Sonic Boom (The Game)

Altair said:
Too bad its not on Xbox 360 or Nintendo Wii. But it looks fun :)
The Nintendo Wii discontinued way before this game is announced, so I don't know why you'd be disappointed.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Altair said:
The Nintendo Wii discontinued way before this game is announced, so I don't know why you'd be disappointed.

The Wii hasn't been "discontinued"? According to IGN, there are at least three more shovelware titles coming out...

Farkles14 said:
Altair said:

The Wii hasn't been "discontinued"? According to IGN, there are at least three more shovelware titles coming out...
So pretty much what you're telling me is that in one word, we could describe the Wii as;

dead.

Crackin355 said:
Farkles14 said:
Altair said:

So pretty much what you're telling me is that in one word, we could describe the Wii as;

dead.

so you're bigoted against shovelware games?

Farkles14 said:
Crackin355 said:
Farkles14 said:
Altair said:

dead.

so you're bigoted against shovelware games?
Yes.

New announcement, there will be a new playable character, Sticks. I assume she'll fight using the boomerang.

Wow. Not only is Sticks a blatant rip-off of Marine (design-wise), but she has a voice that's even more irritating than Charmy's 4Kids voice.

Is there a reason we couldn't just get Marine?

Sigma said:
Wow. Not only is Sticks a blatant rip-off of Marine (design-wise), but she has a voice that's even more irritating than Charmy's 4Kids voice.

The voice is fitting, and that's all that matters. It could have been much worse.

Hey guys, look her head is shaped like a boomerang...............because she USES BOOMERANGS! (I know it's her hair.)

Mario4Ever said:

Pretty much this. Hell, they're practically the same design-wise except Marine doesn't have a boomerang head and just boomerang-shaped pigtails.

Smugleaf said:
The voice is fitting, and that's all that matters. It could have been much worse.
I don't see how it could have possibly been any worse.

Sigma said:
Smugleaf said:
I don't see how it could have possibly been any worse.
It's just your typical jungle girl voice, she sounds exactly how you would expect her to when you look at her.

Smugleaf said:
Mario4Ever said:

Marine isn't from Sonic's world. She's from Blaze's dimension.

Marine could easily have been transported there with a Sol Emerald (Blaze showed up in the DS version of Sonic Colors that way).

Mario4Ever said:
Smugleaf said:
Mario4Ever said:

Marine isn't from Sonic's world. She's from Blaze's dimension.

Marine could easily have been transported there with a Sol Emerald (Blaze showed up in the DS version of Sonic Colors that way).

There are no emeralds in this universe. At least not yet.

Mario4Ever said:
True, but that would probably mean that they'd have to add Blaze, and nowadays, anyone who isn't Sonic, Tails, Robotnik, Orbot, or Cubot are getting treated as if they're insignificant. Just look at the half-assed roles that were given to Knuckles and Amy in Lost World.

"Fans" as in classic fanboys, that is. Apparently, Sega/Sonic Team seems to believe that people like them speak for the entire fandom, even though they don't.

Sigma said:

Nah, I think Charmy still beats her by several miles in annoyingness.

Also, I think a lot of people are forgetting that this is an alternate continuity. There is no "Marine is in the Sol Dimension" or "They could have brought over Marine with the Sol Emeralds" because it's not even certain any of that stuff exists.

Hell, it's even possible that this character IS Marine, redesigned to fit the new continuity, and renamed because her name doesn't make much sense anymore in her new role.

Sigma said:
"Fans" as in classic fanboys, that is. Apparently, Sega/Sonic Team seems to believe that people like them speak for the entire fandom, even though they don't.

Well, the Classic games are pretty much the only games in the series worth playing.

The Adventure games and 06 are complete shit, and everything else is decent to mediocre.

Smugleaf said:
Well, the Classic games are pretty much the only games in the series worth playing.

The Adventure games and 06 are complete shit, and everything else is decent to mediocre.
Fine, you're entitled to that opinion, but the thing is, there are more people in the fandom than just classic purists, something that Sega/Sonic Team has forgotten almost entirely. Again, their opinions are not the ones that matter, and I'm sick of them blatantly disregarding everyone else just because they can't handle the fact that there are more characters that exist in the franchise besides the ones I've listed above.

Toad Eightyfive said:

trust me, you do NOT want to say that in front of solarblaze.
You're making it sound as if I'm some sort of Adventure series fanboy. That's absolutely not the case, because I'm one of the very few people who grew up with the Genesis/Megadrive titles, while at the same time, enjoys both the 2D and 3D games. To reiterate, I'm just sick of the developers catering the the classic fanboys every whim, while giving everyone else the middle finger in the process.

Back