm not sure if it's legal, so I won't link it, but there's a thing that's called "PokeMMO" (not PokéMMO, just in case if you cared) that has all (or at least a lot) of the players of it in FRLG Kanto and they can freely battle or trade.

Godzilla said:
Toad Eightyfive said:
PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
Magikrazy said:
PeteyPiranhaPerson said:
AVGN. 'Nuff said.
No. Not "'Nuff said." Could you please explain?

He's obnoxious, repetitive, and just calls games shit all the time instead of giving actual thoughtful reviews.

Watching an AVGN video for the review is lime watching a Godzilla movie for the character development.

It's just not what the show it about, and it's not why people watch it.
You clearly haven't seen a Godzilla movie. Several of them have great characters and plot. But alas, we live in a world where people just assume all Godzilla films are cheesy, mindless, and campy.

...that's not what I said?

I didn't say Godzilla didn't have character development. I said it wasn't the primary draw.

Sure, many Godzilla films have terrific characters and writing, but in the end the best part is when the big lizard monster destroys stuff. The same way AVGN videos have reviews, but you watch them to see him flip his lid and curse at the screen.

Gamers MMORPGs that get angry at n00bs that want to learn through experience instead of watching youtube videos.

Hardcore smash players that cannot have fun, I was a tourney player but fun matches are still fun for the love of God, don't degrade others for not wanting to adjust to your "rules"

Oh dear, this argument again. I'm tired so I'll make this quick.

Yes, some people like to play competitive. Yes some people don't play with items. But calling that "not fun" is just ignorant. Not everyone's definition of fun is the same. Believe or not, some people like to play differently. You can't hate them because they don't play the way you like to play. I love watching pro Smash tournaments and they are tons of fun.

Cheerilee said:
Hardcore smash players that cannot have fun, I was a tourney player but fun matches are still fun for the love of God, don't degrade others for not wanting to adjust to your "rules"

so basically you're degrading tourney players for not wanting to adjust to your rules?

Cheerilee said:
Hippo-Crit_Severity_Final_copy_inset.gif

Godzilla said:
Oh dear, this argument again. I'm tired so I'll make this quick.

Yes, some people like to play competitive. Yes some people don't play with items. But calling that "not fun" is just ignorant. Not everyone's definition of fun is the same. Believe or not, some people like to play differently. You can't hate them because they don't play the way you like to play. I love watching pro Smash tournaments and they are tons of fun.
Agreed. This argument pops up a lot it seems.

I think you guys are dramatically misjudging what this person is saying.

What Quarium is complaining about is players who fiercely insist that people should only play the game tourney style and every other way of playing the game is worthless. He even goes as far as explaining that he plays and enjoys both styles.

So ironically, by trying to call him out for "trying to force his playstyle onto others", you are actually defending people who do exactly that to him. Because it's those people he's complaining about.

Please think before ganging up on someone.

Ah, my bad. Seems I misread what Quarium wrote.

Out of context though, I still agree with what GP wrote completely.

Pink Gold Tubba Blubba said:
What Quarium is complaining about is players who fiercely insist that people should only play the game tourney style and every other way of playing the game is worthless. He even goes as far as explaining that he plays and enjoys both styles.

It stretches both ways too. I mean, there are people who think tourney is "not the way to play the game" or some ---- like that.

Baby Luigi said:
Pink Gold Tubba Blubba said:

It stretches both ways too. I mean, there are people who think tourney is "not the way to play the game" or some ---- like that.

Yes. Extreme opinions usually swing both ways.

Baby Luigi said:
is this going to be your new way of censoring yourself or something?

It's hardly a new way for her, Javels.

really? i seem to recall she was using some other form of self-censorship before, although i could be mistaken

Dr. Javelin said:
really? i seem to recall she was using some other form of self-censorship before, although i could be mistaken

You are. I always self-censor myself like that. I still don't like personally typing out profanity so excuse me.

Those who call themselves "hardcore gamers" just because they only play FIFA and first-person-shooter games like Call of Duty (I like Call of Duty, but it's not the only thing I play).

Hardcore Gamers are people who spend a lot of time, effort and money into a range of games not people who milk 12 hours of black ops 2 online every day while swearing on their headset.

NSY said:
Hardcore Gamers are people who spend a lot of time, effort and money into a range of games not people who milk 12 hours of black ops 2 online every day while swearing on their headset.

Oh God, the horrendous memories of playing Xbox Live on my cousin's 360 are haunting me...

Do you consider masters of Tetris hardcore gamers?

Back