General Discussion

I feel there is some French-specific word play that I'm missing here because otherwise, it doesn't really make any sense. The explanations aren't very convincing to me otherwise. Or, maybe French Nintendo localizers are that daft.

It's not French-exclusive, every language in the PAL release changes it to a pear. French happens to be the only one to actually say "pear" instead of "melon".

Wish

This is one of the dumbest articles I've read in this wiki.

Gravity is a gameplay mechanic that can be manipulated. Cup is an item, a difficulty level, and denotes a pack of courses. De-evolution is a non-generic term used in the Super Mario Bros. movie. Wish is a generic abstract term like Happiness and is used only as part of a plot point in Super Mario RPG and Paypal Mayro similar to Princess Peach's voice. Or are you agreeing with me that Wish should be removed too?

Okay. For some reason, I thought when you said "that pile" you were referring to the first few articles you listed. I'm careless. XP

Hobbes said:
What was the reasoning behind moving all .ogg files from the Mario kart series? I'm curious.

I was wondering the same thing, and the only thing I could think of was consistency in the file names.

There isn't. I don't really like this liberal moving of file-names, it just creates extra work for all of us.

Yeah, you should. You should move files only when it's absolutely necessary. Like, if it's a name like 43765094850945809458094384509.png or a stupid one like Wario is a Fat Idiot.png

I just notified him. If it happens again, he gets a reminder.

Personally I think that it is not an offense to move files to better names: (File:Mario.png to File:PM Mario Artwork.png). He shouldn't get any kind of formal reminders, unless it's unconstructive (moving any already proper named files), or he doesn't replace the files properly and/or not tagging the file for deletion.

Megadardery said:
Personally I think that it is not an offense to move files to better names: (File:Mario.png to File:PM Mario Artwork.png). He shouldn't get any kind of formal reminders, unless it's unconstructive (moving any already proper named files), or he doesn't replace the files properly and/or not tagging the file for deletion.
I agree. I looked over his contributions, and actually I think those names are better and make more sense. Personally, I don't think he should get a reminder.

Yeah, a reminder for something that's not actually a problem is too much. Hell, I don't even really agree with informally telling him to stop (aside from maybe pointing out that it's a lot of grief for very little gain and his efforts could be better put to use elsewhere, but not quite a cease and desist order). I certainly wouldn't've bothered wasting my time over file names like that, but if that's what floats his boat, then whatever: he fixed the links (afaik) and marked the redirects for deletion, so I wasn't gonna sweat it.

Those links and redirects need to be changed to accommodate for the recent split on badges and clothing. And that means those individual clothing redirects and clothing drops by enemies and stuff. This is a request by me, the proposer, so don't worry about edit sniping in that regard.

Yeah, I'm getting around to them. I've already done the clothing, I believe. NSY has already created some Paper Mario articles on the badges.

File:SMRPG_Peach.gif

http://www.mariowiki.com/File:SMRPG_Peach.gif

This file isn't rendering properly. At least, on our side of things. I used two different computers (one of them which has a gimpy video card) and it still doesn't show up, even on this computer I'm typing in right now. I can see it in the page, but the thumbnail display is completely invisible. Refreshing the page doesn't solve problems. I'm using Firefox when this error occurs, I have tested it in IE, which also has the same rendering problems.

Baby Luigi said:
File:SMRPG_Peach.gif

http://www.mariowiki.com/File:SMRPG_Peach.gif

This file isn't rendering properly. At least, on our side of things. I used two different computers (one of them which has a gimpy video card) and it still doesn't show up, even on this computer I'm typing in right now. I can see it in the page, but the thumbnail display is completely invisible. Refreshing the page doesn't solve problems. I'm using Firefox when this error occurs, I have tested it in IE, which also has the same rendering problems.

Forgive me being for an idiot, but by "thumbnail display", do you mean embedding it on the forum, or on a wiki page? Because if it's the former, I quoted your post and I see you put the File: page between the tags instead of the direct URL to the image ([img]http://www.mariowiki.com/images/c/cd/SMRPG_Peach.gif[/img ]), which is why it doesn't display in your post.

If it's not that, that's odd. It display perfectly fine for me.

Well I think i fracked that up, so no, I'm the idiot, not you.

SMRPG_Peach.gif

Well it looks fine here, but this

86px-SMRPG_Peach.gif

Does not display in my browser properly. Here's a screencap of what it looks like

CKffQgi.png

o5hRjDc.png

OH now I see

It doesn't display the thumbnail either, which is odd as it is dislayed correctly for the other SMRPG characters.

I'll get my twin to reupload the file (crop the borders) to see if it's just a minor bug that can be fixed with a simple reupload.

Back