What gamers do you hate?

Oh wow, that sounds pretty lame.

Believe me, it is lame. You might as well just ditch the world themes.

What Praseodymium said.(Can I call you that? I think I will.) The world map has some kind of theme, but the levels don't have too much to do with it.
Even with the levels that do put some effort in to follow a pattern of worlds, though...It's always the same worlds. 4 NSMB games have come out so far, and they all follow the same pattern:
World 1:Standard first-level grassland
World 2:Shifting Sand Land
Worlds 3-5:Snowman's Land, Jungle Japes, and the mandatory Beach Episode, not necessarily in that order.
World 6:Tall Tall Mountain
World 7:Sky Land
World 8:Lethal Lava Land
Alright, I'm not a professional game designer. Maybe this is some kind of secret formula for success that I just don't happen to know of. But, seriously...Can't we get a new theme once in a while?
Edit:Well, someone already explained it, so..ignore the first half of this, I guess.

You can call me that if you learn how to spell the name, (laughs).

Halayà úbe Praseodymium Mario said:
You can call me that if you learn how to spell the name, (laughs).
I already know how to spell Praseodymium, actually...

Baby Luigi said:
The importance of story depends on the game you're telling

Something like Mario platforming doesn't really need an elaborate story.
But it's awesome when it does (ie: Paper Mario series).

I also don't like anybody saying EA is a good company.

They just aren't.

Pink Gold Giga12 said:

They just aren't.
Still waiting for the day that a company that finishes games picks up the NHL license...

Pink Gold Giga12 said:

They just aren't.
Maybe not now but some of their 007 games where pretty good(or at least From Russia With Love was) and Mirror's Edge was pretty good too.

Pink Gold Giga12 said:

They just aren't.
Does anyone ever think that?

I guess someone could think EA's games are good, but not that EA is a good company.

Yoshidude99 said:
Pink Gold Giga12 said:

They just aren't.
Maybe not now but some of their 007 games where pretty good(or at least From Russia With Love was) and Mirror's Edge was pretty good too.
Mirror's Edge was good, but they'll probably butcher the sequel.

Pink Gold Giga12 said:

They just aren't.

No one's saying that EA is a good company

Too ---ing bad that Spore is owned by EA and they want it to die >_________________>

Pink Gold Fanta said:
Baby Luigi said:
The importance of story depends on the game you're telling

Something like Mario platforming doesn't really need an elaborate story.
But it's awesome when it does (ie: Paper Mario series).
But it's not really "elaborate", relatively.

Baby Luigi said:
Pink Gold Giga12 said:

They just aren't.

No one's saying that EA is a good company

Too ---ing bad that Spore is owned by EA and they want it to die >_________________>
Spore is one of those games that are screaming for a sequel. It's a game where you can create almost anything imaginable, characters, vehicles, buildings, spaceships, settings... they can expand the game by adding more outfits, more parts, more modes, more creators (like plants), more character voices... I mean, there is so much potential for growth, it's absurd that EA is apparently abandoning Spore.

Spore is one of those games that are screaming for a sequel. It's a game where you can create almost anything imaginable, characters, vehicles, buildings, spaceships, settings... they can expand the game by adding more outfits, more parts, more modes, more creators (like plants), more character voices... I mean, there is so much potential for growth, it's absurd that EA is apparently abandoning Spore.

i feel your pain, just like cryptic abandoned city of heroes and villains, which had unbelievable amounts of customization and content, and yet they threw it out the window just for their newer super hero game to get more followers.

crap is depressing.

Ugh, I don't understand their logic. Heck, you can split Spore's stages (Cell-Creature-Tribe-City-Space plus Galactic Adventures expansion pack) into separate games and make a bunch of cash in the process. Spore is one of those game that would really enjoy a "rehash", especially since it does have a few game-breaking bugs, lol.

As for City of Heroes and Villains, again, you have the resources to exploit the potential for growth, and you can make expansion pack after expansion pack. As long as they're good, people enjoy more "same but more and better" content for these kinds of games. These games have a long shelf life if you have a creative mind, so again, abandoning these creative games is absurd.

If anything, Spore needs a remake, not a sequel. There's limitless possibilities anyways, so why would you do a sequel?

Pink Gold Giga12 said:
If anything, Spore needs a remake, not a sequel. There's limitless possibilities anyways, so why would you do a sequel?
The remake would be called Spore 2, so I guess it would be kind of a sequel.

Although maybe some other company will do something similar to what Spore and Galactic Adventures have done. Spore IS hailed as a super creative game, especially with the sandboxy-ness of Adventure creating in Galactic Adventures, so I don't understand why stuff like the Sims is so adored while Spore is left to rot.

Pink Gold Giga12 said:

Isn't there a fairly limited number of body parts though?

I do not know in the slightest how the Sims is entertaining.

Pink Gold Tubba Blubba said:
Pink Gold Giga12 said:

Isn't there a fairly limited number of body parts though?

They can be used in creative ways. It's enough to make practically anything you want. The coloring on creatures is what probably the thing that limits creation though. Oh and there's building and vehicle creation too. But Spore: Galactic Adventures adventure creator is where all of it is at, honestly. The core Spore game is a bit weak.

And there's mods such as Dark Injection too

Back